Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
fiddlesticks...not been on here for ages, thought i'ld pop my head in and see when this big meet is going to happen and it already did eek damn this dizzyness!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well I texted you about it the week before Rachel. It's not my fault.

Meh

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
blast, nevermind. due to orange being selfish i now have no phone as they won't let me use it on their network anymore so i wouldn't have got your text.... i should have paid my bill really but i moved house and informed them of an address change (over the phone and in the shop) several times and they just didn't send me the bills that i asked for. i then had to make a costly phone call from my landline to sort it. i found out the bill was over 200 pounds (alot of money for a poor student like me) and they had already evicted me as an orange customer. so i have come to a payment arrangement with them to avoid getting blacklisted and they were supposed to send me the arrangement in writing... a month and a half and several phone calls later..i'm still waiting!

otherwise i would have got your text (sorry about the rant i'm a little annoyed with orange as a network, not as a colour).

anyhow how are you mr fraggle, i've not seen you for ages?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey hey.. while i got my computermabob online i've put some photos from pip up over in my gallery. they is only a few but there's more somewhere... biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ive added a few more to my gallery also

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
not to sound to sad, but how com eout of all the pics, no one managed to get me doing anything, its like im just not there! ubblol

Step (el-nombrie)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i mentioned you in one of my captions. besides you can't complain... at least you were in the video!!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Cool pics Dubb biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
thnks man... i think wills pics are funnier though! ubblol

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
mech i have more footage of u doing rope dart i didnt bother putting any fire on it but will on the dvd version smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mech, you ego maniac, you get a speaking role in Ben's video....
stop complaining biggrin

hug

Meh

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
So Will... when am i going to get the footage of Sheffield as you so promised me ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yeah Step, and it's even taking the mick out of me so shut yer whinging before I give you a donkey scrub spank tongue

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sorry guys

seems that i am loved after all!

anyways

sorry for ripping you in the vid dunc, it was kind of funny at the time, but now i just look like a dick on teh vid! biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
s'alright, best spinning I seen you do in a while wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sounds aboutright

remeber kiddies more speed less control!

so when are we meeting up fpr a play old boy?

hows the new grip holding out?

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
haven't abused the new grip much yet, it's been to rainy and cold and horrid to play outside so I been learning lots and lots of contact poi instead.

We can meet up soon, who's turn to do the driving is it?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
mine i think in my new care, as you came to mine for sheff

thus meaning your house dont it?

NO BLOODY REKIN!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
It's spelt Wrekin and ok, we won't go up it if you're to lame to walk for a hour or so (even if it is nearly vertical!) It's actually a very easy walk but much better in the summer so we'll stick to the Che Dunc back garden performance arena biggrin

I'm in this weekend if you wanna swing round?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
isn't it chez dunc? che dunc makes you sound like some kindofa revolutionary... smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sorry dunC , me and Sophie have to goto Portsmouth for the weekend this week Thes being a model this weekend

my

Step (el-nombrie)

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I went up the Wrekin the other day................

did you know it's a perfect example of a both basaltic intrusions and cambrian unconformities - as well as being made of the famous Wrekin quartzite? biggrin

geology ROCKS! wink tongue

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Well........im not anywhere either lol, oh poooo, mind you i know Brodieman took some footage of me on someones camera, i think it was Benjamens, so we'll see if i turn up eventually.
Mind u i know CANTUS thinks im invisible LOL, even tho i was a sat with him part of the night hehe

wink

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yeah good pont, Chez Dunc, although if people like Che Dunc I can have a range of t-shirts, mugs, place mats and other accessories in the shop byMonday wink

Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

I went up the Wrekin the other day................

did you know it's a perfect example of a both basaltic intrusions and cambrian unconformities - as well as being made of the famous Wrekin quartzite? biggrin

geology ROCKS! wink tongue

You came within 1 mile of my house and didn't come to see me! Pah! Fine *sulks* frown

And stop being such a big fibber Ros, everyone knows that the Wrekin was formed when a giant dropped his shovel full of soil when he was tricked by a cobbler on his way to bury Shrewsbury

quartzite indeed rolleyes Heretic! tongue

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
right i know ive constantly said i'll do it and i never get around to it, well i am 100% burning the footage onto a cd for you pink, oh and durbs and tobi , eeek!

more pics coming soon guys, im just lazy as pink will tell you

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yeah lazy is an understatement tongue

Geeze i mean, how long have you been promising it? tongue

(only joking - hug )

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
erm im not sure, im so lazy i cant even remember, but oh well, i think im gonna cook some spag bol ubblol maybe thats whats messing with the memory hmmmm

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
oh and i forgot one word in the 2st post up there i meant to say im 100% burning it for you TOMORROW , there that should ssshh you wink

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
tomorrow...as in Saturday or as in the day that never comes? tongue

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
erm, the first one, oh no wait there was only one, ok i'll do it saturday, just remind me yeh smile

Page: ...