Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh jon dont worry about it, they will only get aresey if the bus is ridiculously full, and i doubt its gonna be totally full to the brim anyway, so you should be fine, mostly they put those things on their policy so people dont purposely overpack and havea limit, it should be fine
anyway if the bus driver gives u hassle you can just tell him about how in the bag is all the goodies for the children at the home and without it christmas will be ruined for them, its bad enough they are blind etc, im sure that'll work

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
any space for two on friday?

not sure where to go.............

help? ubbangel

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

3,638 posts

Posted:
that was space to sleep....................please help

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Tent?

There should be space in mine on the friday...

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
So... what time are people getting to the park? this thread's got too long to find anything in...

--ben

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Hi There!!!

Tobi, I still have a space if you want it, you'll be stuffed in with Andy and his mate, but I got a med sized car so should be cool... (3 in the back...)

I'll pm you with the details...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
doh looks like i am missing out on this one frown

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

3,638 posts

Posted:
jem you can't be serious? you have to come..........

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh come on jem, and come on tobi!!!!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Im getting to the park for 5 ish, cos im working, but ill be there smile .

If you have a problem that you have one too many suitcases, if theres a group of you on one bus then you can just share it out, so it appears you all have the right amount of luggage. Depending on how much each person is taking though, hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
OK..

Definiatly coming so if anyone wants a lift from Bristol around Friday afternnon then Give us a PM.

I've got 2-3 spaces if you're not bringing to much stuff.

May be able to pick up people on the way there but my navigation skills are poor to non-existant (And my drivings pretty poor to)

Coming back sunday sometime.

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Looks like I'm coming on Saturday now not sunday so see you then guys, I'll have Rossco & Mech & Narr and my special lady with me biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
bounce

:yay:

smile

Im leaving for london tonight.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
wish i were going.....

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
its simple, come!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
From the deepest, darkest depts of scotland?

and will.....

I think your new avatar is making my screen rate go all loopy....

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh go for it lol!

sorry for the avatar, hey if u cant stand the heat...get out of the kitchen man!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Erm....

thats not the problem.

The problem seems to be that, if you are doing a quick reply, and you can see Your avatar, the framerate gets reallu y jumpy.

If you cant see your avatar, there is no problem.

smile

So you get out of the bloody kitchen!
I love heat!
Ive been here longer than you so nana

lasersurgeGOLD Member
100 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately i'm not gonna be in the uk for this most fun filled hop weekend. ubbcrying I'm trying to sort out visa stuff at present. If i go to Estonia, the Ukraine or Romania i can apply for a working holiday visa in the UK,shrug i'm hoping to get a response from somewhere closer like warsaw or prauge, but yeah, that's the story, i have visa issues to sort out so i'll not be meeting y'all just yet, but the time shall come, and it should be soon.
Have the wickedest fun ever.
smile

people are people

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
now there is a little possibbility that i could go to this meet, hell EVERYONE is going to be there, hmm

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
whoo hoo its tomorrow

Katerpillarmember
19 posts

Posted:
Hi all, sorry to barge in at the last moment asking questions, but that's the kind of girl I am...

I desperately want to come and play with you all on Saturday bounce but I have to be somewhere else until about 9.30 ubbcrying Do you think you'll still be in the park by then or moved on?

...dream is destiny...

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
dylan you pikey biiiiiiiiiatch swim over or something you cant miss this its gonna be aweeeeesome.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
bounce onemoredayonemoredayonemoreday!!! bounce2 looks like the fun could start tonight here in notts cos it could be the first thursday it's not raining in ages!! yay! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: ASTRO FAERIE

If you have a problem that you have one too many suitcases,

Suitcases? eek

how middle-aged are you?

Written by: Katerpillar

I desperately want to come and play with you all on Saturday but I have to be somewhere else until about 9.30 Do you think you'll still be in the park by then or moved on?

I can't speak for anyone else but i'm more than likely going to be there still. if that helps?

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Isn't it going to be quite a late one?

Oh - the weather forecast is looking up, Sat & Sun both sunny biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I thought we were going to hall when we get it? therefore will we not be in the park, but the hall at 9:30?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
yay well its two days till i come, am doing two 14 hour shifts in the hospital so i can be there will be arriving sat mornong so may need lots of hugs and caffeeneeeee when i arrive,
yay
im all exicted
hugs
smile

meepSILVER Member
344 posts

Posted:
Update: Not coming. Been way too tired this week, and a weekend of being up all night will wipe me out for next week.

I hope you guys have lots of fun smile

"But what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

Dorothy Gale

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

Written by: ASTRO FAERIE

If you have a problem that you have one too many suitcases,

Suitcases? eek

how middle-aged are you?

errmmm oopsie, i meant bags, im not middle aged yet! 25, and i got asked for ID at the bar last night hehehe......so yaaaaa booooo!!!! lol (only joking) biggrin ubblol

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Page: ......