Forums > Social Chat > it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Login/Join to Participate

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
so what have you done lately that seemed like such a good idea at the time?? you know what i mean - you had an idea that sounded great...but now you're having second thoughts...or it's turned into a nightmare!? eek

me? well i joined avon. that's right. i'm now an avon lady! sheesh! rolleyes sometimes i can't believe the things i do! it seemed such a good idea at the time! it all seems quite hard now...but i have to give it a chance otherwise i'll kick myself later...harder than i'm kicking myself now!! ubblol

i'm not sure if i can sell this stuff! argh! eek ah well - we'll see how it goes! luckily it was free to join! (yes! usually you have to pay for the privilige of selling avon!!) ubblol

ubblol

so what have YOU done? let's make a big 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' box & throw everything in there! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Raven_WolfeRunSILVER Member
journeyman
91 posts

Posted:
I went and applied at a telemarketing company today... Gods I must be getting desperate. After that I got 3 calls from telemarketers... Ugh, if I get the job I'm gonna kick my OWN ass.

May the flame on your balls not be too hot

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
well this wasn't recent but two years ago I started working for the government....now I realise just how bad the system can be and I have also realised there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

Ahhh we all think we can change the system until we are in it...then it is too late to back out.

My most recent dumb decision was to look after my parents house for two weeks...not only will I not be able to smoke for two weeks (yes my parents do not know I smoke so I have to give up so their house won't smell like cigarettes) but they also have a psychotic dog that likes biting my ankles...:rolleyes: not my brightest idea.

Zavienewbie
24 posts

Posted:
Written by: Raven_WolfeRun

I went and applied at a telemarketing company today... Gods I must be getting desperate. After that I got 3 calls from telemarketers... Ugh, if I get the job I'm gonna kick my OWN ass.

And you'd be right!!!
I'm working on an assistance phone platform for the summer and it's hell. The people who work there permanently just go crazy, they all seem so weird, and alone, and in their own world of loneliness. And anyway being on the phone with people and trying to sell them things you despise is just the worst thing ever to do!! You get mad people who yell at you, people that hang the phone on your pre-written dumb introducing speech, or old people talking hours long of their life and you can't get your work done. Really don't accept this kind of job! simple friendly warning.

ubbrollsmile

DEATH WILL ALWAYS BE A CELEBRATION OF CONFORMITY.
-Neil Gevisser-

Zavienewbie
24 posts

Posted:
anyway I can't think of anything bad but I know it seemed a good idea to buy my poi 3 weeks ago and I don't think I'll ever regret!!! weavesmiley

ubbrollsmile

DEATH WILL ALWAYS BE A CELEBRATION OF CONFORMITY.
-Neil Gevisser-

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
mine happens just about every weekend, i go out and say "im going to have a couple of drinks (good idea) about 4 hours and ALOT of drinks latter, i feel like censored (gone bad)

{off topic} if you think being a working in telemarketing makes you crazy, try being a bill collector......

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblol I just thought of something Rossco Bossco did at work that ended up quite funny but if he's not saying then neither am I ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
yeah, the good idea = go to london last thursday and have a night out of stupid proportions and then phone in sick on friday.
It all went wrong when i got busted for pulling a sickey and get sacked cos i'd only just started and was still on probation. ubbangel

still, i had a brilliant night out and now i can find a job where i dont do anything and can come back to HoP all the time! biggrin

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
FRYED FISH:
since when did you go out every weekend for a few drinks?

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.