Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
PiP Sheffield. Now shut up and look for somewhere to sleep wink tongue

Meh

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Decided againts emotional blackmail.......................oh sod it!

Ill cry LOOAADDS if you dont come mike frown , i realllllyyyyy want to meet you, and you'll have a great time, and it'll be great! and this will be the best PIP so far and stuff etc etc..... biggrin

hehehehehe wink ubblol

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
slightly leaning towards torture garden...stunning women in rubber....hum... nakedness .....and il get to play wid fire on stage (mabie) but on the other hand i could go sit in a cold field, but that would be with my favoritest faerie in the world(astro)
hum...........
eak
poo
fudge
frown confused confused confused confused confused

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
go.......go.......go.......

Listen to the inner hamster, he will guide you...

Briefly, and in one of those day glo plastic ball things...

Oh, do you think it would be cruel to spin hamsters in those day glo ball things?

Mwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!

offtopic Sorry!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
actually I've changed my mind. Don't come. If you do I'll be really cross.

Go to torture garden and look for an e to put in your kinky wink

Written by: brodiesomething

on the other hand i could go sit in a cold field

Who says you'd be allowed to sit down? and anyway, it's a park biggrin

Meh

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
what if we could arrange some nakedness for you? eek or at least leathercladness? and we've got stunning women by the bucket-load! biggrin whether you get the two together is debateable but i'll get some nipple tape on if you come up mike. wink it is halloween after all...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Right so booking my coach tickets...

I am arriving on Fri 29 October at 15:50 Sheffield Arundel Gate,

And departing on Mon 01 November 2004 at 1310.
ubbangel

Which means that anyone who could meet me, etc on the Friday i would love forever ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I hate to ask but... what exactly is happening in Brighton?

Oh, and if anyone's still interested in getting a jet...

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
ahh your perpared to make pip in shef all kinky just for meee. im touched....
frown smile

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
the manchester lot will be there....yay!and if anyone is free and able to come down to manchester this sunday were have a pip....
[Old link]
that will tell you all u need to know about it..
And if you want to let us know your comin or would like to ask us anything about it...
[Old link]
cool i hope you can all make it..manchester meetings have only been goin for about a month now and the first one was great.
so come down....
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
yay i cant wait, hopefully meet all you HoPers that ive been randomly chatting to for so long and havent had the pleasure of meeting you, and likewise as most people are posting i do need a place to stay, will contact solace on PiP, im gonna book my train ticket within a week, im coming from hull its about an hour n a half drive, whats happening on friday night, sorry havent been paying much attention, just trying to think which day i should go

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Deliriummember
8 posts

Posted:
sounds like lots of fun, i'll be there! ubbrollsmile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
guys, this will be such a good one, no pip this month i think, but the 20th will more than make up for it!

have fun!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
frown Not fair I can't come ubbcrying

Let's relight this forum ubblove

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
is anyone here going to headcharge the day before on the friday, i should be at sheffield train station around 6ish on friday if thats the day i chose so can someone either meet me or can someone pm me a number which i can call to go meet someone or a group of ppl or something?? evena house?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well - I'll be up for it, and will see if any other silces of Burnt Toast want to come to.

But it'll be dependent on floorspace m'afriad - so if anyone has a double/king-size bed they don't mind giving up for the night, i'll be there wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
durbs aint you going to work alton towers?

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
ah yes - that was it... I knew it clashed with something.

Mind you, AT isn't a definite yet.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
.......but fortunately step has enlightened me on something. The Alton Towers lovely fireworks are from 7pm till 7:25 pm, we're spinning as people arrive and as they leave. So if we can get out by 8:30 we'll be in sheffeild by 10pm to big up the already massif!! ubbidea

this kinda news makes me do a biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wicked... 10pm sounds a lot more plausible than 1am. biggrin we might even still be awake by then! wink as for brighton events go check at www.spherculism.com in the sphercular ball thread...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
*reminds people she still will be lost and lonely and all alone on friday at 1550 when she arrives* ubbangel

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
oooh and me. il be all alone too. you better all be nice wink o yeah and is any1 going from ox direction? no? x

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
*reminds everyone will will (clever huh, see what i did there!) be lost at around the same time too!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
*thinks there's a good chance he'll be ditto*

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yay we can all be lost together biggrin
Dub - pity there isn't a garthy around who could give us a lift again!

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yay i think the 3 of us would look pretty cute, for some reaosn if we standing there it should rain, i think it'd look cute, i am weird, only rain for 5 secs so we can get a pic of it, shame

ugoAgogoBRONZE Member
112 posts

Posted:
im there!!!!

well halfway anyway, stokes almost sheffield. whens this going on till??? till dark?? i dont know any sheffield peeps so will have to train it back some time or sleep on a bench. . .

missed loads of ya at glasto in big twirly trippy mess. determined not to mess it up this time

ugo

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. . . . . . . . . . . . . ZAP

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: ugoAgogo

i dont know any sheffield peeps so will have to train it back some time or sleep on a bench. . .

I don't know many either. When i was last there i knew everybody. Now i come back from travelling to find that they've all left and it's full of strangers.

Well, should be an adventure any way...

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ugo, ill be getting there late!

cantus, i feel like i knwo you, i was kind of stalking you round oz, so its pretty much the same no?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Ugo!! Good to se you around mate!! You were at Glasto? Shame we couldn't bump into each other!!

I'd just like to Boast that I won't be getting lost at all because Mech knows the way and will be showing us, so all we'll have to do do is sleep while we drive and follow the force, or smell as Narr calls it wink

Page: ...