Forums > Social Chat > Around the World Circus classes

Login/Join to Participate

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hi there all,
I am wanting to do a round the world trip taking in Circus classes and festivals as I go. Has anyone done any open courses or short courses with any of the circus groups or circus uni's? I would love to hear about the good ones. Anything from fire twirling to trapeze... whatever is going I will probably love smile

Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
In Bristol in the summer there are various workshops going on with Circus maniacs - on things like acrobatics, chinese pole, trapeze, silks etc.
At other times of the year there are weekly meets with the Bristol Uni circusoc, who meet every sunday and usually have one or two workshops going on within that, plus the fire night on wednesdays.

PM me if you want more info.

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
*drools at the mention of a trapeze*
Yay! Thanks, that all sounds fun : )
*Eveish takes note of bristol in the travel journal with "Don't Panic" written in large friendly letters on the front* biggrin

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
you should make San Fransisco, California a stop on your journey too, there's cricus school there. i think there's another in new york. the ringling circus chool is in florida, but in a boring town frown

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.