Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival - August 19th -> 21st *TICKETS ONSALE NOW*

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello people!! wavehello

=================================

Post Festival Update

Dunc would really, really like all your feedback on the Play Festival on the PLAY web site. So post on the forum there or use the Contact Us form to give as much feedback as you can.

Dom

info update

Cost - £15

Dates - 19th - 21st August 2005

Location - Shrewsbury Agricultural Showground, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK.

UPDATE 23rd July 2005

Tickets now on sale, go to the website or book via telephone on 07814 018 091

Update - 5th Jan 2005

The site is now up and running at https://www.playfestival.co.uk
there is a forum included so everyone can contribute to the ideas, concepts and development of the festival as a whole. It wouldn't survive without "everyones" involvement so feel free to log on, register and let us know what you'd like from us while you're there.

And to think non of this would have started if I hadn't gotten into HoP and realised how wonderful this scene is, thank you HoP even if you did remove the link from my sig without telling me why, or even telling me rolleyes hug

Update 31st January 2005

Tickets can now be Pre-booked, up to five adult and five free childrens (u14's) can be booked, once they are released for sale you will be given a set time period to buy them before they will be offered to the public. We're still unsure what the time period will be but it will be a reasonable amount of time, such as 6 weeks, from them being released before they will be put back into the ticket pool. Everyone will be advised by email and in various public announcements of the release date well before they're out.

=====================================================

I have been thinking for a while about organising an Object Manipulation (couldn't think how else to describe it!!) Convention sometime next year, and thought this would be the best place to get the ball rolling! (pun pun)

My idea is this......a mini festival for spinners/jugglers etc that's small and laid back enough to enjoy but big and organised enough to get the most out of. Maybe a band/dj or two in a tent, a fire show each night, weekend camping and most importantly lots of workshops, idea exchanges and fun for all the family. Easy going and fun are the objectives.

It wouldn't be poi based, it would be for all object manipulators from hat juggling to ribbon dancing and everything in between and to the sides so no pigeon holing or amimosity between arts will occur.

So what I'd like to know is if I organised, laid out capital etc for a proper weekend festival (Fri -> Sun) would I get enough interest and of course people attending? I obviously can't afford it by myself but if I put up the cash the more people I expect to come the cheaper I could cost it out per person.

I'd like to hope it'd cost no more that £25 each, but obviously the more people we expect to come the cheaper we can make it, I'd much rather it was a tenner than £25! (please note attendance would be a capped limit for safety and comforts sake)

All I'd be looking for is to break even or turn a small profit so it can be piled back into the next one making it even better and also cheaper.

As they say on poipoipoi's website......"it's not capitalism.......it's spherculism"

It would be in a decent sized feild with a remote location so there would be no townie trouble but close enough for easy access from major routes.

I figure if it's in the midlands area it's probably the easiest for everyone geographically although of course it depends what venues we can find and what the consensus is.

If this is the sort of thing folks would like then yell, but please be a serious yell as I'm realistically trying to sort numbers so I can get accurate costing done. There's also a poll I've set up HERE so vote in it if you can please.

If you think it's a little OTT compared to what is generally available such as Spitz and various annual juggling conventions please say so, all opinions have the same importance smile but don't forget to vote

Thanks folks! I hope you like the idea and can help me to make it a success for all those who come *fingers crossed*

If you have any info you think I might be interested in, ie quality venues (any free party goers out there that know good locations?) any ideas for during the convention or feel there's something individual you could offer I'd really appreciate hearing about it either in this thread or by PM. It's the only way I can make sure I'm giving people what they want!

Looking forward to your comments biggrin

Thanks for reading this rather long post hug

weavesmiley juggle :staff: :ribbondance: :contactjuggle: :knifethrowing: :likwiddancing: :stiltwalking: :diablo: :bboys: :clubswinging: :wifeswapping: :etc:

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
wink I hope it was a good dream . . . . hug

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i was playing with your staff and you were showing how to do it right biggrin seee i can't get Play out of my head am Uber looking forward to it biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
woohoo can i have some pankakes too cos i will have almost no food

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
biggrin

There are going to be red and black staffs at PLAY miss froggy . . .

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hey all! I just bought my tickets, oh yeah!
Shall we all meet up and have a nice dance and a giggle? If so how? beerchug
By the way, i like the idea of bathing in the river.. groovy baby! peace

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I think it will be hard to miss all the Hoppers that are going . . . One clue would be to look out for the brightly coloured name badges that skully made for a lot of us . . . by all accounts lots of people will be wearing them....

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
make sure you bring dunc to the hobbit strugz coz i gotta give him some cash....

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ok so i got a temp job till my main job starts bounce yay!

but... i can't leave work friday till midday frown boo
Meaning i miss my lift down with Mech and Narr, and have to fork out for a train frown and wont get there till later

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mynci

make sure you bring dunc to the hobbit strugz coz i gotta give him some cash....

will do dude - i have some for you too biggrin

will be there at 8-9ish, i need to chat to you about something else too wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Written by: strugz

Written by: Mynci

will do dude - i have some for you too biggrin

will be there at 8-9ish, i need to chat to you about something else too wink

PM me specifics. advnce warning always helps. biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Not posting for any other reason besides the fact that I just feel like them -----> bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 clap hehe ubbloco biggrin ubbtickled

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
woot got my costume bits - got afunky new hat for one of my costumes woot smile

cant get the day off work tho frown so i dont think ill be there till about 730ish
frown

back

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ok i shall also make`a`name`badge. and perhaps a bonnet.. yes,,, i shall get making my wonderful bonnet right now wow clap

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
there are going to be lots of pirates here arent there, should i be looking out for my lost boys?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Found my skully badge and my GF is gonna come now as well...yay!

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
anyone who was at Fal4 but didn't get their Skully-badge, I got em! there's a list on the Falmouth 4 thread so PM me if you want yours posting to you but I'll take them to Play anyway.

Well, I leave for a week in Abersoch tomorrow morning then straight to Play - w0000t! how can I think that far ahead to pack help eek

see you all soon hug kiss

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Ok as promised - here are some pics of the pirate outfit . . . and as gothfrogette suggested a slightly pimpier version too
Also a plumber, as I think Stroo was intriged.....
Pirate 1
Pirate 2 - slightly pimpier
Grrrr
Plumber

Critism welcome . . . or modifications to fancy dress . .

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
eek biggrin hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

hmmmmm OPEN SHIRT pirate one ubbloco *Runs off for cold shower ubblol

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Has anyone had the play ticket money come out of their account yet???

Plus - has anyone actually received any tickets yet???

Gayle.....!

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
oh and Matt - Go for the plumber!!!

Gayle.....!

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
Gayle, the money for my tickets came out of my account a couple of days ago.

Haven't got tickets yet if they've been posted but that wouldn't suprise me as our postie takes excessive amount of time to deliver things (saying that though, the wick I ordered late monday night arrived this morning, very impressed)

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
Well you can't get better than a pirate pigeon can ya?

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
How about a pigeon parrot? ubblol

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Oh matt be a plumber, you sort me out anyday wink

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Go dressed as a red indian Will... you could do the YMCA together on the renegade stage! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
lololol now that would be fun biggrin

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
tempting

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
i may wear a jumpsuit i have

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
so i guess we need a few more recruits . . .

Page: ......