Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
and will in an attempt to go to bed early this time, this will be my last post tonight, jsut gonna clean my room and go to bed, cos i know some of you like to check up on me *cough c@ntus cough* goodnight all! see you in 5 days baby!!!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
Wow

sorry for the muchly delayed response guys, my bad for sure, having no net sucks big time frown

right, as pointed out by mister step, the train station (sheffields only one), the interchange AND Arundles Gate (stop for the megabus) are all within a minutes walk from each other and are located atthe edge of the city centre.

from the station the walk to the park is about 30 minutes, tho its nice enough to bumble along. alternatly buses can be got either from the bus interchange or from various points in town. if you do get on a bus you want it to be heading towards Eccalsale Road and Hunters Bar Roundabout. for the park or towards the university of sheffield for Harcourt Road ubblove

The other alternative is to call me, and either myself or someone equally as ubbloco can come and meet yous or at least give yous some directions to meet us.

My number is o7951 o17 8o7

for those wanting to get to Harcourt Road, my suggestion is to go to the interchange and get on a number 60 bus to take you to the university of sheffield (in opposed to sheffield hallam uni) which is 5mins walk to our house. if you give me a call when you reach the university i can come meet you. you can also get the tram from sheffield station to the university!

About tents: there is room (just) for two tents in our garden tho there is a park that backs onto the house which can unofficially, if somewhat conspicuously, hold a number more.

there are a couple of spaces for ppl to crash on friday night (if sleep seems plausible to yous* and as stated there is a hall + breakfast making appliances for all who want on satuday.

the cafe in the park has made no promised to stay open till late but will do as they can to sate our drive for tea and munchibles.

did i miss anyting? confused

much love and delayed apologuises

lolli xx

EDITED_BY: lolli (1098783071)

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Runs in and yoinks the space next to Jonny-boy for my tent

Boomshanka wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Lolli has anyone told you how much of a star you are hug

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wow.. much useful travel related information! biggrin can a few peeps pm me their no's just in case i get really lost an lolli doesn't answer me? wink

i'm going to look for a hAlloWeEn costume today... ubbrollsmile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Do we need to reserve spaces in the hall for sleeping?

If so er, can I please reserve 2 smile
Not both for me...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
So who exactly is sleeping in me tent?

and we are we putting the tent?

Lolli, is there a gate between the back of your garden, and the park? or will we need to climb over every time we need a wee?

and Lolli, my tent is big. Im guessing it may not be able to fit into your garden. I propose having two smaller tents in there instead of just mine and another one.

:tired:

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
good job lolli, thanks for all the info, sollace mentioned i was sorted for a place to stay on the firday, if in fact any sleeping will be happening, if so will that be at yours?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
will be coming up sat morning, anyone mega bussing from victoria 7.30 am??

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
yay your coming! i dont think anyone is geting up early enough to catch that megabus my kinky friend

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
im trying to convince 2 of my latest conversions to come up from staines, they better but at the moment they are undecided, they are worried they dont know anyone and will end up being alone, how silly!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Are you guys aware that the clocks change this weekend?

I believe it's at 1am Sunday 31st October?

If so (and do check cos I'm not certain) it could affect anyone taking a coach back on Sunday.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
Heya all, I am driving up on Sat if anyone wants lifties smile

I have room in my car for 4 as well as lil ol me, no petrol moneys needed as I have a work petrol card!!

See u all there
I may bring gingerbread men, and they are really cute and somewhat edible. Otherwise I will make gingerbread man shaped sandwiches... smile

Oh I cant wait I love road trips smile
crazy_frogwoman@hotmail.com

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
Ohh I forgot to say the me taxi is leaving from the STANSTEAD area.......and.......I am having .......
HALLOWEEN party on the fri night, all welcome smile

Can pick people up from harlow or epping, email me to organise times.

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

478 posts

Posted:
Hall space reservations should not prove nessacary as there is enough room for 20-30 ppl biggrin

in fact you guys are doing me much favours, as the more ppl staying their, the more we get for our money!

pyrowill, thiere is indeed space for you, if not at ours then at our mates who live on the same road.

theyre crazy too so you should be fine! tongue

jon, you will have to climb a wall from the park to garden, if you are planning on staying there. our garden will probably not be big enough but we'll figure it out, no worries!

only another 3 days to go, hurrah *bounce* ubbrollsmile hug

lolli x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

478 posts

Posted:
Question: Does anyone have some form of a speakered portable music-playing device that they wouldnt mind bringing along?

we are trying to sort one out here but to so success so far frown

cheers

lolli x x x

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:

There might or might not be a possibility that I could be thinking of maybe making a sort of appearance depending on various things that I'm not really sure about......

If I do then bounce bounce2 bounce !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not then I'm sure I'll see some of you soon, and meet some of you another time......

biggrin biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Lolli - Does a drum count?

FNF - Come or do not come, there is no maybe... Actually come, or come - there is no not come. umm

Yes

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
erm..... ditto I think wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
frown

Oh..theres a wall.

Will the hall play with my asthma? - its only set off by lots of dust...and my memories of most halls..are dusty.
Are there any matresses for people in the hall or is it hard floors all round?
It actually only 2 days for me really tongue

*sits on down and skins on up*

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

is tobi (mint sauce) coming with you flashpoint?

He's not contacted me... Ive got andythepoi in my rear seat plus a complete stranger who will probably stab me on the Snake Pass ubbloco

Still, if Tobi wants a lift, get him to pm me or summat...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I was thinking of bringing my airbed... Not too good with hard floors!! biggrin

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
oh cool andy is coming! im mid burning a compliation cd so someone please bring a loud portable music system smile please

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
OK - Here's a question...

If someone can come and pick me up in a car from Bus Station - shall I bring my 400W UV cannon for the hall so it's all pretty to spin in there?
It's too heavy for me to carry with all my other stuff...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I will - but I don't have a car .................

..................I could eat lots of spinach and carry you? umm

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: Durbs

OK - Here's a question...

If someone can come and pick me up in a car from Bus Station - shall I bring my 400W UV cannon for the hall so it's all pretty to spin in there?
It's too heavy for me to carry with all my other stuff...

yeessss!! bring it! im sure someone will pick u up, i'll help carry it even smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
It's big, square, difficult to hold and fairly heavy & fragile.

It's car or nothing really.

But thanks for the offer smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Hassle Tim to take it up in the car. Last time I looked he was offering lifts!

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
i can pretty much guarantee someone will give u a lift, currrm on

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Durbs...I elect you take it too.

smile

Page: ......