Forums > Social Chat > Spinners in Melb next weekend? the 6th-8th July

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hey Melbourne Peeps! and those nosey enuff to see what this post is about......

Just interested to see if there will be any spinning going down next weekend as i am coming to the mainland and i'd love to see some of your raw talent.......... `

SOoooooooooooooo let me know and i'll try to convince my hosts to take me where you are spinning!!!!! xoxoxox!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
there'll be spinning going down FOR SURE!
dunno about in melbourne though..

Fire... A bushmans telly

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Melbourne people unite!
By your powers combined,...
Twirling takes priority over alotta things, sleeping, eating, human rights,... so if yer krew is in the region, we'll organise an event - what suburb?! St Kilda is a weally nice spot to twirl, and close to pretentious cafe strip... I have been working on new equipment and this may be a nice opportunity to try not to hurt myself wif it!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Bender, sounds awesome, let me know when where what ect. lol, it'd be great to see some shennanagins from the crazy melb folks, aka you and arsn.........
ok, i might be sucking up now, im not sure. as for krew....... well that would be just me, solo spinner, will be bringing my poi with me and scoping out juggle art for some kevlar while in the state........ `
hope to see ya there!

Kez-Schmezmember
30 posts

Posted:
So... St Kilda next weekend eh???
Tell me where and when?

6,978 posts

Posted:
ok a tutti giocano 'firetwirling' pericoloso alla Luna Park! 6.7.2002 ore nove.
sono e stupido.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Well, for this weekend, there be a mass rally at the maribyrnong refugee detention centre at 11 in the morning tomorrow (sat 29.06.02). Festivities kick off on a stage:
Bands performing on Saturday (starting 2pm) include:
The Little Red Look (folk)
Things of Stone and Wood (acoustic pop rock)
Snout (indie-alternative)
H Block 101 (punk)
Tenderfoot (raggae/ funk)
Cabal (dub)
Jess Macavoy (female acoustic)
Cousin Leonard (ecclectic)

performers + entertainment, activities + stalls, speakers + workshops.
53 Hamstead Rd, Maribyrnong.
the official site will not say that we're gunna instigate civil disobedience by taking action against the fences.

Nobody is illegal.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
quote:
ok a tutti giocano 'firetwirling' pericoloso alla Luna Park! 6.7.2002 ore nove.
sono e stupido. as quoted by bender...
Ke? and for those of us who are stupido?

luna park, 6/7/02, what TIME?

6,978 posts

Posted:
for the time being, I plan to set all the fire session crap up there by 9pm.
If the weather looks grim, the time may shift to earlier in the day.
watch this space as if the life of someone you almost loath depends on it.

Leave it to the other girls to play,
For I've been a temptress too long.

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
howdy all,
Bender, were you at StKilda fest, near the doof stage, going off under the cypres-pine-tree-things, at some point? While ago now but I am intrigued.

If iam still vertical and the rain is not pissing down I'll come past and say hello at Luna Park. Glad to see fire back in Stkilda, its been about 3 years since regular mtgs were held in Odonell gardens or the beach. people always ask me if i know of any gatherings in the area.
cheers and sooty fingers
kerri

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Yo Bender... are you walking - i mean talking - i mean taking fire gear to the Maribyrnong protest tommorrow? - i guess there's not a whole lot of point in the day time, but eh. - if it gets rough i think flaming poles should fend off the forces of evil (cops) pretty well..

- here i am again in the rain.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

6,978 posts

Posted:
indeed it was I.
some poor dude was tryin' to sell devil sticks and the customers kept lookin at us instead!
it got hella crowded later cus security told us off for entering that cordoned off area in the first place - i regret reverse roundahousing a passer by, but things just were not spaced out enuff. some video crew got footage too. I was 'illegally happy' whilst twirling, so you musta caught me as my first rush came on
refer people to the bulletin board @ juggleart, cus up to date info can be found there, or at the site on this link the melbourne scene amazes me with the constant flow of new twirlers. you guys must be making a killing. if ya come to the session on the 6th, I'll show yas my humble collection of firecrap. i laaaaarve meeting new firefriends!

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
cool, that was you. I can see why the devilstick guy was struggling to compete for the audience! I remember his stall actually..hahargh. I'd love to see your (chemical joys tee hee)set cos i remember you were utilising a style that is very different to all the same old same old stuff i see around. I was impressed and sat on the grass there with my friend and watched for quite a while!Kinda like Dan from pyrostix years ago actually...though i was usually on stage at the same time so i didnt get to see a whole lot of his moves from an audience perspective...I think he's in Europe now. Must say hi to toni if she comes down on the 6th too cos I met her a few months back, did a workshop for her. Hey if noone from Fireworks is busy, can i bring them too?

Back on the Melbourne thing, did anyone catch Nellie doing Poi at Bar Called Barry? He was f*#king amazing, poi like you Do Not See anywhere but when he does it. I went to NZ in April and only the Maoris were better at poi than Nellie. Actually that is probably a highly debatable topic.He doesnt post so i dont know if anyone knows him.He use to teach poi at Circus Oz, not sure if he still does.

cheers and sooty fingers
kerri

6,978 posts

Posted:
grousehouse! it puts a shivver down my spine and a relaxation in my appendix when people go on about their twirling idols. I basically steal everything i see and thank people heaps when they expose me to new trix/transitions/enriched uranium. my staff god is Xaeda or CharlesInferno (even tho i never seen him twirl!) my doublestaves god is Chris Morant from Concentrate (dan is an excellent technical twirler but one of the most impersonal people I've met - a good twirler to me has to be good at niceness first!) his Wushu training influence obliterates the COL series IMO. the best poier has to be either sage from this site or earthdreamer.
bring ya krew, but most importantly, bring ya fun! if the weatehr holds, we'll laugh our asses off again! we'll lend ya a VHS of the last St Kilda it was hella funny
keep practicing kerriskis!
(I think we emailed once before cus u guys used to twirl at north court... funny how we never met there!!!)

wooty.

Kez-Schmezmember
30 posts

Posted:
What's a Bar Called Barry like???
Me Curious Georgette.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Splendid... just no making any fun of the state of mind I may be in... if all goes to plan... tee hee... mmmm liver... will we be haveing your little brother Sparx for dinner... and what age is you all???

that's an important question...

see you soon... tee hee...

------------------------

Non-Https Image Link

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Sparx is six foot six, we may have a problem eating him for dinner, unless you plan to bring a few friends aroudn? LOL

also, tis just me heading up to melburp, yay, and im 23 and Sparx is 18 and a pain in the assinine postier and that doest matter cos he wont be there anyways...

wait, what was the question again?

6,978 posts

Posted:
Further developments.
- the wound smells of almonds, which is not good.
- don't worry aboot bringing fuel, we'll have firewater on hand for all. my boot is probably explosive by now.
- A backup plan/fire site is situated in the city, justin case.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Bender, do you want me to email you my mobile number, because i will be awol as of thursday and probably not able to look at posts in case something does go wrong???

also, im a coward, so i will bring many pretty little glow sticks to spin with , hooray! yay me *cower, whimper*

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
doesnt almond smelling wounds mean gangrene?????

although, arsenic smells like almonds too... `

its amazing what they teach you at school camp....

6,978 posts

Posted:
i can't access my home email account(!) for the time being!
I'll pm ya, just check your pulse. i mean profile.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
cheers benderenderender
have sent reply.
is only three lines long, dont be offended...

or was it four?

6,978 posts

Posted:
Ima thinking that an earlier start.. basically pre twilight, cus i have a new firetoy whose balance i need to practice while there's still light - that way I'll keep my motor functions as they are.
Photos from sat night will be posted on this thread (!) possibly with a nudity warning, if not a medical procedures warning.

But honestly, ...who throws a shoe?!?!

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
howdy all,

Yo Bender, I have to pike out on this one cos we got a 4 pack gig which pretty much strikes half the people I was gonna bring too. Always the way...gotta work when you want to JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why I have no life and hardly any twirlers remember me these days.I envy you guys going hard in the park... that is the true essence of fire twirling/the whole fire experience. Doing shows is a great experience but it is WORK...you got to bend to the professional, creative, technical and client responsibilities, and not burn your ass/anyone else's at the same time. Give me the freedom of the park, waaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Maybe next time eh. I'll keep an eye out.

Yes I did used to twirl in Nth Court...me and about 30 students each night...ran a course in fire and circus there for two years. Small world! T'was most funny when the guys on the balcony would get really drunk and yell stuff at us when we were firebreathing...hahaaaaargh. I love responding to hecklers with dirty great big motherf*@kin fireballs.

Anyway,Have fun everyone..hope the weather is good for you...

Cheers and sooty fingers

kerri@fireworksdance

6,978 posts

Posted:
Jeebus
last 3 day was freezing + wet + dark (like some of my friends!)
Sat looks 11 deg and raining
But!
Sunday is Clearing with 14 deg.
Kerri! where is your gig?!? what is a 4 pack? I hardly ever see a professional gig that was... professional! if sat night looks rained out, I still wanna see some fire!
what me pyro?
beware the flynt

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ohhhhhh bugger......
sunday? BUM sunday would be the one day i am booked out......... shirt shirt not good
*PRAYS FOR SUN*

ohhhhh dammit, okies, bender, i think i am offline as of tonight, when i begin my great foray in to the wide blue (grey) Yonder.. and get to melburp at around 2100 tonight..... so i guess i will msg you over the next few days so you can puhlease keep me posted????? *sucks up* *grovel* ect....

also..... i havent ever spun wiv the big scary flamey bits b4, lol, so i'll be bringing a lovely assortment of glows....... (lame i know, but hey, i never promised to be cool...) annnnnnnnd i hope to see you soon?

xoxo

6,978 posts

Posted:
eh we'll always have tom paris.
no wait that made no cents - I'll keep yas posted. now to find out where scary kerri will be.. perhaps some undercover twirling can be had if the weather is poo poo. keep that phone on!

honestly, it's not my bag!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
fone on.....
omg
fanks for remeinding me! i have to pack my charger.......... `

UNDERCOVER LURVE>>>>>.. isnt that a song? do we care?? not i she says emphatically!

emphatically....... what a great word.....

i really shouldnt drink fanta at lunchtime `

6,978 posts

Posted:
I just got back from lunch/juggleart with 5Lt of the wacky water, I realised that you MUST go to this shop if you like juggling/firetoys.

/slavers

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Yes! juggleart is on my list of things that i cannot forget to do, mostly because i want to go buy some kevlar.....

*drool*

is it 8:05 yet?????

6,978 posts

Posted:
/thumbs nose at flynt from this timeline.
nyah can't extradite me cus ima double parked in a handicap zone.

Page: