_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
This isnt a rant...more of a winge. So thanks to all for reading.

So my dad's been in his new house for just over a week and a half now. And tonight is the gonna be the 3rd time ive come to stay for 2 nights in the period of that time. Im finding the whole process so...confusing. Is hard to register what im doing half the time. I have to ask several times a day what day it is, and what im doing. Im having problems remembering things, which isn't unusual for me ubblol but annoying at the least
I think the problem is im tired, and its just caught up with me. I'm having troubles settling into the routine of sleeping in to different beds. I've been waking up at god knows what hour nearly everynight for the past week wondering where the hell i am.
2 nights ago i woke up at 3am, sitting on a chair with the remote control in my hand and the fimbles on the tele. How i got there god only knows. which means im sleep walking >.<
Plus the matteress that im sleeping on are different mums-hard dads-really soft, so that just accentuates the fact that im sleeping in 2 differnet places.

I need some tips and advice on how to adjust to sleeping in different places. anyone?

Aimz xx

weeleighlook a rainbow!
237 posts

Posted:
I dunno if this'll help, but what I would do is make a cd to listen to at night, so that there's something familiar. I don't know if music will just keep you awake or not, but it might help. And it's cheaper than new mattresses smile

Also, you could try bringing a pillow to both places, if you can't change the mattress situation. Not quite the same, but it might still help. Hope things work out!

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth."

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I think weeleigh's suggestions are good ones. I frequently sleep out of town every weekend, and I always bring my pillow from home with me. This helps make my bed/sofa/futon away from home feel more like my regular bed.

If you are still having problems sleeping next week, I'd discuss the problem with your parents. In my opinion, having a child sleep 2 nights here, 2 nights there is not healthy. Maybe suggest that you spend week 1 with your mom, week 2 with your dad, week 3 with mom, and so on. It would at least give you a little more stability.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Hugs to you Aimee.

I hope that you will settle but it will be hard with disrupting yourself so often. Will your folks buy the same mattress for both beds??

I like the pillow solution and my boys take stuffed animals for sleepovers all the time. I take pillows with me too. Sometimes my boys take our pillows as well, familiar smells. We also did that when we shifted our boys out of our bed.

Maybe if you like aromatherapy you could have the same scents at both places as well.

I find I ned the bed orientated the same way. I have slept east west most of my life. Its only in the last year I have been able to change this and it took me a while to get used to it.

Good luck darl.

Sleep deprivation is the worst torture. Its hard to function properly.

hug hug
EDITED_BY: Gnor (1093140761)

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i know that this 2 nights things is bad. It's all a bit unorganised still, the parents having to get used to it as well.
New matterress are out of the question, but the aromatherapy sounds a good idea, but I have nearly no sense of smell. Vapour rub is nice and strong. Might try that biggrin

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
i like the pillow suggestion, i was going to suggest that too, you could bring a comforter with you too, i would also try to argue for the 1 week with each theory, anyway, good luck i home things turn out well

peace wink

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

Fleancejourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
I have always found that i don't sleep well in unusual environments.

Have you "Aimee'd" up the new room yet or is it still just a new room.
Maybe once you have decorated it a bit in a way that makes you feel more at home you will feel.......more at home. Thus get better sleep.
The other option is just don't sleep at one house. Stay up all night and do all the things you would have done at the first house during the day, then when you go back to the house where you can sleep you can just nod off for 24 hours.
Actually that last suggestion isn't all that practical is it really.

I don't care who you vote for

Just don't vote for the guy who likes war, destruction and earning money over earning respect.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Well the room at mums is aimee'd up. Been in it for 15 years! But at dads the landlady is a bit weird and wacky *looks around bedroom* 3 walls are pale yellow, one is lilac and the door frame and skirtingboards are baby blue umm
Well theres washing all over the floor, thats certainly aimee, and theres beanie babies up on the shelves. Wont be long before i can convince the land lady to let me paint it pink biggrin