Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
smile hug smile

Bug called me young!

ubblove Bug ubblove

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh we could do that, or while shes sulking we could just dress her up as a clown and shave off her eyebrows and point n laugh *runs away before she reads this*

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
wow i missed this one i reallllllllllly wanna come N-E-body got a small random bit of floor to kip on will pay in hugs and green and blacks choc... smile

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
lol, ill be there, but im afraid i cant put u up, but green and blacks choc sounds yummy :P

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh i really wanna go but i do kinda need a place to crash for the night, i promise i am quiet and will wash dishes, i can also make cookies smile i reckon i could squeeze into a 2 by 2 space,please!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Alternatively Will we could wax your whole body and then paint pretty flowers all over you. I'm sure that would cheer me up no end!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
ello ello all

y'all should get your arsses to the wonderfull world of sheffield

skulduggery- tho i no know where in wales you is, if you can get to bristol from where yous are, the megabus costs £3 return straight to sheffeild, tho be warned, they use converted double deckers and its a long journey to want a piss redface help

as for floor space: i will be back in shef next week when we will hopefully be getting the rest of the circus skills soc, the flying teapots, involved and a shout for space will be given. ill let y'all know about that when i know.

until then if anyone has any questions/rants/promises of cake then please feel free to get hold of me and bully me to reply * i seem to be bad at that for some reason, oppski*

normally the shefffield poi in parks start around 3pm and are held in Endcliffe park. However we are all hopeing this to be a HUUUGE day of antics and fun and so better arrangments will be made and given here,

so watch this space nana

much love, hugz and purple penguins
lolli x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
When did you get so growed up miss lolli?

biggrin

Meh

littlemisshelennewbie
17 posts

Posted:
can anyone give me some more details about this meet up in sheffield? im from leicester so i know my way to the station but other than that ive never been to sheffield so ive no idea where the meet is... anyone got a map they can post? also if anyone can suggest a hotel?

mmm... flammable

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I'll be there, like I said if anyone's got a bit of space for a tent, or a matress that sleeps 3 (me and my girl, I need 2 spaces!) just pm me please... otherwise I gotta fork out for a hotel!!!

Cheers

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oh, and any1 need a lift from anywhere along the m56 I can accomodate. Thank you.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Alternatively Will we could wax your whole body and then paint pretty flowers all over you. I'm sure that would cheer me up no end!

ooo i say!! can it be something else other than flowers? or maybe we can get some whole meadow thing going

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ok i am seriously thinking of coming.... I mean i will definately come if the Alton Towers gig isn't on.

But need place to crash and all the normal requests ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Alton is only a few miles away, we can do that AND the SHP Day biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
MATE!

its an hour and a halfs tyoe drive mate! youll be lucky!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Is it really that far?!

Big frown

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Well i was thinking about booking Megabus for this and if the Alton Towers thing is on only £2.50 i've lost... ubbangel

StarlyStarBRONZE Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
Will definatly be working out how i can make it to this, it sounds like it's gonna be fun smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yes dunc towers is that far away!

trust me on this!

as for getting away form towers to sheff, say we finished towers at 11, which once we get out of park afterpacking up is about right, we wont get to sheff untill about 12.30 - 1 and bythen pretty much every one has gone home as its well cold!

sorry mate!

Step (el-nombrie)

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
seeing as there doesnt seem to be one in london (where id have a place to crash) i'll be coming to sheffield. also looking for crash space if anyone can help? ubbangel

And if anyone is driving from the midlands, i cant help on the driving side, but would share petrol costs smile

Lynne

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Step

yes dunc towers is that far away!

We'll miss it then ubbcrying Of course that is if Alton put the firworks night seeing as they've had all that trouble lately.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sorry bro, but on teh up side, if we dont get towers, then at least you can drive to mine, and we can go up to sheff and play!

biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
right as it takes an age to get up to Sheffield...

Could i possibly crash round someone's place the Fri night? ubbangel

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yep, you can crash at mine if you like pink!

Step (el-nombrie)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Wicked....um i will be getting the Megabus up...how do i get from Sheffield to yours? ubbangel

(oh and thank you hug )

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
sod the towers you lot, this is gonna be the most fun you've ever had with you're clothes on...... fire devil

just to let everyone know that PK has decided that this event will be the Official 3rd Birthday Celebration of Poi in the Park, eek AND that the Pip website now has over 1000 members as well so we've got even more to party for! biggrin

if anyone else needs accomadation in sheffeild, get in touch with matt (solace) over at Pip ( here ) cos he's being a star and sorting it all out ubbrollsmile

yay! bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
IM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!! I finally will get to meet some of you guys, not been to anything this huge thats poi-related.
I'll be the one with the pink carnation in the top left hand pocket LOL. bounce

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
cheers Duballstar, will do smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
ho hum ive got my self all double booked again pip sheffield, or torture garden what to do...... confused confused

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Sheffield. Go on Mike.... ubbangel you know Sheffield will be wicked. Plus you can go to TG whenever (ok whenever it's on)

Page: ...