• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Joe Marshall

Total posts: 33
Posted:I'm not sure if this is the right bit, if it's wrong please mr moderator move it somewhere.

Anyway, I'm getting married next year on July 4th, and I'm wanting to have some people doing a short performance at the end of the night. I've been told that I'm not allowed to do it myself that day! We're basically looking for a small group of 2 or more people, who do an actual performance of some kind, rather than just a bunch of people who spin. Fire would be cool, it'll be probably about 10/10.30pm, so dark enough for fire, I'm not sure about glow, probably just about dark enough for glow. It'll be outdoors on an island in the Thames in Twickenham, cos my girlfriend grew up there. Are you or do you know someone who does this sort of thing? If you are, post up on here, or pm me, or email me news@joemarshall.org.uk . It'd be cool if you've got a video of the type of performance you do so we can see it.

Joe (unicycling person who comes to Clapham every so often).

Delete Topic

creaturesfarley
SILVER Member since Aug 2004

stranger

Total posts: 22
Posted:I'd be well up for that except that (as yet) i am a solo swinger but i suggest that you get a large enough group of solos (not too small but then not too big; probs about 5-6 peeps) then get them together and choreograph them or get them to choreograph themselves. That way you will be helping bring together solos from the community. Also the performance will be better (i think) as the performers will want to be there and will not just be there to get money or what ever which is what the atitude will be like in groups wheras solos will enjoy it more as it will be a one-off and something special and so they will put their all into it.

lol pretty long post. hope it helps ;-)

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:*reads above post*

umm

Can't work out if this makes me angry or not.

I think it does.

It's certainly very ignorant, wrong, un-helpful and insulting too all the pro/semi-pro performers on this board (myself included)

However, as this isn't the point of this thread, I won't get into why.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2419
Posted:frown sorry Creatures, but you are wrong hunny.. not all of us are in it for the money..

we are all solo acts at the end of the day too..

Joe - congratulations on your engagement and wedding plans.. I wish you and your future wife the best for your great day!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

Frodo
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

Frodo

old hand

Total posts: 1092
Posted:creaturesfarley...

i agree with the two above posts, anyway back to the relevant subject...

joe... congrats are in order!!

good luck finding the spinners!!

passing through, this world still lives.

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Joe - congratulations! I'm sure you'll be having a fantastic fire show next year, whether performed by a group or individuals smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

creaturesfarley

stranger

Posted:okay. really sorry for all u who miss understood what i was trying to say. I'm sure group performers are great but i think it would be good to get singular people involved in group stuff. Really sorry if i offended or mislead any of you. I will be more concious of any future messages that I post. good luckon the wedding. I'm sure that whoever you pick to perform will be great and your guests will be completely enchanted. Ithink its a great idea no-matter what you do. Really sorry again.

Please dont hate me lol.

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:But your post makes little sense and you have to admit is pretty insulting to any of us people who perform in groups...
I don't like disecting posts but...

"...except that (as yet) i am a solo swinger..." which implies you want to join/form a group - which is exactly what all of us who are in groups started as.

"...get a large enough group of solos then get them together and choreograph them or get them to choreograph themselves" - or, as choreographing takes a lot of time, get a group which has already spent hours choreographing their shows.

"Also the performance will be better (i think) as the performers will want to be there and will not just be there to get money or what ever which is what the atitude will be like in groups" - C'mon - could you be more insulting?! I love spinning, that's why I wanted to make it my profession. Some people on these boards are full-time spinners, so you're actually denying people a way of making a living by saying things like this
Plus -the show wouldn't be as good, as safe, as polished or as complete.

"but i think it would be good to get singular people involved in group stuff" - Then they'd be a group, just not a very good one.

Ok, I'll stop now, as I could go on (and on, and on) but you've said you're sorry.

However, I'm still unsure as to how we've mis-understood you. It wasn't like your first post was ambiguous.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

BamBam

BamBam

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1810
Posted:Mr Durbs....... hug

Congratulations Joe smile (cheers FNF smile)

Smiles to all

Lisa

x

EDITED_BY: BamBam (1094130981)

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy

fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3638
Posted:I thought his name was Joe? confused

congrats - I can't help cos I'm scared of the Thames biggrin biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Delete

pengwino
BRONZE Member since Oct 2003

pengwino

suitable for vegetarians

Total posts: 300
Posted:Congratulations Joe hug

I will go back to my hole and dream about the day that I can post a message like yours...
*sigh* ubblol

(Do I have any takers for pengwino's non-existant wedding that may one day actually happen? I've started planning everything else so may as well go onto the entertainment biggrin)

Anyway.. best of luck finding people to spin, and with all the other arrangements. I will probably be in Leeds so can't help you, sorry.

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

Delete

creaturesfarley

stranger

Posted:Apology
Really sorry to all offended.
Didnt mean it at all.
Good luck with the wedding. thats realy great news.
sorry again.
lol I'll shut up now.

Delete

robnunchucks
BRONZE Member since Jul 2004

robnunchucks

enthusiast

Total posts: 363
Posted:i know a guy in bristol who knows his stuff hes very good at what he does not sure if its exacly what you want but its worth haveing a look into www.flamingfun.com

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Delete

Posted:Hi Johnny Dragon here from Flaming Fun. We have a list of weddings we have done, not to mention hundreds of other gigs along the same lines. If your interested in having the show done right, please have a look at our website: www.flamingfun.com Here you will find a list of ideas and pictures from fire shows to stilt walkabouts, to help you plan for your happy day! Look forward to hearing from you. biggrin

Delete