Forums > Social Chat > An attempt at poi at Madonna Concert

Login/Join to Participate

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
My friend donated his ticket to the Madonna concert at Wembley to me - was a great show, stunning dancing as to be expected. However my one gripes is that the stage revolved and there was a dancer holding fire poi! Hurrah, I thought, I'm in for a treat of a nice poi display! Hmmm, sadly that was not the case. It looked like the dancer had been taught the weave briefly and been sent on stage with some flaming wicks! Most disappointing - surely they could have afforded to bung a proper performed a few quid or made sure her dancers were of professional spinning standard before sending them on stage in front of stadium full of people with flaming poi!!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Could have been worse, you could have been at a Madonna concert... DOH! tongue tongue tongue wink

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hush now - it wasn't that bad! In fact I had lots of fun - though I was very disturbed by the amount of women my age wearing Tutus and fingerless gloves or cowboy hats!!! Was a good show and I like good entertainment no matte- Though I have to say I certainly would not have paid £164 for the privilage myself!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i agree! if its free - its FREE! (that's why i have been to a Vengaboys concert *hangs head in shame*)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I was a fan of Madonna years ago - I remember dancing around to Madonna 'like a virgin' before I even had breasts! And Ihave to stay she's still a top drawer performer.

But the Vengaboys! Rouge Dragon - for shame! LOL!

- W B Yeats

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
but the tickets were FREE!!!!! *pleads student cheapness*

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'd pay good money not to have to see the Vengaboys!!!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i'd see pretty much anyone if it was for free...except perhaps Nikki Webster....