Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The Secret Cabaret September- wintry nights and firey freaks

Login/Join to Participate

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
Hey Y'all,

Just 2 more shows to go!

last month's debris....August was the cultural show of the season as we went French, but Jerry Springer style as Ms Josephine and MC Beavercleaver got into a hilarious domestic, I neeeearly gave Djinn a trim with a fireball at the end of Can You Top This ( cos I still cant beat his poi) and Aradia totally topped the show with her gold and shimmering PVC-ified sword dance. Brian's contact/juggle/devilstix act defied the boundaries of ligament-pulling and humbled all us circus nuts, inspiring countless more practice hours of loungeroom wall-marking, accidental crockery breaking and lightglobe smashing. Then Hazel did that thing..with her feet... ubbloco
September's Secret Cabaret will feature an operatic, potty-mouthed Pavarotti, fire-goddess Zephira will present her latest offering, Cath Jamieson will attempt to cut off an audience member's...member and we got us some live reggae-folk fusion for the finely tuned ears amongst us. Plus a bit of this and abit of that..as always, the line-up is always a surpirise, even to us...but guaranteed, always mesmerising.

cheers and tiredsootyfingres
vyvyan

The Secret Cabaret, September 2nd under the high ceilings and old world charm of Wesley Anne, 250 High St Northcote. All tix $15. Doors open 830. more info at www.fireworksdance.com.au

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

CinGOLD Member
2 posts

Posted:
There I was foofing about and I see a big spunky you! If I don't see you before I will catch you at the next show no doubt...

cin

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
cin! ya! when you gonna warp my mind again with more of that 'what... gravity?' poi you do?
(and where the farck is yarck anyway?)
kisspyrobeeeyatch

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!