Zavienewbie
24 posts

Posted:
FRENCH POIERS UNITE!!!!

hey, Im poing around alone in Paris and looking for people to share experiences (and fun!! YAY!!)
It'd be cool to organize weekly or monthly meetings... weavesmiley

feel free to email me at mczavatta@hotmail.com

Waiting for you!!
cool

DEATH WILL ALWAYS BE A CELEBRATION OF CONFORMITY.
-Neil Gevisser-

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
If you do a [Old link] you're bound to find someone, I can think of Nomad off the top of my head. He's quite good and makes lovely videos too. I like his Paris video the most wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

weeleighlook a rainbow!
237 posts

Posted:
Umm...ok, so I live in America, but I just got back from vacation in France, and the friends that I stayed with (who bought me my staff) live right outside Paris (In St. Germain En Laye) and they go to all sorts of like, twirling "squats" are what they called them. I think. So I now that people around you are twirling and stuff.
EDITED_BY: weeleigh (1092947090)

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth."

Zavienewbie
24 posts

Posted:
hey! I live just next to St Germain en Laye!! Do you know of any place they often go to or maybe do you know of someone I could get in touch with??

DEATH WILL ALWAYS BE A CELEBRATION OF CONFORMITY.
-Neil Gevisser-

weeleighlook a rainbow!
237 posts

Posted:
Well, technically she lives somewhere else, cause she moved in with her b/f, but her family's in Fourqueux (where I used to live biggrin ) I can try to get in touch with her and ask her if they're going to any soon.

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth."

yannicusGOLD Member
169 posts

Posted:
hey zavie, i live next to paris, in the 92, in garches. i've been to a few 'spin meets' in paris, and some were dissapointing but some were good fun.

im not going to be there till the 15th of september, but there are spinners in paris,

sometimes on champs de mars, or on the quais de seine at pont neuf, or in front of l'institut du monde arabe: on weekends there is stuff going on.

im going to be meeting a lot of poisters when i get back, so ill keep posted in this thread.

a plus

Y.

-Believing that all has been said and done is like mistaking the horizon for the limits of the world. Voltaire.
-Plus je connais hommes, plus j'aime mon chien. Pascal.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I was just in Rodez (well south of, North of Tolouse) for 3 weeks

Does anyone know of anyone who spins down the SW? I know there is a fire community there. There was a fete with a fire show on (friends told me) and there is a poi shop in Rodez!

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Cant really help you Pink but im in bram near carcassone and im finding it very difficult to find anyone spinning fire evn to the fact that im not allowed to light up(tod by the marie) but i have heard there is a group of people in toulouse and a juggling shop in toulouse called psychojongleur and they are quiet helpful. I have heard that sete is good and vallon (from mand).
I havent lit up for a month now it hurts

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
The Marie told you you can't light up? Just go out of the town and do it!
My dad's local marie dont mind at all. Infact none of them do near my dad;s. I was spinning in the town square of Pampelonne at a BBQ and no one minded! Although the Gendarmie did look at me curiosly.

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the info but they have said that if i want to light up i have to have the fire brigade in attendance. I am still working on it but hte people in the area are against me doing it as well just the wrong place to be. looking forward to england

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ahh... wait a min.. i know why... dry season right? Do you need permission from the Marie to have bonfires aswell?

In the Aveyron they weren;t aloud to farm during the day last year because of the dry land!

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
yeh in think thats whats its all about they are just harvesting as well so no one wants to burn their fields down.. All the sunflowers are dead.. Apparently last year was really bad with temps in the 40's and people dieing all over the place this year isnt as bad but still there are fires all over the place and you see the planes buzzing around..
What i have heard is that you are allowed to light up if there is concrete floor and a fountain nearby as in the parks in the cities but out in the sticks its an issue

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Doesn't the local town near you have a pertanque(sp?) court or something you can do it on?

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Ive sort of given up for the moment as i will be moving on monday to another gite right next to the midi canal maybe they wont have an issue if i get on a boat and floatdown the canal swinging away with me tunes on. By the way the village is called La Force and there is a fete there which is why i asked but they said very forcably no... Hurgh. I might be going up to a place very close to rodez next weekend where is the shop you were talking about and was it any good?

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
The shop was a little expensive but does a fair bit. Plus it sells cool clothes...ubbangel

It's off the main square and is called "look and roll" It has two shops the one on the right does the poi and the one right opposite on the left does the cool clothes.

Whats the name of the place close to Rodez?

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Thanks Pink the place im going to is espedaillac i think not that sure but a freind is in the area.. Wher abouts were you in rodez?
i have been told there is some pretty spetacular scenery in the area.. reccomend anything

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Um... scenery wise...

Cordes sur ciel and Najac are the most amazing.

I was near Carmaux in a place called Masmajou. Nearest town was Naucelle or Tanus.

But i do recommed checking out Cap D'ecouverte. Massive sports centre which is amazing and brand new!

CaptGPLATINUM Member
29 posts

Posted:
Thanks will give it a look..