Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

Acidtrip, this midlands Sphercular HOP and Poi in the Park event is being held in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. on the 30th October 2004. if yous have a look from earlier in the post and there should be more details for you there.

There is room for jons mansion in our garden, looking out on the park. good location and cake biggrin hug

To clear confusion about the hall, my bad for sure, the Hall will cost £70 all formentioned included. so the more ppl we get coming up to stay there, the cheaper its gets for everyone ubbloco lol.

everone coming on friday should have a house space where to establish themselves at. Hall space and some house space is avalible for anyone arriving on satuday.
lollli ubblove ubbangel

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so long as its clear i wnat my space in jons tent, itsall good, if i have to kck someone outto get my space, i dont care!

yes i am rather territorial!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Lolli can you fit one more tent in your Garden with Jons?

I'll be coming on Friday, so the hall will be great to crash in on Saturday night but don't fancy having to kip in the car Friday evening if I don't have to

Man this is really gonna be ace isn't it! biggrin

bounce kiss bounce

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
lolli can i bring a tent to pls?

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Me too - or hall space, don't really mind, as long as there is coffee making facilities on Sunday morning smile

Er - unless there's space in someone else's tent.
I don't mind - I just want somewhere to sleep/skin up in out of the rain biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Oh - er- please ubbangel

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Lolli, how big is your garden?

My tent is about 6 meters long and 3 meters wide.

umm

Plus all the others?
Wont it get slightly cramped?

ditto the coffee making facilities!

BRING TEA!
BRING COFFEE!
BRING SUGAR!
BRING CUPS!
BRING MILK!

DO NOT FORGET TOILET ROLL!!

smile

Im just talking from experience!!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
whats the matter paul did the brighton lot turn u down :P

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

lasersurgeGOLD Member
100 posts

Posted:
*walking back into conversation with basket of muffins for all*
wave
Looking more certain that i'll be arriving on you're fair shores the end of next week for a visit and some little international home of poi day gathering bounce And 19th of November i could be moving to live and work in the UK for a time. But yeah, it would be way cool if i could have some shelter also, hooray for shelter. Ben's off galavanting somewhere me thinks, hope to catch you soon online or something. Hoping to be in London on the 28th and head back on the 2nd (back to belgium that is)
Looking forward to meeting and playing and learning and uh... funning with you all. Hooray for fun. weavesmiley ubblol juggle

people are people

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
So is there a list of people actually coming???
(Or am i about to start one)

Definates?
Maybes?
Arriving/Leaving??

xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Looking more likely... ish smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
vixen, there is little point doing a list, its so close to the time, and its so hard to comple a list wen there are only a few deffos

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I reckon we should just see who turns up on the day.

That way, we cant be let down by people who say yes,
but who do just not have the balls to go.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Here you go Mech.

I'll be bringing some of these with me smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'll have my campingstoveinabox with me so I'll be able to make tea all day while we're in the park biggrin Bring tea, milk, sugar and a cup for essential goodness throughout the day

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bov, are those all 260's?

i have some left over, and some heart balloons as well that ill be bringing with me!

Step (el-nombrie)

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
They're not all 260s but most of them are.

There are:
1150 260s
200 160s (I think I should have got more of those)
100 hearts
100 blossoms
100 bee bodies
100 rounds

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
can i borrow some of those, while you teach me all kinds of new and wonderful ballon things bov?

Step (el-nombrie)

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
UCOF is that a dig at me? x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Right Brodieman is definately coming.

I just booked his coach ubbangel (megabus is getting more expensive as the time comes on... so book now if you have yet done so)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
right then, just booked me coach. i should be arriving about 5ish on friday afternoon + leavin at 6 on sunday! biggrin

bring it on!!! bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Not at all Vixen.

I personally have not heard you offically says yes you are coming yet.

So I wont be as dissapointed if you do not come (I will still be dissappointed though), rather than saying yes you are coming, then dont.

hug

Ping?

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
How much is the bus at the mo??? xxx

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
mech will you be making your famous spurting pork sword again?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:

Right - I REALLY want to go so do I...
a) Get bus from London at 07.30am which means somehow either getting to London and parking somewhere over the weekend or carshing at someone's house (hint hint) - This bus gets in at 11.50-ish
b) Get 11.30 bus without having to stay or park in London but doesn't get in until 3.30
c) Drive up which is a bit of a mare, but probably about the same in price if i can get more people in the car
d) Sod it - and go to Brighton?

If anyone can eithe offer me floor space in London Friday night who fancies getting the 07.30 bus or wants to share a lift up from Guildford way - let me know here or by PM

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
pong peace

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Durbs, if you go I'll come too. Even though I don't like you at the moment wink.

I reckon we should just get the bus on Sat morning (the 11:30). It will be fine - I'll bring some stongbow and pies or even strongbow pies...

I'll talk to you about it tonight smile

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
ima def coming can all hopers who will be wanting brodieman hugs form a orderly que.... right who is first
are peeps stil gonna make pip kinky esp for me too?? i hope so... lol smile

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Me me... i want hugs i'm first ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
durbs, stop bitching, get your tits on the bus, and go

you should boook your tickets asap cos you dont want to miss out

could you not get up early on sat, and get trains or busses into lindon to get the mega bus?

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......