Forums > Help! > A bit of advice needed on strobe /glow poi.......

Login/Join to Participate

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Both my niece and I want sets of glow poi. Its my nieces birthday on the 4th of sept and I thought I would get her some. She has seen both the Strobe Poi and the LED Connect Poi at Balls-U-like but can't make up her mind which she likes best. Does anyone here have a set of either? Also I wondered if anyone knows if I can order by post with this company? Credit card issues prevent me ordering on-line. I tried ringing both tel. numbers on the site but got no reply and as her birthday is getting close I need to know fast so they will get here in time. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks! ubbrollsmile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

beelzebunnynewbie
6 posts

Posted:
go to walmart (if in US) and go to sporting goods. With the camping equipment, they have battery powered glow sticks for 2.48 each. they are awesome. I just bought 20 of them. they come in about 5 diffent colors (the green is awesome). the batteries are replaceable, and if they break, just toss them and buy a new set. they have a hook at the top for string, but put a key ring in it, and they hook onto altered dog leash, and voila!!! instant glow poi for less than 10.00

your rice crispies would approve

spinning , and i caught my weave on fire!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I've ordered her the rainbow/sweet smelling strobe balls-u-like poi from firetoys as they allow postal ordering. Can't wait to see what they are like! I just hope she likes them too.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I've bought two sorts of firetoys glow hacky sacks, one was their own brand/cheapo for about £5 per ball, cloth sacks full of clear beads in green and wasn't really impressed with their brightness and I got some samballs that only come in red, are made from rubber outer with clear insides and look much brighter. Wouldn't particularly recommend either for poi tho, they're just to dark but I guess they are designed for juggling and hacky sacking as apposed to spinning!

I'd recommend the battery glow sticks from here tho, they can break easily in the wrong hands but if they do break you can still take out the insides and use else where, also(if my memory is right) at about £1.20 each they're a bargain! The double coloured ones are nice too and better for poi as they're a little longer and heavier.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i got the rainbow/strobe sweet smellign poi too, i got them from balls u like, and im very happy with it, when u spin it the colours separe and it looks really cool

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian