Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I saw on T.V. the other day that there is a very high chance of great cats (like Lions, Cougars, etc.) running wild in the U.K I was just wondering if any Brits etc. from the U.K. on here have seen any great cats or heard of the theory that they are in England Scotland And Wales

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
*sits patiently in room waiting for people to enter and start looking for the writing on the wall*

Om Namah Sivaya

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
My cat is fat enough to be considered one of the "big cats". Does that count?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
PK has some. Apparently they eat marsupials. But that's not a problem in Sheffield.

Meh

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
There's always been reports of this in Cornwall, farmers declaring that a large black panther like creature is eating their sheep. If they want my advice on how to handle an animal like this it's simple, "get the flock out of there!"

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
my cat was crazy, but he ran away... he was little, but its possible he came down with elephantitis of the EVERYTHING and grew. maybe thats what theyre talking about?

Fire... A bushmans telly

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
purrrrrrrrrrr..... big cats?........ I know nothing.....purrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
The Siamesse cat we bought for me mom way back is pretty damn big. The thing must weigh 20+ pounds its name is Bitsy. hehe irony hehe it was the runt I cant imagine what the other cats must be like!!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
The correct term for them is Alien Big Cats (ABCs). I have never seen one but seen lots of photo's and write ups in Fortean times. The idea that they're here is quite fesable. In the 1960's and 70's it was popular to have these animals as pets and when the Dangerous Wild Animals Act was introduced in 1975 alot of people possibly released them into the wild rather than get a license. It is also possible that several were released in the same area and have bred together. These possibles always give me the heebee-jeebies when i'm camping out on the moors. For more info check out:

web page

or here or this

[ 27 June 2002, 04:31: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Shit there goes a lion, shusssshh if we stay quite, maybe it won't attack me........ AHHHHHHH no good, its seen me, run run like the wind ...........

The bigger the pants the better!

maladminmember
46 posts

Posted:
Definatly seen film of a big cat around Bodmin, Cornwall. This was a few years back now but if it was a household moggy I'm scared.

We are made to persist. That's how we find out who we are. - Tobias Wolff

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
none of you have met my cats max and sam; max is a propper wild cat (ferral) and my other cat sam is a manx cat.. probably would have been better to name them the other way round, but then max isnt much of a girls name is it?!... (waiting for a girl called max to prove me wrong)

anyway, max and sam... ...both nuts and will attack anything (including alsations) but not very big... ...probably not them you're talking about really is it!

oops, just thought of maxine!

[ 27 June 2002, 06:09: Message edited by: catboy ]

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I want to move to England now. Not just for the hot women, but for the big, err, cats shall we say

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Ooh wallibies and ABC's in England. I geuss it is kinda like a mix between Africa and Australia only slihtly colder