Forums > Other Toys > Fire diabolo- a rare talent ??

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
I'm looking for anybody who use a fire diabolo or has seen a fire diabolo performace. I just got a fire diabolo a few days ago & i am in love with my new toydevil! I recently have come to the conclusion that there are not that many diaboloists, frown let alone fire diaboloists. What do you think??

fire is the light that shines in all of us. Be sure your light shines brightly wherever you go.

Diabolo_Ednewbie
4 posts

Posted:
I am a diabolist and i have 4 fire diabolos one original fyrefli and two new metal ones (for two diabolo) and one polymer fire diabolo. I liked them alot i fell in love with my polymer one but you are right fire diabolists are few and far between i know of maybe three people who have tried it and only one of those has one. Unlike most other fire props the fire diabolo is much more restricting to what you can do and can go wrong easier (i mean this generally as many things can go wrong with fire) My favorite thing to do with my fire diabolo is just simply to speed it up untill a vortex of fire forms around the wicks it looks great but shortens the like of the burn and your diabolo smile.

Basically yes fire diabolists are rare and very underappreciated i pulled off two fire diabolos once succesfully (ie i did a trick) and no one got how hard it was.

But dont let that stop you have fun with your new prop as you know you should!

I like to play...

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
I have only been using the diabolo since Jan & I have totally fallen in love with t\it. I have never tried two diabolos at once, but i hope to do so very soon. I just bought the fyrefli diabolo & i have been finding that the transer is an easy one to make from my Mister Babache "finesse" diabolo to my new fyrefli diabolo ( exept the extra weight sucks...). I have been doing all of the tricks i normally do with my regular diabolo, but my favorite is the behind the back whip-catch. (people seem to like whip catches, I don't know why- there are better looking tricks i can do). It's nice to fine a like minded individual

fire is the light that shines in all of us. Be sure your light shines brightly wherever you go.

*PiPeR*stranger
38 posts

Posted:
I do diabolo... and would LOVE to do fire diabolo, but I can't find any anywhere...
I have seen heaps on the net, but I don't like buying props without trying them out first. I once spoke to someone who can make them, but they disappeared... rolleyes So I guess I will have to keep on searching...
But since posting a thread aaaages ago on this same topic, I found a very limited response to fire diabolo's. I still love 'em though. ubblove
Where did you guys get your fire diabolo's from?
ubbrollsmile

~*PiPeR*~

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
Written by:

My favorite thing to do with my fire diabolo is just simply to speed it up untill a vortex of fire forms around the wicks it looks great but shortens the like of the burn and your diabolo

yeah thats fun.
i've got a fire diabolo, other than me and my friend i don't think i've met anybody that does it though.

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
I bought my fyrefli diabolo from renegade juggling(www.renegadejuggling.com) for $60. It's a well balanced diabolo & i recomend it. I have tried other fire diabolos but this one was the best. (you can even by replacement wicks!) The guy who owns renegade was cool enough to let me meet him in santa cruz to try out the different diabolos so i knew which one i wanted.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
www.firetoys.co.uk have quite a selection.... i looked at them before although I don't have my own. I've met a couple of people, in fact 4 people in the last couple of months who want to do fire diabolo, but none of them have actually got one yet, so I've never seen it done.

I always felt part of the charm of diabolo was the whole - tossing it around on a string part, so am really not sure what to expect if i can't see the string (which I presume you can't when it's dark...?) although I have considered replacing my string on my normal bog-standard diabolo with some clear fishing line, just to see the effect....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
fishing line? hmm-there might be to much drag becasue of the plastic but u never know until u try. as for firetoys- i don;t buy fire props out of the USA- i am not that patient to wait for my stuff to travel across "the pond". as for charm- tossing around the string, mooving yer body around the diabolo, all that stuff is a part of the diabolo charm.

ber sealThe Official London juggling über spy. shh! dont tell any one
419 posts

Posted:
I have a fire diabolo.
its a nessbit fire all mea

but I have not quite fallen in love with doing it on fire.
for some reason I have not found a nice one to play with.

and I do like doing diabolo, at the moment it is the one toy I play with the most. And I do quite a bit of fire as well. just I never seem to get around to doing the 2 at the same time.

Well I might just have to get it out soon, don't you think?

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
hey i know this is a well old thread but i just thought i would extend my hand as one of the few fire diaboloists around.
plus what you said about doing 2 fire how did you get boh in , friend or rocket start?
Written by: Diabolo_Ed

IBasically yes fire diabolists are rare and very underappreciated i pulled off two fire diabolos once succesfully (ie i did a trick) and no one got how hard it was.

fire leads to creation

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
If you drop a poi or staff it might get flung a few feet... Diabolo's seem to be a bit scary in the fact that if you drop it and its on fire, you literally have to chase it down before it runs into something/someone and lights it on fire since its trying to roll away from you..

I still wanna learn though wink

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Diabolo_Ednewbie
4 posts

Posted:
i dont know how long this thread has been here in in response to ifrit i had a partner speed up and launch the second diabolo smile

I like to play...

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
cheers, just need to convince a friend to get fire diabolo now so i can give it a go. i cant wait to try i really want to get a pic of a hyperloop.

fire leads to creation

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
I LOVE my fire diabolo- just make sure u get a firefli diabolo. They are the original & i thin kthat they are the best.

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
but does it has a fuel retention system? like a comet?

fire leads to creation

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
no- u just soak yer wicks and light em up. I do no think it is a comet firefli, just the original all metal firefli diabolo. (www.renegadejuggling.com has a pic of the product)

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
i've been doing diablo since i was seven and tend to find that its actually quite common. Maybe its the areas i visit. i prob see it more often than club juggling.?.?.? i'd love to try a fire diablo but i've seen a few and i'm not sure which is the best. i dont like the look of the ones with the wicks in a sort of 'cage' they dont seem to burn as well as those with exposed wicks.

i'd be interested to find out a bit more about your polymer diablo Ed?

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
man- where do you live- I would love to be able to find a place where the diabolo is common. I mean- juggling is more common here than devil sticks or diabolo. I see mor efire poi that diaboloists. My fire diabolo is held in place by a metal cylinder that is open one end. U can pull the wick out to ge4t more flame. I thin it works pretty well. Just look at my pics on my profile for the proof!

JakBJCmember
117 posts

Posted:
south east england. u should come over and visit wink

it helps that i teach everybody that i come in contact with, who takes an interest obviously, how to do it smile

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
yeah mine has those cylender things on the end but i was thinkin that i might take them off and try without just to see how much of a flame i can get.

fire leads to creation

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
damn I didn't even know you could get fire diabolo I've bin waiting to get a pair of normal diabolo for quite some time but now i know you can get them with fire I think my wait time will decrease...

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
dude- why wait for a diabolo period!! Get your Sh!t & get on with it! You are totally mising out on a cool toy. I love my diabolo & especially my fire diabolo. (you need to get one & quick!)

Filthy-Ralphmember
66 posts

Posted:
ive been doing diabolo for ages and im getting my fire one very soon. looking forward to it as well.

If hope can grow from dirt like me.....It can be done.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i've done diablo for ages, back in primary school it was a craze for a whole year. a while ago i saw a busker with a fire diabolo and thats the only time i've seen one. where do you get them? i've never seen any for sale in places like juggleart

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
come on Mr Majestik is it really that hard to scan through the thread i just looked up for 5 seconds and found 2 diffrent places, im not going to tell you tho tongue

fire leads to creation

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
dude- renegade juggling- firefly brand- the only one I like- It's the shiznit! look at my profile pics to see some pics of my fire diabolo at work.

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
can you do diablo with wire wool?

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

IfritBRONZE Member
The GF of HoP
492 posts

Posted:
You can yes but the effect is very short lived and crapy looking. Have a look at my gallery as ve got a pic of me giving it a go as well as the way i used to set it up.

fire leads to creation

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
i see what you have done. wire wool doesn't last too long anyhows so i guess by the time you have done a trick or too then its over anyway.

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
I think it is a rare talent i mean diabolo ed is right it does seem to be really restricting i say seem because i have never actually tried diabolo but i have seen both normal and fire and it is an amazing site, not to say anyform or the fire arts isnt amazing, but yeah i think there are far too few people who are recognised for the skill and perseverance it takes to master that which is fire diabolo.

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

Filthy-Ralphmember
66 posts

Posted:
been working with my mates one at the mo until i have cash for one. its very cool i have to say.

If hope can grow from dirt like me.....It can be done.

Page: