DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
So for the last 2 weeks i've been completely un-inspired in terms of spinning.
I've been happy playing with CJ, but just couldn't get excited playing with staff or poi.

But then suddenly this long-weekend I've spent about 15-20 hours in the garden playing with poi and doubles and suddenly I'm back enjoying it, learning stuff, coming up with new (to me) stuff and getting everything flowing.

My thanks go to the Rubber Heart Duo for getting me out in the garden in the first place and throwing doubles around, Strugz for saying things like "Now try the Steve" when using crosses and the sun for making it nice to be outside in the first place.

7 new moves learnt in 3 days - haven't had that much progress in a while biggrin

I've also found a new way to learn poi moves - which is learn something you've only seen done with staffs, then try and do it with poi and add to it - hand-swapping outside-throw whip tosses anyone? ubblol

Anyone else found their inspiration leaping back at them recently or anyone in need of some?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
that's good to see mate! biggrin i've been on full steam for the whole summer although i can't decide whether to pick up my sticks, balls, clubs or poi anymore! i've got to much inspiration rather than too little while all the while i seem to waste away pointless hours talking to people online who i only saw on thurs rather than actually doing it..... rolleyes

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
In need of inspiration? raises hand that would be me. I haven't spun in a while, and don't really have the desire to at the moment either. Maybe it's the heat outside, but I certainly don't feel like practicing. I'd do it indoors, but the ceilings in my apartment aren't eactly conducive to that either. Maybe I'll get some inspiration after I come back from vacation in another month...hmm...at least the thought of practicing is now in my head. biggrin

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Well Durbs I have you to thank for inspiring my niece. She saw your contact juggling/dancing video footage and now wants to learn CJ. I have given her my ball (which I was getting nowhere with) and she is , as I type this, happily denting her mothers skirting boards. When I left she was managing a catch and pitch inside and out on her left hand and a rolling throw with her right. So thanks again for the inspiration.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
oi, I've been on a huge learning train for the past month..I think it's being in a new area, meeting new spinners. Think I've learned new moves in everything, poi, staff, doubles, meteor, swords..Even came up with a few new cuts(iaido)..Ah, and many thanx to Dragon for sharing dragon wings, I finally nailed them on fire this weekend(tho with my new HUGE wicks, so I have no arm hair left wink )..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
youve had sun... bah. its been pretty dark here.. either that or ive been asleep. one or the other.

ive been spinning poi a bit this weekend, but thats nothing new... i dont think ive had a day where i havnt felt excited by the prospect of spinning poi since i started.

o and if you need inspiration, its that time of year again wink

*wanders off into a feild looking very carefully at the ground*

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
heh, thats one small reason why here wink

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
i recently started messing with my devil/luna sticks lately, my goal; fire with them by next summer(hopefully) , the issue of money is involved her somewhere as well, yay, new toys

i am a bit inspired cause i helped teach a poi class the other day, and i taught the teacher a few things and i learned a few things from the students, yay! ubbrollsmile

happy spinning

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
NP Musashi. Wouldn't mind learning afew new cuts meself. ubbidea

I have learn't alot of new moves in just afew days. I dont seem to have mucho inspriation though, im guessing its the new satves i got. In fact its so cold here right now i dont really even want to go outside and spin, which means i got to play inside...so i got the fire place cranking and the sounds... and lucky i got a massive ceiling biggrin

Live it up all you summer bums :P ...once winter rolls round again you find your inspriation goes as far as the fire place. Honestly, i havnt lit my toys in over 3 weeks. frown and thats after invites nearly every night in the last week.

Must be getting soft. meditate

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I wish I had no ispiration. My poi are 120 miles away and I have no tennis balls to make new ones. When I stop working the shops are shut so I can't buy any either frown Asda don't stock them unless they're in a tennis set for a fiver frown

Ho hum only....*looks at clock*.....only gotta wait 4 days to get them back

Let's relight this forum ubblove

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
dont use tennis balls -bird food is better tongue

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
But then I'd have to find a bird food shop open while I'm not at work rolleyes

Let's relight this forum ubblove

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Got any tennis clubs around you Bug? If so go looking in the bushes near the courts....you are sure to find a few old battered ones laying about and they will be FREE!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
Written by: Custom Bug

But then I'd have to find a bird food shop open while I'm not at work rolleyes

i bet asda stock some kind of bird food substitute like rice, or cereal... you should go wandering and find the weirdest/cheapest thing you could put in socks to make poi...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
UCOF wants to make fire sock poi wiht marbles in the ends. But then he's a bit loony....

Meh