Forums > Videos > M.C.P.'s Video Thread - new trailer, nov/07

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oh what's this? Definitely not advertising...

youtube:

google:

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7424846652645300031

download:

https://videos.tepookatoys.com/media/StaffDVDTrailer.mov

all my new tutorial videos:

https://mcp.tepookatoys.com/media/movies/tutorials-sep/

Made in september. Badly as per usual.

A very very very big video, that I haven't had time to chop up or make smaller yet. And won't for the next two weeks. It's the fourth in the illegal/stolen/borrowed spinning series. And it's definatly the best one I think.

It features fred astaire, break dancing, jackie chan and some very weird contact. As well as other bits and bobs, as ever.

https://videos.tepookatoys.com/media/illicit.wmv ~ 220mb

Yes, it is HUGE. But fred astaire, I mean, how can you compress him? He's not even doing cane manipulation... wink

Non-Https Image Link

YAHV: (Yet Another Huge Video)

https://videos.tepookatoys.com/media/snuft3.0.wmv

pre·ten·tious Audio pronunciation of "pretentiousness" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-tnshs)

adj.

1. Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified.

2. Making or marked by an extravagant outward show; ostentatious. See Synonyms at showy.

pre·tentious·ly adv.

pre·tentious·ness n.

An UPDATE? No way! https://videos.tepookatoys.com/media/fireandfaith.avi

Silly blue style avi nonsense.

biggrin www.firestaff-tutorials.co.uk biggrin

MCP's Staff tutorials.

Early videos:

The Adventures of the Slack and the Pook. Part III - HIGH ~ 37mb

The Adventures of the Slack and the Pook. Part III - MED ~ 17mb

The Adventures of the Slack and the Pook. Part III - LOW ~ 7mb

Worlds smallest monkey:

Non-Https Image Link

or my symbolic addiction to rob?

Is it cos I is Slack? <01> - 16mb.

Have Camera, Will Slack - High Quality ~34mb

Have Camera, Will Slack - Low, low Quality. ~7mb

In other news:

MATRIX TUTORIAL!

Matrix Tutorial - HQ ~4mb

Matrix Tutorial - LQ ~1mb

Illegal spinning:

Illegal Spinning

Borrowed Spinning

Stolen Spinning

Official Results Osaka 2004 - Baton Twirling world championships.

https://void.printf.net/~meghan/final/muppet/trickswithsticks.avi

the first two contain much of this:

Non-Https Image Link

v-large:

https://mcp.tepookatoys.com/media/movies/play-singles.wmv ~ 75mb

https://mcp.tepookatoys.com/media/movies/play-doubles.wmv ~ 6mb

oh and mags the jedi doing the "limbo"!

https://mcp.tepookatoys.com/media/movies/limbo.wmv ~ 511kb

There have been about twenty on something new videos added over the past couple of weeks, but I'll leave you to ferret them out.

this is my main reason for posting here:

This list represents what I consider 'base' contact movements. Most other moves are combinationsof this moves, variations, or these movements transfered to a different plane. These moves can be broken down into their component parts, but the way I present them here is as symmetrical (hopefully) movements. So for instance you can end a SNES with a vertical steve arm roll, but you'd break the symmetry of the SNES, so I don't present that here.

They are in rough order of difficulty and impressiveness. It all depends on how you learn thou.

Hand Wraps

Neck Wraps

Body Part Spins

Shoulder Wraps

Fishtails

Halo Roll

Conveyor Belt

Angel Roll

The Pivot

SNES

Halo 360

Steve

Jesus

Matrix

EDITED_BY: mcp (1194617498)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: Glåss

Agrees with Josh:
Then I think Its scrambled things up in my head, and its probably just as thin ice for a lot of that footage.
and wonders wether or not it would be right to photocopy megs book when it comes out??
confused wednesday
Drew

but drew, I did photocopy the baton DVD and send it to you?

I'd be pissed off if somebody typed in my book and sent it to project gutenburg, but not so much if they put up small exerts on a baton-twirling forum. And there would be nothing to stop them paraphrasing the explainations. Or re-drawing them and scanning them in. Books are fun like that. You could probably photocopy it all you liked if it was in a classroom situation... (and so on) and then once I'm dead and my ancestors (?) have had 70 years of benefit from its sales (lazy slackers) it would finally become public domain, and you could do what you will with it. So approximately 140 years after publication... not many time capsules last that long... (If there were any copies still around, which is another problem with copyright protection)

Yes nicking footage from peapot.net is wrong, but it's a lesser issue than ripping footage off a commercial DVD. (which the baton DVD is not) The I'm doing their marketing work for them argument is pretty null, cos drew does that anyway. But they are publicly availible clips. [ But ones that they probably wanted to stay on their site. ] It's not like it's plagarism, I do link to their website. [excuses excuses...]

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lolsign your a pirate meg .... deal with it hug

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
oh meg that was one impressive photocopy tongue you did of that baton dvd i saw most of it except the scottish entry i was told it would make me cry or something

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Written by: ben-ja-men

oh meg that was one impressive photocopy tongue you did of that baton dvd i saw most of it except the scottish entry i was told it would make me cry or something

cry, die one of the two.

Definately change your views of many things heavily.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Poocakes, I was really hoping to have a discussion about stealing and pirating movies and copyright in general. And then finally admit I was wrong. I guess I did that a bit too early in the game eh? I'll remember next time.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
If youre gonna act like a pirate, you should at least do it right and give the vids an "AAARRRR" rating... "Not intended for audiences with green names"

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
hmm, I must admit that I was actually more impressed than laughing (I didn't get to the cheese part yet), I can't wait untill the weather is good enough to go out of my too-small-to-spin-staff-but-just-big-enough-to-spin-poi appartment to practise those continuous elbow popping spins... rolleyes

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ubblol saw the cheese part, and remembered the opening poses... umm

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

wingmember
52 posts

Posted:
ahhh finally found the baton video....

Meg if I ever met you in person I would lay flowers, fruit, and monetary offerings at your feet.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
don't feel you have to meet me in person! biggrin wink ubbrollsmile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i'll just give you raisins wink

Love is the law.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
NO! eek

meanie

*runs sobbing from thread*

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
Seriously, don't feel that you have to meet her in person. When my hair grows long and curly again I'll be her substitute ubbrollsmile

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

wingmember
52 posts

Posted:
So how can I make offerings of adoration from afar? Or could someone in your part of the world kindly do it by proxy? I don't think raisins are enough.

Truly you are my hero. And one of the only people whose videos I can see. Are you on a mac?
linda

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
MCP, thanks a lot for making these videos. smile

You know, I've been seeing a lot of talk online the last year or two on "remix culture" and while I've seen a couple of things involving that, your vids along with the music really brings it home. Neat to see how much it works, like having the CCBBang.

Keep up the good work!
Shawn

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
for all the peeps that were'nt there... this is just a bit of me spinning really. And a random fishtail tutorial.

v-large:

https://void.printf.net/~meghan/play-singles.wmv
~ 75mb

https://void.printf.net/~meghan/play-doubles.wmv
~ 6mb

oh and mags the jedi doing the "limbo"!

https://void.printf.net/~meghan/limbo.wmv
~ 511kb

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Mags - you limbo lovely.

Next meet - LIMBO, LIMBO, LIMBO

Gayle.....!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i look forward to seeing anotehr of yer luffly.funny() vids, meg-unit!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
whats up with the blank 3.04 minutes at the end of the singles?!?!?!! thats 3 minutes of my life i want back ubbloco i liked the doubles some interesting movement ideas in there, mags has got really good the limbo looks very cool.

so did u want some critique feedback and general slagging off?

its been to long between videos hug

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Loved the 3 vids.

That limbo move is pretty nifty.

I really liked the doubles vid. Iso's are teh shiznit.

Single vid has lots of great moves. Looks like you been watching a lot of those baton vids smile Really liked that location with the circular jobbie and the clouds, was almost surreal. The tutorial style was nice but I do kinda wish there was a little freestyle session in there for a few mins, ya know? wink

Good show.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
redface Adobe premier's stupidity that the massive blank bit was at the end. It counts video tracks you've made non-visible as part of the total running time... Stupid thing. And if it helps, it's a good ten minutes of rendering blackness that I want back...

Yeah the weird tractor part round thing was an excellent location, unfortunately I did all the super hard moves in front of it, then the sun came out. And it looks so much better, so I only used the sunny bits.

There was a wee freestyle bit on the end... wasn't there? Or is this that "humour" thing people keep telling me about?

Not just Isolations, Anti-Spin doubles isolations! Woooo! Wait till I get that clean!

and while I'm here, limbo's can continue around the neck, as apposed to being pinched.

Ben, if it makes you feel better, you can critique my posture and [censored], everything else I can see what's wrong. No music, no dancing, no flow, no costume, g'damn! biggrin

Thanks for your comments guys, appreciate them.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Yo Meg

my brother took this of you - i kinda like it smile

MCP - arty BW

Ace to see you again by the way hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
i like that photo. I also have a lovely video of Meg staffing without a staff. looks like a very very odd dance.

Gayle.....!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Wow, what a great shot... nice one Strugz's brother!

And very pretty of the lady too biggrin

hug

Getting to the other side smile

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Your fantastic Meg... keep it up! hug

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Wow that photo is fantastic!
(i suppose meg being fantastic means you're ha;f way there anyway!) ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
that is a damned cool photo :-)

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't even know what I'm doing in that picture, and somebody please shut my wide open mouth... or I might add some drool or something...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Is there going to be a video of a wide set of steps sometime in the near future?

umm

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
meybe

Page: ......