AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
I just got my fluffy poi that I ordered from the HOP shop, and I want to share my review. Hopefully it will be useful to anyone who's considering a set for themselves or as a gift.

I ordered a set of the pink fluffy poi with ball chains and double loop handles. They arrived in only 11 days, which is pretty fast considering I live in Nova Scotia, and they came all the way from NZ. Things only got better when I opened the padded envelope that they came in. They came wrapped in their own little nylon bag- A welcome surprise since my old poi bag is falling apart.

When I took them out, I was even more impressed- they look alot better than the picture in the online shop. Judging from the picture, I was expecting maybe a fleecy covering. But these things are coated in thick, dense fur. They look like two bright pink tribbles! The picture in the online store does not do these things justice. Seriously.

I attached the chains to the handles, took them outside and started spinning. VERY nice! They've got a nice weight- not rediculously light, but not too heavy either. And I deliberately whacked myself in the shins with these things, as they are billed as "the kindest poi you can hit yourself with" or something to that effect. Not completely painless, but getting clipped by a tennis ball poi hurts more. So these would be great poi for somebody who's learning and wants a nice looking set.
The double loop handles feel very comfortable when I swing the poi, and overall, this poi set handles very nicely. The heads are a bit bigger then tennis balls, so they take a bit of getting used to, but once you get the feel for them they are wonderful.

I would definately reccomend this poi set to anyone who's looking for a nice set to use during the day, or to anyone who's learning and wants to look and feel great while they do it. Because of their relative softness, they're also nice for more experienced spinners who are teaching themselves new moves, as well as beginners.

Overall, I am very impressed with this poi set, and would definately reccomend it to anyone who's interested. My only suggestion would be maybe a couple extra colours- perhaps a nice shade of electric blue?

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Lovely!

Thanks for sharing that review with us Amanita smile It's always good to hear positive reports on the products we stock!

Thanks.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear you like the fluffy poi design. All of the positive feedback that you just mentioned was what we were trying to take into consideration when we designed them smile
A poi design that both beginners and advanced twirlers alike can benefit from etc etc
Nice post Amanita ubbrollsmile

evolsoulxjourneyman
60 posts

Posted:
just asking, you can swap the fluffy poi with a fire poi if/when your ready, because it's built like that, right?

BOMBS TERRORIST AIRPORT AIRPLANE HOSTAGE ALLAH JIHAD SUICIDE BOMB HIJACK

have you tested the patriot act recently?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
If you mean can you unclip the fluffy balls and put fire wicks on the end then no. If you look at the discription they have nylon cords which would burn.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
Yes, you can:) That's part of the reason I opted for the pricier set with the chain handles, because they were interchangable- I can use fire wicks, glowsticks, and just about any sort of toy imaginable on these things and they work beautifully.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
Yes, you can:) That's part of the reason I opted for the pricier set with the chain handles, because they were interchangable- I can use fire wicks, glowsticks, and just about any sort of toy imaginable on these things and they work beautifully.
Glad you guys liked my post:)

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Actually you are both right wink
ubbrollsmile
On the site there is an option for the fluffy poi set with nylon cords, that design cannot be used for fire, (scary concept)

But there usually is also an NPS ball chain fluffy poi set that is perfect for interchanging with fire poi heads. Unfortunately frown they are not listed at the moment as we are waiting for another shipment of ball chain to arrive at HOP central.
Hopefully the NPS ball chain fluffy poi set will be back on the site in a week or so.

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
The NPS15 Ball Chain just arrived Hoooray clap

So, the ball chain interchangeable fluffy poi are now back on the site.

Along with all the other NPS15 ball chain products.
Happy Happy, joy joy. ubbrollsmile

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
sorry to thread hijack - but is there anyway HoP could stock Stainless Steel 15 gauge ballchain instead of NPS. the NPS flakes and causes serious metal splinters and also corrodes easier then the SS.

Not meaning to start anything, but the SS is so superior to NPS that I just don't understand the decision to stock NPS at all. Is it a matter of availability or something? I have noticed that 15 gauge SS is suddenly hard to find, which is REALLY dissapointing.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Hey Vanize, we are looking into getting some SS15 ball chain on the site.

Will do my best, may not be for a while though.

Cheers. ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: Kombi guy (1093819443)

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Yeay! ubbrollsmile

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Hey Vanize, our supplier of ball chain has informed me that they make the SS15 ballchain but they dont make a Type A coupling to fit out of SS. frown
Seems a bit crazy eh.