Forums > Social Chat > Little Things in Life that make us Happy

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
There are millions of little things in life that make us happy... what makes you smile?
I have so many things, but here is just a few... smile

Happy people, silly hats, ice cream, hot tea, the sound of foreign languages, Riding my motorbike on sunny days, doing handsprings, chocolate, the beach, smiles from strangers, kissing pretty circus boys, the sweet smell of kerosene on a summers night, stripey clothes, fake fur, the beatles, the colour pink, hugs, dancing, performing for little kids, and of coarse, ... twirling the night away wink

Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Chocolate. Festivals. African music. Sunshine. Strong wind ontop of a mountain. The smell of marker pens, jasmin, mown grass and clean babies. Soaking in a hot bath. Smiling. Music. The moment when something that has troubling you suddenly makes sense. Smiling people..........

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

rarrBRONZE Member
rrragghh!
121 posts

Posted:
ah what makes me smile...

Well I'll agree with one of those, hot tea.. and the rest?

going out with mates, listening to music, getting new moves in juggling/poi (thats a really big smile), friday after work in the the pub, festivals, weekends, time off, getting paid, buying new props, when the sun shines, that summer smell.. you know the one smile crisp winter mornings.. I could go on but I'll save some room for the rest of you...

*PiPeR*stranger
38 posts

Posted:
that clean feeling after a shower, the smell of wattle, a favorite track on a new CD, middle c on the piano, hugs and kisses, the last day on camps or festivals, blowing up fruit boxes (or prima's) and jumping on them so they go BANG, getting hand written letters, popping bubblewrap, massage lines, twirling in ankle deep water at the beach, twirling on soft grass, actually, just twirling ubbtickled different accents, new lunchboxes, home grown strawberries, hot pavement, pinky fingers, all you lovely happy people...

biggrin hug kiss ubbrollsmile kiss hug biggrin

~*PiPeR*~

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
the smell of spring. today had that smell.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Those times that make you proud to be human smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Hairy TaitBRONZE Member
109 posts

Posted:
Festies,sun,snow,new tricks,my mates,new cool people, fire,music,finishing work,good jokes,terrible jokes......and new fun stuff....oh and cheese biggrin
EDITED_BY: Hairy Tait (1093355188)

It's a very interesting story, Future Boy....!

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
cartwheeling,washing my feet at midnight, 3 pillows, doodling, that special smile with a stranger, the noise my bells make, making jewellery, peeling labels off whole, spinning in the dark, sticking apple stickers on the fruit bowl, cups of tea with choc biscuits, that double-take, no matter what its about, saying what i mean, for once, lists, questionaires, meeting up with my family, preparations, sitting by a fire, lying in bed after a shower wrapped up in the fluffy blue towel, reading, having my window open at night, tomatoes that taste of tomatoes, not nothing, adding together really big numbers

ok, im stopping

i like typing too
EDITED_BY: griffin (1093346110)

in state of metamorphosis

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Sunshine, smiling people, spinning objects, having enough rizlas, pretty girls (in a purely aesthetic sense), cuddles, passionate people, earl gray, flirting, a quiet pint with a good book.

And HoP, of course. smile

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

FräuleinFireotographer on Hiatus
284 posts

Posted:
Sunrise, food, a cup of tea and my comfy blanket, seing a landscape stroked by some rays of light and changing shades and colors, a long bath or shower, cuddling, hugs, kisses, my friends, music, dancing, having someone to laugh with, being childish from time to time, being in Ireland, shopping, watching people eat (well... well-behaved people that enjoy their food of course... wink), watching couples that are all over each other not knowing that someone is watching them (sooo cute), travelling, taking photographs,.....

"I see," said the blind man.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
That yummy feeling when you wake up in your bed and realise you dont have to get up coz its the weekend! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

MatchInnuendo Officer Extraordinaire
105 posts

Posted:
Sitting high up on a hill above the city, watching the world pass by on a sunny day, soft gentle kisses when you are just kissing someone for the first time ubblove, cats that come and curl up on you when you're feeling blue, people that come and curl up on you when you're feeling blue hug the sound of the night after a hot summers day, having your arms tickled, jumping into a freshly made bed (and staying in it! got that one right Vixen biggrin ) the smell after a thunderstorm, getting letters from old friends, Reiki and massages, and that special feeling when you stare off into the distance and just know that you're in the middle of the cosmos on this amazing adventure! ubbrollsmile

YARR! Thats replaced the whale in my nightmares!

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
The satisfaction of learning something new, meeting old friends as if they'd never left, comfortable silences, smiling at strangers who'll smile back, that special song, doodling, the sky, cobwebs, campfires, the middle of the night, comfy hugs, talking to someone without words (or even sound), memories, sharing memories, understanding, the silence after the last track on your favourite CD, bean bags, finding forgotten money in a back pocket, private jokes, puddles...

I could go on and on, but I already have a big smile on my face. smile

smells like burning teenagers..

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
308 posts

Posted:
the smell of a long awaited rain on the pavement or the smell of wet dirt & pine trees. words of kindness or thanks & never taking for granted that tomorrow may never come because all we really have in this moment. cuddling & snuggling & kissses on my forehead. talking in double dutch with my cousin so no one else can understand what we're saying. knowing that I've done the best I can, and all that I can even if I don't get the end results I want. doggy kisses on my toes. hearing my son say I love you or telling me that I'm "his best girl".

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

weeleighlook a rainbow!
237 posts

Posted:
Cuddles, having someone scratch my head, falling asleep in my love's arms, chocolate, sunsets, watching sugar absorb tea from the spoon, meeting new people, reading a really good book, hearing a great song that you haven't listened to in forever, watching Moulin Rouge, the first moment that you jump in a pool, having a really great conversation with someone, rubbing a kitty's tummy ...

and lots more. smile

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth."

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
doing a happy dance lots and feeling really space all day co sit just came real your dream youve been waiting for all year just came into true!

im moving back next WEEK!

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
my lady love ubblove

my friends,
not worring about the dicks i have met in the past,
the ppl im meet currenlty,
the ppl i get on with,
doing anything with my close friends,
spending hours, learning stuff from ppl!

Step (el-nombrie)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
trance that is psychedelic.
(i just bought my first set of decks (Pioneer CDJ100's))
i also maketh self happy with psytrance.
doof also makes me happy, especially if the music rhymes with 'psy' and 'trance' wink

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MatchInnuendo Officer Extraordinaire
105 posts

Posted:
Oh, I missed this one before...

The fuzzy feeling you get when you read through the hundreds of things that make people happy, and realise that there are millions of beautiful things in the world, and billions of beautiful people all out there enjoying them and being happy!

Thanks guys! hug

(Oh, and profiteroles - I definitely should have mentioned profiteroles...) wink

YARR! Thats replaced the whale in my nightmares!

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Yep... what Match just said smile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
There is nothing for me to add here as everything has been covered. Thanks everybody you've reminded me that I have no excuse not to be happy. We live in a beautiful world.
YAY for us!!clap

Live, love, laugh and dance!

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
farting
a great blow job(not that i've ever had a CRAP one!)
being open minded
great friends
hugs
pizza
finally nailing a new trick ofter eons of practice
rain on tents
new life
going 0 to very fast quickly on my bike
new words
ireland
Maurice Cornelius Escher

It's smashing to be back x

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
people, new open minded people, people able to see and enjoy little things, people reminding me of that thankx , people not trying to hide themselves and lots of other nice little things that make me not taking myself too serious

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
all the above and spinning round and round and round in an open feild ..or anywhere actually then stopping and tryong to walk a straight line smile

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
things that make me happy:

an unexpected compliment from a friend
a smile from a stranger on my walk to work
getting unexpected praise from my boss and coworkers
visiting with friends
sunny fall mornings (especially weekend ones)
anything to do with nature - i love scenic walks, mountains, and especially waterfalls
having a section of a national park all to yourself to enjoy the peace and tranquility of
making someone else smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Spritie if you like Waterfalls come over to south Wales. Just up the road from me there is a falls called henrhyd It is utterly beautiful and each time you visit it looks different. Sometimes the water rushes over in torrents and sometimes its a gental flow. In winter it has been known to ice up leaving huge icicles hanging. You are able to walk behind the wall of water if the flow isn't too high. It is surrounded by trees and is truely one of the most peaceful places I have ever been.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I'll have to make it there someday. Too bad americans only get 2 weeks vacation a year. I would so love to have the 4-6 weeks that most europeans get.

The ones I've seen that have amazed me the most were those that I found deserted on a crisp February morning in Yosemite National Park in Northern California as well as Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe simply for its sheer beauty and amazing power.

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
it is the little things ubblove hug

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Sometimes its the little things, sometimes it the WHOLE PICTURE.

I had a bag stolen at a gig once, with several hundred dollars of balloons, my new cellphone and a few other costly items.

When I found out, I thought about what was in the bag, and realised nothing in it was irreplaceable.

I then realised that, hey, so someone stole some stuff...I've still got an awesome family, the world's most amazing little son, not too much debt and basically a good happy life.

If the guy hadn't stolen my bag, I would haven't assessed everything like that all at once, and it felt great to be reminded how good life is by something bad happening.

Basically, my life was (and is) so good, that one little stolen bag doesn't have a chance of impacting on it.

so sure, it's the little things sometimes,s its the big things other times, but most of all, its all about taking everything each day and smiling... :-)

(In my opinion)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Well............i get a weekend with my boyfriend from tomorrow, which means ill have someone holding me until i fall asleep, thats making me feel happy now, and ill be even happier tomorrow night.

Just loving my boyfriend makes me happy.

Holding him. biggrin

Some of the most beautiful things in the world are those that are free. smile

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

peles_paynimSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
ahhhhhh....