tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Sorry to post on this topic again, but i did try a search beforehand...
I don't know what the **** is going on here. One day I go out and do perfect hyperloops, backwards, forwards, upside down and inside out, and all is good and peaceful. smile

The next day, it all seems to go to pot, and I can't seem to do a singl straightforward hyperloop at all, even after trying for an hour. The tangle just doesn't seem to cooperate in any way, shape or form. Has anyone else noticed this irritating feature of the hyperloop?? This has been going on for ages, and its driving me wild confused

I don't normally post for this sort of thing, preferring to hammer away at the problem myself until it sorts itself out, but this is going on too long. If someone's noticed this and got around it, I would appreciate some help here.

Thanks.

Don't worry, be happy...

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
stop thinking about it.

put down your poi, go away, and make yourself a pot of tea,

come back to it later and try not to think about what your doing - sometimes the harder you concentrate the harder it is.

everyone has off day when nothing goes right - the isolations desolate, the tangles dont untangle, the throws go in random directions, the wraps arent smooth...

relax, chill, and work on it during the good days... cool

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Sound advice, a good cup of tea. The universal problem solver...

Cheers.

Don't worry, be happy...

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Further, off topic post...

Great sig - Douglas Adams is a god.

Don't worry, be happy...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i have this trouble. the more i do them though, the more i can see when + where i'm going wrong + the more i understand how they work.... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid you are a hypercondriact, you do not have the 'hyperloop blues'. I have the 'hyperloop blues' frown and can tell you any one who has ever successfully done a hyperloop ever does not have the 'hyperloop blues'.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
or think about it more - do you know, technically speaing, why your airwraps work when they do?

stiksBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
Well you did them perfect for a whole day, you obviously used up your share wink I find that state of mind largely determines whether I can do badass stuff. If I'm grumpy I can't do squat. That's where the tea comes in...

-No future in it-

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
hyperloops, schmyperloops!

I only say that coz I can't work em out either!.. if you can do them one day and not the next it might be a case of, as someone said above trying too hard.. just let it flowing, keep doing what you are doing and don't tighten up..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Just figure what hyp your trying to do and focus on it. Its not that hard but when you start mixing them up and trying to intergrate them without mastering the basic ones, they always tangle.

U could try counting rotations, that worked good for me till they started to go over 6+ rots then you need to use the force wink
EDITED_BY: Dragon7 (1093951185)

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I dont get it at all, I think you're all pretending ou can do them cos they're actually impossible nana

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol Flame boy I feel that way about half the things they describe as moves on here. Maybe one day I will understand and be able to do a few of them ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
hell- i WISH i could do hyperloops, hell i would be happy just to understand how anybody else could do them.

fire is the light that shines in all of us. Be sure your light shines brightly wherever you go.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
What is a hyperloop?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
The chains meet at the centre point and begin to tangle, then you cross the pois over your body and they untangle. It's the same principle as weaves but the point of rotation is at the mid point on the chains rather than t your hands biggrin ...I think confused

The Phyreflyjourneyman
81 posts

Posted:
<-----I am still lost on hyperloops- Anybody got a websit that shows how to do them??

fire is the light that shines in all of us. Be sure your light shines brightly wherever you go.

meghannenthusiast
302 posts

Posted:
ok i think u all r obviously too good! n e 1 that can do this emmensly tricky trik well done, and pls record ya self and post it on this site with instructions to help the rest of us!

ive learned
life is tough... but im tougher

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Airwraps and the hyperloop

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
*le sigh*

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the help, they seem to be getting there. The off days come slightly less often than they did. I just find it an annoying trick to practice because of the tangles that result - constantly stopping and starting gets irritating. Wouldn't bother, but I reckon this trick will open up whole new worlds of possibilities once it's mastered...
Thanks again.

Don't worry, be happy...

_odnewbie
22 posts

Posted:
Recently my hyperloops have gotten MUCH smoother, but for whatever reason my airwraps have gone to $#%!. dunno how that one works but i never airwrap that much anyway.
hyperloops arent the greatest trick to learn anyway, the only people that even notice it is other people that spin, people you are usually putting on a show for have no clue what just happened.
i just like the way they feel. that split second where it feels like all the weight/force on your hands have been lifted and the poi are doing all the work for you =)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
[Old link] thread's very good, although it's only page one that's gonna actually help you learn anything... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

wouacGOLD Member
Poi-tato
183 posts

Posted:
okay hyperloops make about as much sense as a dog on a pogo stick going over a tightrope backwards eating icecream with a parrot on his head

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potato's.

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
Hey! This isn't fair!
I spend all my time trying to stop the fool things from getting tangled up, and now I find out that they are meant too, but that they untangle themselves?! confused
This is not right and not fair.
Smack me senseless with a big wooden bat spank
I could cry real tears ubbcrying

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road