Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival - August 19th -> 21st *TICKETS ONSALE NOW*

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello people!! wavehello

=================================

Post Festival Update

Dunc would really, really like all your feedback on the Play Festival on the PLAY web site. So post on the forum there or use the Contact Us form to give as much feedback as you can.

Dom

info update

Cost - £15

Dates - 19th - 21st August 2005

Location - Shrewsbury Agricultural Showground, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK.

UPDATE 23rd July 2005

Tickets now on sale, go to the website or book via telephone on 07814 018 091

Update - 5th Jan 2005

The site is now up and running at https://www.playfestival.co.uk
there is a forum included so everyone can contribute to the ideas, concepts and development of the festival as a whole. It wouldn't survive without "everyones" involvement so feel free to log on, register and let us know what you'd like from us while you're there.

And to think non of this would have started if I hadn't gotten into HoP and realised how wonderful this scene is, thank you HoP even if you did remove the link from my sig without telling me why, or even telling me rolleyes hug

Update 31st January 2005

Tickets can now be Pre-booked, up to five adult and five free childrens (u14's) can be booked, once they are released for sale you will be given a set time period to buy them before they will be offered to the public. We're still unsure what the time period will be but it will be a reasonable amount of time, such as 6 weeks, from them being released before they will be put back into the ticket pool. Everyone will be advised by email and in various public announcements of the release date well before they're out.

=====================================================

I have been thinking for a while about organising an Object Manipulation (couldn't think how else to describe it!!) Convention sometime next year, and thought this would be the best place to get the ball rolling! (pun pun)

My idea is this......a mini festival for spinners/jugglers etc that's small and laid back enough to enjoy but big and organised enough to get the most out of. Maybe a band/dj or two in a tent, a fire show each night, weekend camping and most importantly lots of workshops, idea exchanges and fun for all the family. Easy going and fun are the objectives.

It wouldn't be poi based, it would be for all object manipulators from hat juggling to ribbon dancing and everything in between and to the sides so no pigeon holing or amimosity between arts will occur.

So what I'd like to know is if I organised, laid out capital etc for a proper weekend festival (Fri -> Sun) would I get enough interest and of course people attending? I obviously can't afford it by myself but if I put up the cash the more people I expect to come the cheaper I could cost it out per person.

I'd like to hope it'd cost no more that £25 each, but obviously the more people we expect to come the cheaper we can make it, I'd much rather it was a tenner than £25! (please note attendance would be a capped limit for safety and comforts sake)

All I'd be looking for is to break even or turn a small profit so it can be piled back into the next one making it even better and also cheaper.

As they say on poipoipoi's website......"it's not capitalism.......it's spherculism"

It would be in a decent sized feild with a remote location so there would be no townie trouble but close enough for easy access from major routes.

I figure if it's in the midlands area it's probably the easiest for everyone geographically although of course it depends what venues we can find and what the consensus is.

If this is the sort of thing folks would like then yell, but please be a serious yell as I'm realistically trying to sort numbers so I can get accurate costing done. There's also a poll I've set up HERE so vote in it if you can please.

If you think it's a little OTT compared to what is generally available such as Spitz and various annual juggling conventions please say so, all opinions have the same importance smile but don't forget to vote

Thanks folks! I hope you like the idea and can help me to make it a success for all those who come *fingers crossed*

If you have any info you think I might be interested in, ie quality venues (any free party goers out there that know good locations?) any ideas for during the convention or feel there's something individual you could offer I'd really appreciate hearing about it either in this thread or by PM. It's the only way I can make sure I'm giving people what they want!

Looking forward to your comments biggrin

Thanks for reading this rather long post hug

weavesmiley juggle :staff: :ribbondance: :contactjuggle: :knifethrowing: :likwiddancing: :stiltwalking: :diablo: :bboys: :clubswinging: :wifeswapping: :etc:

Let's relight this forum ubblove

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
better bring em with you then

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Aaargh.
I'm awake way to early. Kieron woke me up. Not impressed. Hes on a train already. I'm worried about him.

Don't know what time I'm meeting pigeon, who who the lift is wiht.
Uuurghghg

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
been awak 3 hours see you there hun hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug and the rest of you of cause

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hug smile

actually poo-ing myself smile

I think after I've had a shower I will feel better and less stressed..
EDITED_BY: *Aimée* (1124438760)

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
awwww i am UBER excited and jumping all opver the place... now anyway.
i get to finaly meet you

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: Puresock

Can anyone up near the site tell us what the weather's like? See, down in Southampton, it's wellies weather...

60 miles away it's pretty grey today, but the ground is drying up from last night when we had thunder storms

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
frown failed to get my taxi back or a bigger car. biggrin but have found the "tardis" switch on my gf's metro and all seems to be fitting in nicely. just got to see out a half day at work and pray the traffics not too bad. hopefully be there before 9pm but will probably blow another car up!! ubblol
let the fun commence weavesmiley juggle beerchug spank

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I'm off. see you all there!!

bounce bounce

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, just heard that a whole bundle of Hampshire is flooded, so if you're coming from these parts, watch yourselves.

Quoted from someone's LJ...

From what I've heard so far, the main A32 in and out of Gosport is currently impassable....
Parts of Bedhampton resemble extensions of Langstone Harbour....
The main Northern Road through Cosham is currently CLOSED with several vehicles, including buses & even a police patrol car trapped in floodwater. (my car almost joined them!)....
Parts of the M27 motorway are also reported to be impassable to all but the largest vehicles.

"Take that, math!"

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
rain???? really???? weathers fine up north biggrin in fact its actually quiet sunny outside! no really sunny in fact! and its only 9.30am biggrin

not to self: dont get drunk the night b4 a festival! i feel soooooo bad frown

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Say hey to Jed for us Perthites.

poke him and say postcard too.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
sods bloomin law...at work in portsmouth got nearly all those roads to cross and doing it in a metro coz my taxi broken...wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....so unfair the world is fighting me but I WILL PREVAIL..

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I've unpacked and repacked for the third time..
got everything packed leave for Surrey in about an hour

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
OK Here's the official BBC Weather Report for Shrewsbury

Doesn't look too bad actually.. sunshiney peeky things... few blacky things... Good luck!

Have a great time guys!
Be thinking of you!!!
biggrin'

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
on that whether thingy, it says pollution at the end.... is it not supposed to be pollon (sp.?) or am i being stupid confused

im so excited! and the weathers great biggrin but im soo hung over eek hehehe

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Blasphemous GirlSILVER Member
83 posts

Posted:
I'm sooooooooooooooooooo excited to
won't be there till tomorrow tho frown

but it's gonna be GREAT yey weavesmiley juggle beerchug

Have big greasy fry up that always sorts out hangovers!!!!

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
rahhhhhhhhhhhhh bounce bounce

many excited twirlers bounce biggrin

ill be there at 7 ish this ebening i hope ubbrollsmile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
deep breath in
*inhales*
deep breath out
*exhales*

im leaving biggrin biggrin

bounce

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Radio 1!! What a song to calm my nerves.

*sings*
Oh tequila, its makes me happy, oh teq...

*boogies out of the door*

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hope you all have an uber-amazing time!!
Can't wait to hear all about it next week.
Good luck to all those in the show.....it's gonna rock!

Have fun, and have a PLAY for me biggrin

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Grr i just woke up and its raining outside frown

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Well it's sunny here and I live about 45 miles from it. So shh. And start getting there.

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I should relaly pack shouldnt i

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
After buying tickets and everything I'm not going - not really in a spinning mood recently. Have a good time all that are there or going today!

"Moo," said the happy cow.

minimaniacThe Ladiees Man
360 posts

Posted:
update i am now leaving in my uber glittery mini! yay
see you all soon peps!!!

I'm going to leave the army and run away to the circus

if not i will just become a MI5 agent !!!

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
James that is SOO lame- you could have seen me and everything tongue

Hope all is well smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
2 hours to leaving time...grrrr dammit wanna go now...hurry along on those trains ladies.....pweeeease. XX

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
Only three more hours of work to go. Just been out an bought a new gas stove and a funky little pot too. I like camping

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
camp it up noodles ubblol wink

Anyone around still who can help poor sethis??? his car broke

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Essays compete, just p[cking and the drive to worry about and i'm there biggrin

Page: ...