Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
there you go...sorted, we tell you too, as you said there is no do not

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
But if it's raining?
Then it'll be fooked.

Car or bust wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Rushes into the thread panting like a fool. Sorry I'm late peeps my comp broke. I am coming and will bring a tent with me (only a small one the one I took to trading is a bit to big to lug all the way to Sheffield) I would like to stay in the hall if at all possible and should be arriving sometime (very vague yes I know) depending on how I get there if =FL@5hPoin+= has space left still that would be great. If not I will be getting the train with loki.c1687 on Fri. hay will you have no need of sleeping arrangements you slept just fine in front of the fire on the last night at reading if I remember (giggles at the memory of a grumpy cold will on Monday morning).
Ha just finished reading the whole thread from the beginning (how many people can say they have done that HU HU) this is going to be one cool week end.
That is if the weather holds of may have to come in my reading gear (will will understand) to prevent excess mud build up. Been looking at fancy dress but they don’t make it fire proof infect all the good stuff is extra melty don’t fancy a trip to A+E and trying to explain the half melted skeleton clinging to my bum.

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
ha ha yeh tobi, that was nasty waking up that morning, i dont think ive ever been so cold in my life, but memories of the night before make it all worth while, i still have that picture of you and mr frog in a provactive postition on my phone, bring reading gear, those boots rocked man!!

i need to find my halloween costume still, any ideas anyone?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
asusual, tom wonders in on the twentyth page, casualy anounces his intention to attend said event, and leaves it at that.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
yes but Tom has sneakily already arranged a place to stay and has no bloomin worries.... juggle

Meh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
smile

A Tom, a Tom!

smile

its only two days now!

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
rah!

mister jon, the hall has a few sofas but in general will be floors to sleep on. To all: PLEASE bring sleeping bags!!

The weather forcast for the weekend (drum roll): BBC Weather forcast

lolli x x x

edit: i know tis muchly stating the obvious, but if some ppl can bring parafin it would be amazing! spin till last man standing methinks. . .yes and then cake!. . .mmm cake
EDITED_BY: lolli (1098874281)

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
im still coming yayayayayayay

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Lolli...that weather is [censored].

Ask simian to change it for us please.

With a sun index of 1.
Everyday.
I dont think
we will be sunbathing.

cool

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
oppski

i forgets, Durbs, drums Definatly count as music making thingys wink ubbloco as long as you know mind bringing it up.

could you change the weather mister monkey, please?

lolli x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Durbs when do you arrive? I'll be in our car and Step will have his new fancy schmancy motor too so you won't have any worries about getting picked up. Although I can only do it if someone else comes along and shows me the way!! biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Hang on a minute...

am in right in stating that there will be more than one base set up?

Tents in the park

Tents in Lollis garden

The Hall.

does this mean that we will all be split into little (possibly big) groups?

cos thats a bit poo in my opinyata.

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
How close is everything?

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
In relation to?

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
am i right in assuming the hall is in the paerk? and hopefully lollis house is near the park, there u go durbs no excuse now! bring the uv cannon

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unsaturated Carpets Of Freedom

In relation to?

Each other! smile

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
erm...

dunno.

smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
OK, i'll double check luggage allowance on the bus, and work out how to get to London with it...

Jeez, should never have mentioned it rolleyes

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Is there a luggage allowance on the mega bus???

eek

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yep, didn't you read your small print when booking?

But I'm going National Express - which also has one...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Taken from https://www.megabus.com/smallprint.php

Written by: That small wierd sailor bloke

9. Passengers are advised that megabus.com will accept up to one piece of luggage per passenger. For guidance this should be no more than the size of a standard suitcase. Passengers can also take on board one piece of hand luggage up to the size of a small to medium sized hold-all.

Erm... ive got one 17Kg tent, one 100 litre rucksack...and my staff bag.

shlt.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Jon - Ahh i'm sure they wont mind.... i went with my big bag, a small bag and a staff and they didn't say anything.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Depends how full the bus is...

But the trouble being, if they say "No" - you're fooked.

Hence why UV cannon could be tricky smile

At least with National Express:

"Luggage is limtied to 2 medium sized suitcases per person plus 1 hand luggage on all services. "

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im only small though. I can curl up inside my bag. what if i actually wear my bag?

Like cut leg holes in teh bottom where my feet can stick out, and walk ontot he bus and say that my bag is surgically attatched and there was nothing in the small print about that.

smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
they're usually fine. i brought loadsa stuff to bristol... smile

bounce yay not long togo!! couldn't find a costume that wasn't flamable t'other day but seeing as i'm going to a halloween party tomorrow night anyway i'm gonns need to come up with something. will probably only be a mask tho... frown

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Posted:
check yalls messages

!!!WheN PeOplE StArT HaTiNg ThAts WheN YoU KnOw YoU MaDe It!!!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
So who is setting up the live streaming web cam for all of us that can't get there, so we can spin with you from the comfort of our own houses?? ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
dunno why your bothered skull cos your coming arent you..........ARENT YOU!!! wink

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Jon, leave some space in your rucksack. I doubt I'll be filling mine completely so if they get arsey about the tent we can take it out of it's bag and split it between the rucksacks.

smile Only a day and a half to go before I'm headed northwards smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Page: ......