Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
me too, dont think there were any of me tho frown

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Is that because you're invisible perchance, astro faerie?

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
hmmm blatantly, well astro i think mike was playing with my vid camera in the hall and i think i have u in the group i jsut dont know which one u were

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Psst - she was the invisible one....did you notice objects moving apparently unaided by human hand? that was probably her....

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
well i thought maybe it was just that durbs had created a new contact juggling trick, moving it without touching it

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Righto im going to try and do my post on the thanking everyone for a wonderful weekend and attempting to address all who i met but considering (as usual) i havent been to sleep yet and its 7am! yawn! so anyway what a bloody great weekend, I wish i had stayed longer cos it turned out the workshop I had to go to for monday morning i overslept for anyway so oh well, i udnerstand i missed the watchin of red dwarf, damn! and of course seeing you guys for longer too smile

firstly big thanks as eveyrone has to lolli, pk and solace organsing all of this, you guys were ace in sorting out everything, so good in fact i think you should do it again, soon, maybe tomorrow ? ubblol

thanks to everyone i met on the weekend who made me feel so welcome, starting from roughyl near then beginning cos thats easiest then no particular order
UCOF, Pink...?, Bovril Monkey, cheers for meeting up with me, shame about being 2 HOURS LATE and leaving me in burger king to whittle away straws and get stared at by koreans for having 'nice' hair, it was great meeting you all, apologies for the imaginary snoring pink, ace ballons bovril and ucof, erm..cheers for...something, whatever your all ace!
duballstar (thanks for the shoe lace) ,tom,da sd (sorry i dont think thats correct but i only know you as adam, or is it alex wink), fluffy napalm fairy, was terrific meeeting you all and us enjoying our little plate spinning,special cake eating and of course bov's ballons, sunglasses anyone?
cantus, a pleasure meeting you, you were taller than i expected wink durbs, always a pleasure meeting you and your guildford lot, see you when im next down there, lex, oh god those flpajacks remember you were gonna pm me the recipe, pweeze smile 2 bags, you are a nutter, a godly one but stull a nutter, all those poi! all that orange juice, the whole chair! pretty cool stuff! vixen nice sweeing you again since reading, annoyed i missed this fireman action, but still managed to crowd around the laptop so prime time falmouth 2 viewing! stroo likewise very nice meeting you also, hope you had a good weekend! and dont even try stelaing my band next time :P tobi (mint sauce) nice seeing you again since reading also, we must meet up sometime, maybe at the manchester meets, thanks for sorting out my handles and for supplying the wire wool

sorry im starting to run out no of people i rememeber, goign very tired too, if i have missed you out please tell me and i 'll edit smile apologies, its late, or eearly even, thanks agian to lolli, solace and pk, please do another one soon smile
take care everyone

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I was the one in the black polo neck, with dark hair tied up, baggies, and white pants showing, lol, just in case peeps was wondering, i may be a faerie but im not invisible biggrin lol, theres pics of me in my gallery if u wanna check out who i was lol. ubbrollsmile

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
See, now I think I did meet you...

Didn't you walk to the park with me, Dunc, Step etc after dropping the UV cannon off at Lolli's?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Nope

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no durbs, that was alice (i forget her hop name)

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Oh rolleyes

In fairness she did have dark hair tied back, baggies and a dark top though...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no she had dreaded hair, held back with a band, and it had flecks of red in it, plus she was wearing baige baggies i think

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
and was introduced to you as alice by mat

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm

Maybe

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
EEEKKKKK!! confusing eh??

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Still no photos anyone?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
nope

Step (el-nombrie)

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
wow look my first post on this thread, way down there on page ....................

erm photos, dont wanna see no photos of me not after the one astro just mailed me! thanks ali.

erm well good to meet all those that i did, i had the best weekend of my life, for many different reasons that weekend so id like to thanks you all for putting a smile on an already smileing face. ubbrollsmile

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Hehehe no probs mate *cackle* biggrin

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Jonny

Dunkywunkywoo: See a doctor about your snoring. Its not natural

I tell you it's quite unlike me to snore that much, I think it's cuz I was on the hard uncomfortable floor while G took the crash mat.

Sorry to everyone I kept awake redface

Let's relight this forum ubblove

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
i've got about 50 photoa on my digital camera which people can have, ive only uploaded 2 new ones on the gallery, i need to make the rest smaller then i can stick them on

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I demand piccies tongue

Will when are my pictures going to arrive in the post? Have you sent them and the footage yet? hu? hu? tongue

ubbangel Only joking, whenever you're ready to send them off hug

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Will - if you can get them to me (e-mail or otherswise) I can whack the full size ones up on the web...

Same applies to everyone else too

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Nice to meet you all. grouphug

Big thanks to Loli for accomidation, smiles, etc (And your friend Tim for putting us up)

And big hugs to pink for making my jaw drop! eek
(Pink can now 'Oli' her hyperloops everyone and she hasn't even posted in the new moves section. spank)

Thanks to Nx for showing me some crazy atomics. I think I'll leave those till I can actually spin normally! biggrin

Thank's to the girl who lent me her big pink fluffy poi. They were much fun and made me feel like a real man! I'm gonna make some soon!

Sorry if I wondered up to you and went WOW you're (Insert famous spinners name) 'HI' and then had nothing to say! Was a tad spaced / overwhelmed. redface

Sorry to have to run off like that and couldn't stay longer! To many things were happening on that weekend and I wanted to do them all. Had a fat bounce with PSI(mike) at psy-trance extravaganza in Bristol! bounce

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
did someone say pictures? it appears peteski's already on the here here. i'll send mine to matt to put up as sson as i get my lazy ass into gear... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
wow those peteski's pics are cooooool....yeah let me know when any of the others go up, would love to see them all ubbrollsmile

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
They're Cool! biggrin

se if you can spot me in this one? https://www.armagon.net/web_gall/pip/show.php?id=13

ubblol

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

SamuelGOLD Member
22 posts

Posted:
There's four ones of me glowsticking there (the green ones along the top row), I'm sorta proud biggrin

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
big props, innit. biggrin

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: garthy

They're Cool! biggrin

se if you can spot me in this one? https://www.armagon.net/web_gall/pip/show.php?id=13

ubblol

no but i can see Nix, Ogre and Mint Sauce.

Meh

Page: ......