tigercubjourneyman
57 posts

Posted:
me and my mates are having an argument, is wolverine a superhero, what do you think

just me, my lighter and a lifes supply of paraffin

evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
He's an x-men. (x-man?) lol.

BOMBS TERRORIST AIRPORT AIRPLANE HOSTAGE ALLAH JIHAD SUICIDE BOMB HIJACK

have you tested the patriot act recently?

tigercubjourneyman
57 posts

Posted:
yeah i know but apparentl;y hes not a superhero

evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
it's a point of view, they are heros with super powers, thus superheroes.

But thats my viewpoint biggrin

tigercubjourneyman
57 posts

Posted:
su·per·he·ro ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spr-hîr)
n. pl. su·per·he·roes
A figure, especially in a comic strip or cartoon, endowed with superhuman powers and usually portrayed as fighting evil or crime.

evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
so then he is by definition.

tigercubjourneyman
57 posts

Posted:
yep ,

i think so

tigercubjourneyman
57 posts

Posted:
grrr anthrax check ur pms

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
Well if your mate is saying that Wolverine is not a super hero, then what are they saying he is?

I dont think this argument can actually be settled, for a start he is an animal, his basic instinct is to kill especially after his weapon x brainwashing. He is the perfect killer, one that shows no mercy simply because he is unable to feel such a feeling. For example, in the savage lands, he almost killed Cyclops so that he could have Jean Gray as his girlfriend. This is a selfish and evil act which left Cyclops stranded for weeks on end, left for dead. AND all of this happened whilst wolverine was an x-man!

However, since wolverines meeting with Xavier he has also done much good. He hates to see small children being ill-treated and shows the qualities of super heroism albeit in a rather savage manner. He has helped the x-men on many occasion however by simply being a member of the x-men, you are not automatically granted the title of super hero. The only thing they all have in common is they are Mutants, NOT heroes.

I dont really think you can reach a conclusion, he isnt technically a super villain, but he also isnt the purist hero either.

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Does he have a cape and wear his undies out side his trousers/pants?

if he does......he's a super hero
if he doesn't......then he is just a wanna be super hero!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
imho what he actually is is what's called a byronic hero....a flawed, mysterious character that the reader learns about, and must draw conclusions about. Little is known about his past, you learn what he's like through the actions that he takes. A byronic hero is never purely good (or evil for that matter) but is some vague combination of the two and that allows him/her to apply differently, based on who the reader is. Also, as the stories progress, the reader finds more out about the past and what made him the way he is; through the story the reader sees the figure grow and change, but from what you're never entirely sure of. In the construct of the X-men universe, he is clearly not a villian. I dunno if you'd classify him as a "superhero" because of his abilities/mutant powers, but he is typed as another hero.

Hope this helps a lil/if any juggle

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Wolverine most definately is super, and the coolest super person of all super people too...however he is not a hero; none of the X-men protect mankind in the way batman and spiderman do, they don't seek out injustice and squash it as a superhero should; all the X-men do is fight the evil mutants and try to point out to mankind that not all mutants are bad.

Ergo: Wolverine is not a superhero.

You know I'm right biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

tigercubjourneyman
57 posts

Posted:
ok ok so hes not a superhero, but id rather be him than batman or spiderman biggrin

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
ergo, x-men don't just fight evil mutants...Sentinels are robots... ergo, x-men don't fight only other mutants

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
*drools as she thinks of Hugh Jackman*

Sorry...*grabs a mop and starts to clean up*

Seeing as he is part human invention and part mutant (which means he has a special ability) I believe he is a super hero....

Fleancejourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
Ok are y'all ready for this.

As previously mentioned Wolverine is a bryonic ar anti hero. He is not noble or kind or well tempered, BUT he does fight the good fight. And not just in the defence of Mutants. There have been countless occasions where Wolverine has defended the innocent civilian from a street punk, or from a falling slab of concrete. He is super. I don't think anyone can argue with that. Also i would say heroic in his deeds. He has every classical feature of the superhero genre, Powers, arch nemesi, skimpy blue outfit and even a "secret identity" (sort of) as logan.
If he is not a superhero, then what is he.

I don't care who you vote for

Just don't vote for the guy who likes war, destruction and earning money over earning respect.

borismcnorrisprofessional pedant
137 posts

Posted:
I used to have a pack of Marvel Super Hero Top Trumps and Wolverine was one of them. So according to Marvel, he's a superhero. And they would know... biggrin

A warrior always returns to the fray. He never does so out of stubbornness, but because he has noticed a change in the weather - Paulo Coelho

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I stand by my "he's not a hero", he's a mutant that just happened to be picked up by a do-gooder ie Prof Xavier. If you look back to the film, Logan earnt his way by fighting in bars - not exactly the lifestyle of a superhero.

Of course Marvel will call him a superhero cos otherwise they would have to leave him out of their 'Top Trumps' packs, and that would upset people cos he is one of their faves.

Like tiger cub said, he would rather be wolverine than batman or spiderman, I would too.

Firenice...you pedant! The Centinals work for the bad guys. The X-men don't go looking for trouble with them, they defend themselves against them, they're not actually at war with the Centinals.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying