Forums > Social Chat > To all you drug takers....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
'Allo!

i have a question cos i'm bloody concerned and worried about this weekend...

right, to all you pill-heads, this might be a bit scary to you, but have ur eyeballs ever gone grey and see-through????

cos this is what happened to me on saturday nite and i'm so feckin scared!!!!!

okay, happy with my one ickle pill, buzzin along and went to bed (work next day)couldnt sleep and my eyes were sore so went to have look in mirror. When i tried to look inwards (when you look towards ur nose) my hugely large pupils moved and this silvery grey half of them took over.

THEN i looked properly and could see the stalk of my pupil, then the blood vessels in my eye and the little red bits that attach ur eye. And the colored bit (the iris i think) turned completly clear, I could see through my bloody eye!!

I really need to know if you have heard of this, know what it is or if it was a hallucination (however, i think i remember it happeneing once before so i'm not sure)i'm terrified my retina was detaching or something like that!!!

i intend to take a lot of drugs at glastas but if i'm going to bugger up my eyes then fuck no drugs for me...

cant exactly go see my optician either "hi, i was completly fucked off my baps and my eyes went see through man...."

hmmm

anyways, help please, medical emergency

vic xx

::::glastas countdown ::::
eight spliffs to go....

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Oh I've most definetly heard of eyes changing colour whilst on XTC...I've never checked out my own...but since they change colour all the time on their own it wouldn't surprise me if they did while I was on drugs...

but otherwise I have to say I've never heard of them going clear...gold-yes, grey-yes, lighter/darker shades-yes...but clear that's just downright cool!...and I can understand your paranoia too....but I don't think your retina was detaching (but I'm also not an expert)....maybe check out www.bluelight.nu in the XTC discussion thread. Hope that helps.

Om Namah Sivaya

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
OMg i thought I was really naughty but english gear always kicks ass when we get our hands on it!! Twirly, do you mind if i you can PM me with the name!??!
very interested.
did you mix wif other things?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
TwirlyVic,

I've never heard of it happening, but if you still have your vision and everything seems back to normal, you probably haven't caused any long-term damage. If you were having a detached retina, you would have started to go blind.

My advice would be to not take that pill again, and try to find a testing kit to check your pills.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Dj Tactmember
53 posts

Posted:
That sounds f*cked up to me, i have never heard and or seen anything like that, and if i did i would freak out as well.

Advice?: Dont look in a mirror when your rolling

Im flying away, running like the wind as i chase the sun up and spinning around, circles in my mind sailing over ground feeling the flow that Dj Tact brings down.My image is reflecting in the enemys eyes, flesh of my flesh mind of my mind. To over come want more to survive, my image is reflecting in the enemys eyes, and the enemy is reflect in the same time. I cant stop, flesh of my flesh mind of my mind, right here is where the angle start at, conflict contact, and combat, fighters say where there land is marked at, settle the dispute about whose the loudest, strongest, endless, only one of us will ride forever, so you and I cant ride togther, cant live... cant die together, all we can do is collide together, so i skillfully apply the pressure, wont stop till im forever. My doorstep where death never comes, walk tall why ever run?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Sounds like there's ket in your pills love. Don't touch those ones again. Makes you trip and get superparanoid if you're not expecting it.

Ket's a filthy drug at the best of times. I don't know why they have to cut pills with it. It annoys me. Cut an upper with a downer. Good plan. Could be worse though. Could've been cut with scag. Now there's a fun combination.

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
I reckon you'd needs a vicious amt of Special K to get weirder fx - I'd imagine that our mate Twirly would have been too mangled to notice that she had eyes at all in that case... :?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You want some really nasty ket cut pills Bender? It's a shame Spiral isn't here he could back me up on this one.

What we actually need is for S$ or Walking Corpse to come along. They're the real experts in these matters.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You're forgetting that we're talking of a MDA - ket cocktail. Not just ket on it's own. Plus it's an english pill so it's prolly got speed in it too.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
They're really scary things when you think about it.

And yet it's still my drug of choice.

Odd aint it?

Meh

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Not my area, and there is just way too much crap in pills.

But, eyes become sensitive, especially when exposed to daylight.

You eves may have been weaken in the past, and this could be showing up now.

As suggested above, check out pill reports and health Q&A at bluelight.

MAPS is another place with good info.

If all else fails, see a doctor.

Scag in pills, yeah right

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should come play in Sheffield sometime Stone. I've seen all sorts of sh!t in pills. Including scag.

Generally if it's a speckled anything it's been cut with ket or brown. It's these selfish chemists trying to make a profit at the expense of safety. Knock out thousands of sub quality pills instead of hundreds of decent ones.

Scary but true.

Pink or yellow have usually got speed in them.

Although the colour isn't really a guage.
But generally if it crumbles real easyo r looks a bit odd be wary of it.

Not trying to scare you. Just giving you advice. I've been taking these things for a long time now (had my first one in 92). That doesn't mean I think I'm an expect. I just have come to notice things. Sometimes I pay attention to things y'know....

Meh

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
PLEASE RE-READ THIS POST!!! I HAVE CORRECTED A VERY CRUCIAL MISTAKE IN MY INFORMATION!

I have come across hundreds of pills, C@NTUS, and I have never even heard of pills with Smack in them. Not economically viable. Check out DanceSafe and look at all of those pretty pills. Not a one. However, K is a relatively cheap alternative to people who want to rip others off. It can be pressed easily and convincingly, and it gives the taker a similar come-on effect so they don't come back to kick the dealer's ass. I personally like K a lot, and have done massive amounts with absolutely no side-affects. However, when you get a pill that is all K (They don't usually cut them, they just make them out of K), it is too intense for some and it only lasts about an hour and a half, so it is kind of a rip-off.

Most pills that are fake are either K, DXM, or caffeine. If they have anything else in them, they are usually bastard cousins of MDMA that were screwed up because the chemist didn't know what they were doing. These chemicals don't have nearly the potency, and often have different effects altogether. And sometimes there are rare floating pills that result from manufacturers experimenting with things they think they can get away with. These don't pop up often enough to bother with, though.

MDMA is basically a chemical combination that contains a linked methamphetamine. The new chemical compund (Which isn't made by just mixing the two, BTW) has some of the characteristics of of it's components, and some entirely new ones all of it's own. In the case of "speedy" pills, you are usually eating something that has a high, if not total, concentration of ephedrine or caffeine. And sometimes the pills are potent enough to have some of the methamphetamine effect. Sometimes you get DXM or it is K and it knocks you on your butt...hence "smacky" pills. If you hallucinate, it is a result of taking high doses of DXM that can cause rather disturbing hallucinations when you take into account that it has dissociative properties as well.

...like your eyeballs going clear. I would be willing to bet that this was the case. I also can about guarantee that if you would have looked more closely at your face, your pores would have appeared to be flowing like water around your face. I have had these kinds of things happen plenty of times. Ever been in a club after you've eaten about 3 or 4 and gotten really confused and/or disoriented? Seen people whose eyes glow red like fire? Or have you ever seen someone across the room or passing by that looks like they have been horribly burned? Yep, that's DXM. Really powerful hallucinogen if you take enough. And it, unlike LSD, has the ability to make your brain believe in things that aren't really occuring.

Go read some of the vaults at Erowid. That might give you some insight as well. My 2 cents? Don't worry about it...you were just tripping. I don't think it is medically possible for the tissue in your eyes to become transparent. And, unless you liked it, try to stay away from those pills. You won't be able to guarantee that it won't happen in the future with another kind, though, but don't let it scare you off completely. I personally like it sometimes for the novelty, but I can certainly understand how a lot of people don't. Take this information and use it to your advantage next time. It can be dangerous if you don't listen to what your body has to say. DXM can make you dehydrate very quickly, so drink lots of water and slow down. It also constricts your blood vessels. This will make you "flush," and will keep your body from cooling itself properly. Once again, try to cool off and drink water. It's not the end of the world by any means, but you might want to reconsider taking that 5th pill.

[ 25 June 2002, 20:48: Message edited by: glowshow ]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey Glowshow,

The LSD thing, thats not entirely true. I have been tRiPpInG myself and have had some pretty scarey hallucinations. And I really did think they were real. I believed that it was happening, was scarey as shit, I tell you now.

I enjoy hallcinagenic drugs, I find them fun. But something I do know, is they aren't alway peachy happy dory kinda things, sometimes they are scarey as shit.... but that's all part of the TrIp right?

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

6,978 posts

Posted:
props to the hallucination battle stories! at this year's rainbow serpent festival, I was chased by a kilometres wide hand trying to grasp me. laughing hysterically. for some odd reason it made me firetwirl like a gibbon on speed hours later!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
You guys. Next you will be telling me they put nutmeg in pills.

K is a dissociative, used as an animal tranquilliser; meant to be good to bring it all on again. They used to cut pot with it back in the 70’s, called it zombie grass.

quote:
MDMA is basically a chemical combination of Methamphetamines and Mescaline (as found in Peyote and Morning Glories)

Wow, did that come from. They don’t make mdma from meth, although a lot of pills are cut with it; yabba, yabba, do. It’s a completely stand alone process. Btw, mdma is classed as a hallucinagenetic (sp) amphetamine.

Dunno, about them red eyes in melb. Certainly heard of people doing mescaline, but hey that would be a big pill if you wanted to get enough for an effect. Mescaline comes from cactus, not morning glory, which from memory has a lsa type compound.

Cantus, take out the guesswork, get a tester. Oops, there is so much crap around you need two testers. Those flaky bits are just unreacted bits.

Hope this helps

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
mescaline eh? "goddam mescaline - can't they make this sh1t any less pure?" Dr Gonzo, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

Friend of mine had mescaline for first time on the weekend. Bought himself a cactus, ground it up and did all the crap necessary to properly prepare the mixture (took him all day) and drank it slowly during a couple of hours on saturday night. He loved it! Said it was much better than acid, but very intense and so special that its not something to be done so often that the experience becomes stale.

We were at a bush party and he said he experienced amazing fractal hallucinations, as well as watching the trees dance. he said he also saw the spirits inside the trees, and they were dancing to the beats too.

he was giggling like a schoolgirl at 7.30am in the morning, after a few of us got worried cos we hadn't seen him since 2am. We got ourselves into a mild panic, knowing the drugs he had taken and the fact that it got down to zero degrees during the night. After searching a bunch of cars and camps, we finally found him curled up with his girl next to a fire laughing his butt off at our being so concered. bastard!! plenty of other things I'd rather be doing just after sunrise at a doof!!...

back to the dancefloor - thanks Simon!

lol....

BTW - ket and E = friken fantastic!!!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Maybe this will clear up some of the mis-information going around about some of these popular "party favors." I take absolutley no responsibility for people who chose to take these drugs, and HoP bears no responsibility for the information I have collected here. Common sense.

For E:

No Heroin in pills.
None of those bullshit "permanent" side affects you heard about.
What actually happens in your brain.
How long it stays it stays in your system.

And for K:
K doesn't have anything but possible minor side effects. K is the single most powerful hallucinogenic I have ever experienced.

And for DXM:
DXM has the potential to be dangerous. If you think you have taken it, then please be safe! Drink lots of water and don't take any more.

Now, I will have to repeal an earlier comment based on the fact that I can't find the info again, and I am going to edit it out as well, in the interests of not starting false rumors. I will simply say that I stand partially corrected...and that is a good thing. And I will give some rather pertinent and now relevant advice: don't ever trust the rantings of someone who claims to know it all!!! Do your research, Kids! I stand before you a humbled man. Thanks for pointing that out to me, Stone! I know that MDMA is not made from meth, but the chemical compund is 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine. For some reason or the other, I thought that methylene was part of the chemical composition of mescaline. Guess I was wrong, but it did spark me to do my research again. (Damn drugs keep clouding my memory )

And also about the LSA thing. Knew that too. I guess I was just on a roll. FYI for those not in the know...LSA=chemical compoud found naturally that is a very close cousin to LSD. Close enough to make me harvest large amounts of "Heavenly Blue" seeds each summer.

Please don't follow from my example. Seriously. Be safe and mindful of what you choose to do in your free time because it can drastically affect the rest of your life if you aren't.

[ 25 June 2002, 20:40: Message edited by: glowshow ]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
bamba zonke

wherever you go, there you are.

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
hee hee, thanks darlins, i was really concerned but now am feeling much better about it so its a happy glastas planned!!

thanks for everyones advice, i'm not sure what happened with the pill, everyone else who took it was fine and we're sure it wasnt cut with anyone. Plus i didnt have a downer much at all....

weirdy beardy

bender, i dont know the name of it, just an ickle white one with a Y shape on it. but it did feel luvverly and yes, i'm never going to look in a mirror again when i'm smashed lol!!!

plus, thanks for all positive replies, i was worried some people might get all bitchy on me for posting a drugs post, but you guys are cool!

hippy hugs

vic xx

:::glastonbury countdown:::
six spliffs to go

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Well thankyou for the chemistry lesson eveyone, very interesting. So now i know when i am taking somthing, i know what i am actually taking, and how its going to affect me.

I agree that K in pills isn't good. I went to a travellers rave in Kent once, and i took some of these, didn't know at the time that they had K in, untill i was having a bad one. I know some people that like it, but not my cup of tea. Just stick with MDMA, much better.

See you at Glasto. xx

The bigger the pants the better!

Deep Throatmember
3 posts

Posted:
Whoa, my eyes just went clear, shit dude I can see into my brain. All very trippy but can anyone confirm it?

And so ends another exciting chapter.

talabanymember
14 posts

Posted:
an eye for an eye will make the earth blind - Ghandi peace [/LIST]

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
well..uuhhhh dude....there you have it...lol i totally agree wif glowshow on this one, ive been eatin treats for about 6 yrs and have never come across anything otherthan

mdma
mdea
dxm
caffeine...fu**ers
K
mescaline
and i once got an asprin, then i turned around and beat the shit outathe dude cus he was only 5 ft away from me when i realized...heheh

but that is about it..anything else would be un-civilized!! and yep yepyep dancesafe is a good website, but so is pillreports.com they got alot of pills from all over that are user tested and submitted..great archives!!

well any ways theres my 10 cents cuz my two cents is free..and no i did not steal that from eminem...he stole it from me!!

but honestly folks if ur gonna eat a pill..dwink lotsa lotsa wata and dace yo muttafukkinassoff!!

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah yeah, I'd been drinking the other night and can not be held responsible for anything I wrote.

Just wish Glowshow hadn't been so nasty in his responce. If he'd said something like
"Sorry dudue, but i think you're wrong."

It would've been ok. But he said
"You are wrong! You are obviously a pathological liar! I am the rightest man in the universe and here are some facts to prove it. Now where did i spit my pacifier?"

Just a thought. Sleep well.

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
"Shut the fuck up. Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you."
-Bill Hicks on Alcoholism vs Drugtaking

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah yeah, I'd been drinking the other night and can not be held responsible for anything I wrote.

Just wish Glowshow hadn't been so nasty in his responce. If he'd said something like
"Sorry dude, but i think you're wrong. If you click here or here there are a few links that you may find helpful. "

It would've been ok. But he said
"You are wrong! You are obviously a pathological liar! I am the rightest man in the universe and here are some facts to prove it. Now where did i spit my pacifier?"

Just a thought. Sleep well.

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
Glowshow, excepting for the MDMA components that you've already retreacted, you've put forward a lot of important points about the nasty side of happipills - and from all my experiences I must say that what you say rings true! Of course other takers will disagree with you - that's cus they haven't experienced what you've experienced! like once my pupils were square + star shaped from a combination of speed/acid/e - noted by straight people too!
Cantus is right about the crumbling pill thing too - and yes cantus I did mean that the pill could be cut too - you did misconstrue my statement, but it's aight yer right about not all pill appearances are faithful. You should see these blue Versaces that flooded Slinky@Melb last month - sooo intricate it was a bust of a person. yeah, speckled dun always mean speckled contents!
Katinca - we all *have* to trip one day! I'm a laugher when I'm back in my own reality. surprise hey? I must say that special K and LSD and other hallucinogens give yas diff visuals and hallucinations in other ways. Sometimes just pot reactivates something i saw on LSD the week before. Once I saw HTML on a blank white wall. it was indented, bracketed, and coloured in hi-lighter pinks and yellow.
Flash fire, I am soo soo jealous of that hallucinogenic bushdoof story. i would be soo happy to see dancing trees and tree spirits I'd probs cry! fukenamazing.
Are you guys going to any Byron bushdoofs in summer? I've never bushdoofed in Byron!!
Jeebus, I really think i have to separate my pilltalk to my pilltalk forums and my firetalk to HoP.... :/

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Great to hear you made a full recovery TwirlyVic. I would imagine that threads like this are tolerated because of the safety issues involved.

And, I would just like to say that I'm really impressed by the way people have been able to able to discuss this stuff, without the bullshit, and learn from it.

Though, I got confused somewhere along the way and think I missed the main point. Which I suspect was something like "Hey, there's some new shit out there, dunno what is, but it could be causing eye problems, watch out for it". Also, watch out for contradictions. Things like K and *cough* DXM don't go well with alcohol.

One way to avoid bullshit is to buy a tester. A standard marquis type tester cost about 20 bucks (oz), even if it's retrospective, you can check for MD**s, DXM, opiates, 2CB and speed. Like for speed you get an orange (not pink) reaction. Dunno what the other tester checks for, maybe K or mescaline?

As MDA has been mentioned, I'll just add that it takes a long time to kick in and yeah, it it's trippy. Also, most hallucinogens are scary at high doses, so check out the Psychedelic Experience FAQ at shroomery . Also, heroin ain't that orally. Enough for now.

CU

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Hey TwirlyVic - If u come across any more - give us a fu*king shout wouldya?............

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmmmm

*Dibs pats herself on the back*

Clean for 6 months!!! me know nothing anymore - no, no more - all away - nasty things - Ket's evil - yuk yuk - nasty drugs - urgh urgh - just fresh air for my body!!.........purity..............

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Page: