• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival - August 19th -> 21st *TICKETS ONSALE NOW*

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...3233343536...43
Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:Hello people!! wavehello

=================================

Post Festival Update

Dunc would really, really like all your feedback on the Play Festival on the PLAY web site. So post on the forum there or use the Contact Us form to give as much feedback as you can.

Dom

info update

Cost - 15

Dates - 19th - 21st August 2005

Location - Shrewsbury Agricultural Showground, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK.

UPDATE 23rd July 2005

Tickets now on sale, go to the website or book via telephone on 07814 018 091

Update - 5th Jan 2005

The site is now up and running at http://www.playfestival.co.uk
there is a forum included so everyone can contribute to the ideas, concepts and development of the festival as a whole. It wouldn't survive without "everyones" involvement so feel free to log on, register and let us know what you'd like from us while you're there.

And to think non of this would have started if I hadn't gotten into HoP and realised how wonderful this scene is, thank you HoP even if you did remove the link from my sig without telling me why, or even telling me rolleyes hug

Update 31st January 2005

Tickets can now be Pre-booked, up to five adult and five free childrens (u14's) can be booked, once they are released for sale you will be given a set time period to buy them before they will be offered to the public. We're still unsure what the time period will be but it will be a reasonable amount of time, such as 6 weeks, from them being released before they will be put back into the ticket pool. Everyone will be advised by email and in various public announcements of the release date well before they're out.

=====================================================

I have been thinking for a while about organising an Object Manipulation (couldn't think how else to describe it!!) Convention sometime next year, and thought this would be the best place to get the ball rolling! (pun pun)

My idea is this......a mini festival for spinners/jugglers etc that's small and laid back enough to enjoy but big and organised enough to get the most out of. Maybe a band/dj or two in a tent, a fire show each night, weekend camping and most importantly lots of workshops, idea exchanges and fun for all the family. Easy going and fun are the objectives.

It wouldn't be poi based, it would be for all object manipulators from hat juggling to ribbon dancing and everything in between and to the sides so no pigeon holing or amimosity between arts will occur.

So what I'd like to know is if I organised, laid out capital etc for a proper weekend festival (Fri -> Sun) would I get enough interest and of course people attending? I obviously can't afford it by myself but if I put up the cash the more people I expect to come the cheaper I could cost it out per person.

I'd like to hope it'd cost no more that 25 each, but obviously the more people we expect to come the cheaper we can make it, I'd much rather it was a tenner than 25! (please note attendance would be a capped limit for safety and comforts sake)

All I'd be looking for is to break even or turn a small profit so it can be piled back into the next one making it even better and also cheaper.

As they say on poipoipoi's website......"it's not capitalism.......it's spherculism"

It would be in a decent sized feild with a remote location so there would be no townie trouble but close enough for easy access from major routes.

I figure if it's in the midlands area it's probably the easiest for everyone geographically although of course it depends what venues we can find and what the consensus is.

If this is the sort of thing folks would like then yell, but please be a serious yell as I'm realistically trying to sort numbers so I can get accurate costing done. There's also a poll I've set up HERE so vote in it if you can please.

If you think it's a little OTT compared to what is generally available such as Spitz and various annual juggling conventions please say so, all opinions have the same importance smile but don't forget to vote

Thanks folks! I hope you like the idea and can help me to make it a success for all those who come *fingers crossed*

If you have any info you think I might be interested in, ie quality venues (any free party goers out there that know good locations?) any ideas for during the convention or feel there's something individual you could offer I'd really appreciate hearing about it either in this thread or by PM. It's the only way I can make sure I'm giving people what they want!

Looking forward to your comments biggrin

Thanks for reading this rather long post hug

weavesmiley juggle :staff: :ribbondance: :contactjuggle: :knifethrowing: :likwiddancing: :stiltwalking: :diablo: :bboys: :clubswinging: :wifeswapping: :etc:

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Total posts: 1502
Posted:Um, anyone going from Birmingham? If not, anyone know the way from Shrewsbury station to the site?

Delete

ahhmay
ahhmay

Total posts: 42
Posted:yes, skulduggery.
it's all about wet nappies. dirty hair is more manageable.

Delete

_Aime_
_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 4172
Posted:not in my case it isnt..
its ruddy 'orrible when not washed.

Delete

GothFrogette
GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy
Total posts: 3999
Posted:I'm going from brum not sure what time yet though could be midday ish

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3276
Posted:http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1012075

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

newgabe
newgabe

what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
Total posts: 4030
Posted:AUGH Vix, I remember that from when I was in UK... urgle, it's truly weird stuff!

And I'm still wondering what is this posh Aussie shampoo.. I want some!! Hey tell ya what, I'll wash MY hair with it on the weekend and send you all the squeaky clean vibes, OK!

*looks for squeaky clean hair gremlin... hmmm.. this'll do..*

ubbangel

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Delete

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8737
Posted:Get a hat aime always easier

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

strugz
strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3964
Posted:proper hair washing at a festival eek

amatures wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

Katrina
Katrina

enthusiast
Total posts: 352
Posted:No offence meant but I would seriously advise against that hair stuff from boots. Other people may have had no problems with it but my mate and I took some to our first festival, ended up with our hair feeling worse than if it was greasy, and it looked kinda grey after too.

But if it works for you, go for it biggrin

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

Delete

_Aime_
_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:yick.
am deffinatly bringing my herbal essance then.

Delete

Pigeon_Wigeon
Pigeon_Wigeon

Say what?
Total posts: 4760
Posted:HA HA!! Hair washing.. you people are MAD! biggrin Just bung a hat on!

Delete

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8737
Posted:great minds pigeon (look 1 page back) ubblol beerchug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

Pigeon_Wigeon
Pigeon_Wigeon

Say what?
Posted:Hee hee oops.. wasnt a very unique and meaningful post.. but this one will be smile So.. I'm bringin my lightsaber..anyone else bringing one to have an all out war? I'm a Sith..so I need at least one Jedi biggrin

Delete

_Aime_
_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:unfortunatly I am devoid of a lightsaber frown

Delete

imakokode
imakokode

Total posts: 121
Posted:By the way guys rolleyes
I will be in London next thuesday and I was wandering if one of you have a place in his/her car from London to Play !! biggrin I'm ready to go from anywhere in London early in friday moring or during the day! ubbrollsmile
Let me know... otherwise I will buy my (fu**i*g*XXX frownpensiV) train tickets on friday morning wink
imakokode@hotmail.com
06.70.02.70.09 (at least in france... but it must work also in UK)
See you sooooooooon hug
Julien

>> all is full of love <<

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:YAY!!
Can't wait to meet you again dude smile
Didn't really get a chance to chat properly at Falmouth.

Can't offer you a lift m'afraid though as my car's already completely rammed

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Total posts: 1228
Posted:I want a pair of sabres, but they don't come in pink and green, and they're too expensive (says someone who's spent nearly 500 on LED poi).

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

Pigeon_Wigeon
Pigeon_Wigeon

Say what?
Posted:Awww!! Ok.. just incase anyone needs a namebadge (those of us who couldnt make fal) I have the means to make a few.. so... yeah tell me and ill make yee one biggrin [noodles] yours is already made smile

Delete

Bubbles_
Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3383
Posted:Written by: Mynci

yay!!! organised an early finish so will be leaving at 4pm instead of 6pm means a chance of daylight puting my tent up (no guarentee of sunshine though frown ) why can't yahoo and bbc weather ever agree....yahoo has 20 degrees and rain and bbc has 23 degrees and bright sunshine grrrrrr
i'm coming to the BBC PLAY festival coz the yahoo one don't look so good wink

i heard somewhere that fridays gonna be the hottest day eek
biggrin bounce

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Delete

tainted
tainted

addict
Total posts: 422
Posted:I want to go but cant ubbcrying have a great time everyone hug

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

Delete

linden rathen
linden rathen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 6942
Posted:bounce not long now... 3 sleeps eek

my costumes are ready and looking good smile

will be stealing tiger balm for the event smile

tis gunna be awsome biggrin

back

Delete

[noodles]
[noodles]

*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
Total posts: 893
Posted:re: Brum : I'll be leaving from brum around 6pm ish. I have to work till 6 but I work in Digbeth so like 10 mins from new street station.

re: name badge : Yay, *feels special*

re: lightsaber : possible certainty (sp?)

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

Delete

Chickpea
Chickpea

mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
Total posts: 305
Posted:linden - costumes? how many are you taking???

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Delete

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
Total posts: 8428
Posted:ok due to being bored in work again this morning I made a few more name badges for those that either lost theirs, never had one or have the name spelt wrongly on them redface

I've done ones for

Ahhmay

Aime

Dunc

Flid

George

Jo Rhymes

LavaTwilight

Linden Rathen

Mech

Molly

Narr

Noodles

NYC

Pigeon Wigeon

Sir Sheep

Spiralx

StrugZ

Sym_

Yoni

If I've missed you out I'm sorry. Post up here before morning comes and I'll try again tomorrow to do a few. biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

_Aime_
_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:This really takes the biscuit
Kieron is trying to get me ring up his work for to tell him that he has concussion from a rebel poi head swung by me. Which isn't true.
I'm not doing it. nope never.
Anybody want to ring kierons boss up during play to tell them that he has concussion and wont be in on sunday? Hands up anyone?

Delete

Sym
Sym

Geek-enviro-hippy priest
Total posts: 1858
Posted:biggrin Thanks!

I don't need the underscore behind my name though, thats only there because of a glitch with the HoP forum confused

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Delete

Chickpea
Chickpea

mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
Total posts: 305
Posted:i'll do it for you. can make it gory and everything if you like (his head actually fell off - that sort of thing!)
EDITED_BY: bchickpea (1124221456)

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Delete

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
Total posts: 8428
Posted:too late Sym_ you already have one ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

flid
flid

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3136
Posted:is Mr NYC coming to play then?

Delete

yoni
yoni

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3099
Posted:http://playfestival.wikispaces.org/

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Delete

Page: 1...3233343536...43