KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Not my cuppa (wot with my views on fire breathing an'all)...but I got this e'd to me and I thought there'd be a few firebugs out there keen to do this....
nice one
Dave
smile

Hi everyone

At Stonehenge, in two weeks time, there will be an attempt to set the world record for the largest number of fire breathers to breath fire in the same place at the same time. The attempt will be filmed and broadcast as part of The Guinness world records show 50th anniversary episode. The show will go out Internationally and is expected to reach 10 Million viewers!

If you breath fire, and want to be a world record breaker please let me know and I will pass your details onto the right people. This should be happening on August the 26th, so you need to let me know soon if you want to be involved.

What you get:

A great day out in Salisbury, in the company of other fire performers.
A small expenses fee (£10).
A certificate from Guinness to say you are a record breaker.
The chance to appear on International television.
The right to call yourself a world record holder!
It is hoped that Guinness might also provide T-Shirts for all the performers to commemorate the occasion.

If you are interested email me on: david@thefreakshow.co.uk

Cheers

David Straitjacket

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
From what I heard from Ivan of Ash Circle is that Guinness wont accept attempts for fire breathing because of how dangerous it is. Or something to that effect.

P*L*U*R

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
well late on this thread but....I was there and we did it and were on TV and video is at https://www.soton-firespinning.co.uk/
in the downloads section (great strugz edit) wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
You say you were there and did it? But its only the 23rd today, we've got another 3 days til it happens!

If im just getting confused and it is still happening this friday, I would like to be a part of it cos I breath fire and live about 15 mins away!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
But then, this thread is is dated 2004, and its '05 now....

Silly billy wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i was there! and it rocked!

passing through, this world still lives.

OrbitSILVER Member
enthusiast
270 posts

Posted:
I believe there's an attempt to break this record being orchestrated at Burning Man this year.

https://www.geocities.com/burningbreathers/

(This is next week!)
EDITED_BY: Orbit (1124842971)