Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: TeaBags

lol i would have thought ud like having guys hugging ur crotch dunc

Well normally I would but nobody there had hands big enough wink

Written by: Ben Benny Ben "Bags of Tea" Longstaff

i just wanted to say my footage is totally ace it shouldnt need to much editing at all apart from some that was shot by some tall lout which is all out of focus and of some random rubbish foot stuff

Well that'l teach you to lend your camera to a newbie won't it! tongue

So when will we see this illustrious video? Pre or aft the New Year?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*shrugs* i think its gonna be part of the merry xmas from somewhere sunny series buuuuuuuuuut if i can find somewhere cheap to live for a month or two i may stay on a touch longer so it might be merry xmas from somewhere stupidly cold

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblol You still remember that

I hope its from somewhere stupidly cold hug

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
dude its totally classic ......... like vanilla ice mmmmmmm vanilla

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
stop it you're giving me goose bumps ubbangel

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ooooooh i forgot i have super dooper special uber secret suprise for you smile i promise ill only add it to your copy *evil smiley grin of doom*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Nobody bothered to film me ubbcrying

I wouldn't've spent so much bloomin time practicing if I'd known i was going to be ignored so wholeheartedly...

Meh

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, this is the first time I have got near a computer since sheffield. But I just wanted to say I had a wonderfull time. And I think I got a hug from the brodieman, in fact I am pretty sure I had more than one. I also got hug from the benjaman and lots of other people.

It was lovely, and I got a lovely new staff care of Mr mech, he is called Mr staffy 2. Mr staffy 1 is back in Australia.

Anyway I just had a lovely weekend in brussels where I danced and danced and danced my lil heart out. Now I am tired and going to bed.

Hugs and gingerbread men to everyone smile

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
and you looked after Bugis and kept him from drowning (unlike some Stroo's I could mention).

Meh

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
lol cantus you big whinging git i got loooooooooads of snippets of you its all in the up and coming video i just have to find somewhere to put it

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
biggrin hug

Meh

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
WOW!!!

rah! you guys are crazy

THANK YOUS THANK YOUS all so much, who came and played and made the most amazing weekend happen!

Lost propertie is as stands: all we have found has been
* a set of sock poi
* 3 juggling sacs (i think these are of mister pyrowill)
* [Nx?]'s red juggly ball
* possibly a grey hoody, tho this may now have found its home.

im sorry if anything else missing has not been found!

soon t'will be time to play again

much love till then
lolli x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

and you looked after Bugis and kept him from drowning (unlike some Stroo's I could mention).

i still stand by the the fact that he jumped in that pool of alcoholy fluid! lol

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bugis is too young to drink. He says alchimohol taste of icky.

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
ben - you got about a milisecond of me frown and I spunned for ages........ I'm sick of not existing frown

ubbcrying

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hug for the Firey Fairy.

kiss

You do exist.

Ive met you.

hug2

I actually have footage of you alone spinning on my computer.

You spin ubblovely doube staffs.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I see she doesn't want my avatar anymore....
Anyone want a nice frog avatar?

Meh

3,638 posts

Posted:
thank you jon.........

I just thought that if I put me as my avatar people might take notice......... *shrug*

Should I go get the frog again?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
No no. feel free to change it whenever you like. it's fine. It's your account after all.

The new one is much prettier than my stupid frog any day biggrin hug

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
aww look at them, they are so cute

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
no worries fluffy napalm fairy your super poi in ingraned into many memories
hehehehe i watched you do poi..
thought yay poi is a good idea....
went and got poi...
played poi.....
realised i looked sily
then sat down.. smile
but was very inspiring tho smile ubbangel

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Who is "so cute" William? Me and my ex-girlfriend?

We used to be the cutest couple on HoP biggrin

Now i don't know who wears the mantle....possibly Bugis and Ben-ja-men

Meh

3,638 posts

Posted:
lol - I haven't seen that in writing before! eek ubblol

wink

I thin kBugis and his Left foot ubbangel

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

jon does that link still work?

the ballon one is ok, the other one flid made is well out!

The balloon one ranks 2nd highest on my photos site this year.

The other one (which was made with your's and frodo's consent), was deleted on request by you, i don't even have a copy myself anymore. I believe narr has a copy thou wink

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

Who is "so cute" William? Me and my ex-girlfriend?

We used to be the cutest couple on HoP biggrin

Now i don't know who wears the mantle....possibly Bugis and Ben-ja-men

*Will backs away slowly, little does cantus know that it'll be him backing away if he calls Will WIlliam again mwah ha ha*

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oops sorry Wilbur. I was sober when i wrote that.

My mistake. Won't do it again.

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
wink

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

ben - you got about a milisecond of me frown and I spunned for ages........ I'm sick of not existing frown

ubbcrying

come to london before i go and ill do a whole video of just you spinning, cant say fairer than that hug

3,638 posts

Posted:
when are you off?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*shrugs* im booked to leave dec 1st and im up in edinburgh from wednesday this week to wednesday the week after ........ at this point in time.......... but when i came back from austria i got my passport restamped for 6 months so we shall see ........ the draw of the sun is strong

Page: ...