Page:
evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
i'm looking at the video, and people keep telling me to learn it, but i don't see what it actually is, i don't understand what your supposed to do. (i'm probably actually doing it and don't know it, but i need help x.x)

BOMBS TERRORIST AIRPORT AIRPLANE HOSTAGE ALLAH JIHAD SUICIDE BOMB HIJACK

have you tested the patriot act recently?

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin

it must be green

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
hey i understand that bit too, reminds be of this absolutely brill book that Avon(yes the makeup company) published in the eighties, its got a section called "how to talk like a breakdancer" which is absolutely hilarious, anyways, off topic....

i think i know what you mean joulz, is there any chance that Sage does it in the COL2 video? you might not of seen it, but from what your saying it sounds a little like something she does

oh well, thank you
peace/fire

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh its a good move isnt it lyra, at least for some of us that can't (yet!!) do the better lookign moves it just spices it up n makes it a bit different, and all it means is you have to be better at bending rather than better at poi smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
well lyra i wouldnt know if its there i'm not the person to ask maybe u should post something on it lol
and pyro? lol i have no idea waht your talking about

it must be green

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
how do you do it backwards?

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

poiromaniacBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
we dont mind thread the needle. currently be called in our group as "punch the butterfly!" it may not fit into any routine, but it does look pretty cool when done abouve the head like a helicopter. weavesmiley

* people who dont like cats were probably mice in an earlier life *

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
I couldn't do ttn for ages, but now I can.

So there is hope!

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Megafish: Turn it upside down.

:logical:

Every move forwards is possible backwards.

also...

Behind the back

and

backwards behind the back

smile

Its all about seeing the patterns.

zarkiaBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
Written by: poiromaniac

it does look pretty cool when done abouve the head like a helicopter. weavesmiley

yea, i totally agree with this - when doing it normally you can't really tell the difference between it and the usual butterfly, but above the head looks really good.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
If you're doing TTN in such a way that it looks the same as a butterfly then you need to play around with it more! It's just as versatile as the weave - learn it backwards, turning with it, over the shoulder, straight-arm versions, butterfly weave etc etc.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
grrr
been trying it without the poi
trying it with the thought of sleeves (is it up or down), it's not working

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I cant believe this topic....

Its a really good topic, and lots of peaple have replied and No-One has actually gotten to what thread the needle is yet... ubblol

a once great friend of mine said 'its like aiming for a hole that dosnt exist till you get there'

threading the needle is the action of taking two intersecting circles and changeing which one is furthest from the body, efectively moving two counter rotating planes across each other.

Everyone lost yet?

the hand 'on top' in forwards bf is the forward hand, the bottom hand comes back and pushes through above the front hand.

this can only happen at two points in the swing, when the poi are pointing in opposite directions during normal time buterfly this is at the sides of the circle (the poi meet top and bottom) and to thread the needle you change wich hand is 'on top' at this point.

the extra beat consites of crossing the planes not when the poi are facing apart but when they are pointing across each other.

TTN is a vital movement, without it you are constricted to always leading buterfly transitions with the same hand, I couldent imagine spinning butterfly without it now, it alwos you to cut and change leading hands in transitions, its not an uber-move, its a sub-move, a basic block wich rears its ugly head in same direction as well as butterfly.

and this is only the 'relativistic' model.

When you get into atom theory the ttn changes its action and significance once more. But i recon Im losing peaple enough how it is, and im not totally sure how that works yet.

as for all you guys lying on the ground and doing TTN..... that move shoulda been banned with the eighties!

I wish PK was here to spank you all!

dont forget spiltime, you will regret it otherwise!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I also learned with the 'wipe something off your arm/pull your sleeve down' tip. I do it a lot, it feels great if you put into three dimensions...exaggerate the move so you come right up to your elbow and right out in front of the other arm. I do it repeatedly, sometimes doubles moving along each side, moving hands up the centreline till I'm doing it above my head then separate the arms to do a bunch of of front'back circles coming down either side, whilst turning if I'm in the flow..... Takes up lots of space. Great with long ribbons

*faints with shock at posting in the poi moves thread*

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
It's just doing a butterfly but swapping which hand is on top each beat. Innit.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: [Nx?

]dont forget spiltime, you will regret it otherwise!

This is one of the most useful bits of advice in this thread!

If you do TTN and split time TTN there's hundreds of variations. I'd say its one of the most important building blocks in poi spinning.

I've been trying to work out split time butterfly airwraps / loops (so left-right instead of up-down). I'm determined that they will work!

Spiralx - Thats exactly how I learned.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
seye

sptime bf airwraps go in and out, instead of up and down.

-><- Kallisti

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:

]
seye

I'm now mightily confused!
Surely its just a normal bf airwrap rotated 90 degrees? confused

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
thanks the whole sleeve thing worked, i just did it slowly, not pretty but i got it
now on to all the in front of me variations
thanks again

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: Seye

]
seye

I'm now mightily confused!
Surely its just a normal bf airwrap rotated 90 degrees? confused

Yeah, but they bounce left<->right rather than up<->down.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
once you realise that, they get much easier.

-><- Kallisti

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Still a right pain in the bum though wink

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
if you're experiencing pain in the bum while doing this move, you're doing it WRONG.....

and once you know thread the needle, regular old butterfly will seem too boring, dont you know... you wont be able to help threading it...

mmmm split time....

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Written by: shen shui

if you're experiencing pain in the bum while doing this move, you're doing it WRONG.....

LMAO...

nice one, bruva! ubblol

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
redface

biggrin

someone had to say it... wink

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Written by: shen shui

and once you know thread the needle, regular old butterfly will seem too boring, dont you know... you wont be able to help threading it...

mmmm split time....

the pain in the bum comment was about split time butterfly airwraps - not ttn rolleyes
wink

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I dont think that matters.. I think what matters is the fact that if you are hitting yourself in the bum (or pulling a bum muscle orwhatever happens to make your bum hurt) then you are doing it wrong.. whether its linked or not.. hehe.. hehe

/end offtopic bum relatedness

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

TheGreatSaintGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
I was doing a reverse thread the needle with my poi lit, I had already been spinning with other moves for about 4 or 5 minutes (fuel running low). During my second "weave" in the reverse thread the needle (I didn't have the downward swing "down", for some reason the upward swing seemed easier) the poi connected at the apex (top) of the swing, my wicks went out, and as the poi swung down, my head kind of followed to watch it, inadvertently taking a bow to my audience. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to replicate this, but I’m working on contacting the heads at just the right moment. Fuel on the wick has to be just right for it to work.

Has anyone started a thread on putting his or her wicks out during a spin? I have some spinning friends who have found other cool ways to put out. None like mine wink

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
lucky man, normally they meet at the bottom, then swing into the groinal area... :ouch:

T wave

-><- Kallisti

TheGreatSaintGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
Tried it again last night, the pictures turned out GREAT... but the wicks didn't go out, oh well, you win some you lose some.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=all&page=1
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=all&page=1

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Does anyone have a link to 4 and 5 bt ttn videos I think I have 4 beat but anything more than that and I get slightly messed up.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

Page: