Forums > Social Chat > Dibs and Cantus are off on an adventure...

Login/Join to Participate

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
....but we are not quite sure where yet? We want to go somewhere in Britain, unless we can get elsewhere for very VERY cheap. We want somewhere with maybe:

Caves
Castles
Beaches
Water
Nice people

or generally any good ideas for an adventure....
any suggestions???

NOT sheffield

Fanks,
Dibs (and Cantus) xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
*Pulls up in a familer looking semi*

Caves= Carlsbad Caverns in Carlsbad New Mexico (USA of course) Beautiful caves and the bat show at sundown, ohh and the New Mexican sunrises and sunsets... not only romantic but beautifull as well. As far as cheep goes... getting there would be the expencive part but after that it is pretty darn cheep and Roswell New Mexico is just around the corner if you wanna check out the aliens!!

If memory serves there is a really cool water park in Scotland my faily went there instead of our planed vacation becuase the van broke down!! Anyhow there are some ideas for ya.

[ 25 June 2002, 04:59: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
well, for another USA idea, come to lake tahoe. lots of cool people, caves, beaches, one of the clearest lakes in the US, some decent outdoor parties, and the sunrises/sunsets are amazing.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*turning ever so slightly green......*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'm not going to america. I was think of a budget of around £30. If Dibs wants me to pay more than that then she's on her own.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I thought maybe North Wales cos that's handy for both of us. And we can send Kyrian a postcard and make her jealous.

Meh

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
hiyas,

you could come to newcastle, we have caves (really feckin scary ones with bats too!),

castles (alnwick, bamburgh and the remains of newcastle which even has a skeleton in its dungeon)

beaches, well whitley bay, cullercoats, tynemouth all with really cool ickle markets, funfairs and crazy people!

and as for nice people, what does everyone say about geordies (apart from byker grove and the like)????

that we're damn canny like!!

anyways, just an idea but for less than £30 on the coach from sheffield, whats the prob??

(plus you could come spin with us and if you time it just right come to some fo the festivals)

vic xx

(on behalf of the newcastle "aye canny" touring company)

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Aside from neither of us living in Sheffield you mean?

Meh

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oh and i woudl be jealous....

come visit me??

i don't think you can do that for 30 punds tho...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

2,905 posts

Posted:
30 pounds is like 60 bucks I could go to vegas on $60! I couldnt do anything once I got there let alone leave but still you can do alot on 60 bucks

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
$45 actually

Meh

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
unless you played a dollar slot and won 500 dollars... then you could get home... and if you didn't win, there's lots of truckers and others who'd probably help you get home... but i don't think you could get to vegas from Europe on 60 bucks.... Newcastle sounded cool... Sheffield seems close to where you are from my perspective... Good luck.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Go to Chillingham Castle It is really haunted and some stupid gits opened a portal to the spirit world in it, and they were to chicken shit to close it. So there is a portal to the spirit world and a bunch of vengeful s[irits. So lets play get away from pissed of spirits alive. Yay

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
hehehe, sorry guys i keep on thinking ur in sheffield, i'm sure someone used to be!!!

oh and a furthur thing to push newkie, it was warmer than sydney yesterday!!!!

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
ahh tis all making sense now.

why dont you guys go to cornwall. spend some time surfing in newquay and visit landsend and then make your way east (i think ) to tintagual (or however its spelt) which is where camalot is thought to have been, and you can go visit "merlins caves" which are caves under the cliffs where the ruins of tintagual stands.
its an amazing place and its not expensive to go or trek round. tintaguals amazing you looki down and all you can see if clear water and the dark entrances of caves in the facing cliffs.

just an idea *skulks off*
mwah x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

478 posts

Posted:
oooooooook! that was far too sales rep *doh*. sorry , but it is lovely there

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
Yeah Cornwall or Wales (maybe Devon but you might as well go to cornwall if you make it that far).

Don't know how you'd manage it on £30 though.

But.

Is that £30 each or between you, do either of you drive/have a car? otherwise your in trouble.

unless you plan to cycle/hitch.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

2,905 posts

Posted:
I think I can get to Vegas on $45, I might have to use my extra 5 gallons in my trunk (boot) but any how I could get there.

*Thinks about the Jay and Silent Bob movie* I doubt I will be hitchin rides with truckers, I have no desire to live by the unwritten book of the road!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I was going to say Cornwall/Devon as well. South is good, but takes a long time to get there.

Lake District is lovely. Got water, beaches, nice people, beautiful scenery, great for walks. And it's in the middle of both of you so not so far to go.

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
well i've got no suggestions i'm afraid.
but i hope you both have a nice holiday anyway

wherever you go, there you are.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
YAY! south! then you can come and play here .......

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I think a few of you failed to read the "IN BRITAIN" part of the thread. As if we can go to the states..... tut tut

Erm, some good suggestions though. Cantus? Any you like Bro?

Were going to end up in Sheffield aren't we????

hehehe.

North Wales would be cool, I used to live there. I know places we could go actually..... *runs to get a map*

Lets see...............

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I go to Sheffield all the time. Heck, I lived there for 3 years. that wouldn't be an adventure. So no, we're not going there.

Wales is good. Lakes maybe. Devon is nice. Dorset is nicer.

It's bit pricey going south unless we book tickets in advance - then it's cheaper than Sheffield....

Meh

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Check online about ways of getting there and costs and stuff, whislt I am out drinking lots of beer and then when I get back from Manchester on Friday we shall discuss our adventure. If we go south, we always have the benefits of seeing your beautiful lady (and my dear friend)???
I don't mind, you decide. Aslong as you don't go all couply and leave little Dibs out. But then again, I always have the radioactive, orange fish to sit and chat too eh? Hmmmm........
Have a look whilst I'm gone.

Toodle pip,
Dibs xxx

478 posts

Posted:
if you guys decide your going to north wales. i can ask the climbing group my family belong to to see fi the cottage in snowdania park is being used at the time you go, if not maybe theyll let you stay there. rents just £1 a night
let me know

x x xxxx

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Wales sounds good. Thanx Lol.

I'm not sure what Dibs thinks. We seem to just be discussing it on this board. I'm scared of phoning people and she's allergic to phoning me. So it's all a bit tricky....

Meh

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
*Dibs goes to pick up the ohone and dials the first 3 digits of Cantus' phone number*

ACHOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Damn this allergicness!! LOL

I'm not allergic to ringing you. Last time I called you you sounded terrified! And were all shy man. But I will call you, if you want me too. Things looking pretty glum in Dibs' bank account at the moment though..... need to go back to Edinburgh and work!!!! need money!!!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hows it going dibs and cant,

for 30 quid you'll nearly get over to Ireland, you could probably even fly over,
Anyway Ireland : Shit lod of caves, trippy hippies and alcohol, It's good fun. Mind you the only spinner types I know can only be found passed out in fields from too much daisy chasing. But hey go with what you know. Anyway if you make it, go to galway,(west coast) Drops us a mail if you need names +.
Gluck T.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.