Page:
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200408/s1178955.htm

I especially like this bit;

Written by:

(IRT to his claim that the PM knew before the last election that his whole racist election campaign was based on a misrepresentation of evidence) Mr Scrafton says a lie detector test he took this week backs his claims.

"Categorically, the issue was I think decided by the polygraph that my account of events has been justified," Mr Scrafton said.

But Mr Howard says he does not need to undergo a similar test.

"I will submit myself to the great lie detector test in Australian politics and that is the collective judgment of my fellow Australians," he said.

So not only is he not prepared to take a lie detector on this, he is saying that somehow being elected again will prove he was truthful in the children overboard fiasco?

I think not.

and whats worse? This isnt his first election, its his THIRD! the Australian people have already elected the scumball twice! The first time on GST (and how wonderful has that turned out to be?!) and once on the children overboard/refugee issue (which now it turns out he knew was a lie) ARGH!

Anyone who now votes for Howard in the next election is either stupid or in the pocket of big business.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
the free trade agreement??

"some trades are free-er than others..."

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Here we go. The elections are just over and already darkness is spreading across the land.

Opposition challenges Govt to reveal abortion plans. ABC TV

Written by:

The Federal Opposition has challenged the Government to reveal whether it plans to introduce legislation restricting women's access to abortion. Several senior Coalition MPs have criticised the number and timing of pregnancy terminations in Australia.

The Governor-General has added his voice to the debate, reportedly saying he would like to see the number of abortions reduced to zero.

And, who said dinosaurs were extinct?

Governor-General calls for change. Herald/Sun

Written by:

GOVERNOR-General Michael Jeffery entered the abortion debate yesterday when he declared there were too many terminations in Australia. Maj-Gen Jeffery, 67, said he was not criticising women who had to make a "terrible decision", but 100,000 abortions a year were too many for a country with Australia's population…..

Praising the power of evangelical religion to instill values, the Governor-General said he was a strong Christian and a believer in the afterlife.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

foolaussiefirenewbie
4 posts

Posted:
What the hell does that have to do with twirling ? are the government setting aborted babies alight or something ?
Maybge the poi message board is not for fire stuff maybe I'm in the wrong place I was so hoping to escape into my hobby rather than think polotics (s.i.c)

Smart but maybe not smart enough

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yeah I think you should read the Welcome & FAQ post - its a sticky so its always at the top of the pile. If you have you would be familar with the first few lines but just in case I'll quote for you;

Written by: admin

Welcome to HoP's social forum!
The social forum is the place for chat and forms a large part of our open and friendly community. After all we can't just talk about poi and staff spinning!

If you want to talk poi and poi only you will find heaps of other forums on this site where discussion is poi related *only*.

hope this helps,

Josh
HOP Moderation Team

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yay for josh!

anyway - i love the way it seems to be all the male politicians making the laws about what women can and cant do...
its strange how the GG has been really quiet till now - after the peter hollingworth saga i havent heard anything from the 'queens representative' but now john 'god save the queen' howard beleives every australian supports his moral code, the howard chosen GG has decided to reveal himself for the fundamentalist christian he has been hiding.

*sigh*

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I expect we will see more of this fundamentalist garbage in the near future.

Carr links abortion debate to stem cell ban New South Wales Premier Bob Carr says those who have recently spoken out on abortion are "signed-up opponents" of embryonic stem cell research. The Federal Health Minister Tony Abbott, the Deputy Prime Minister John Anderson and other senior Coalition MPs have called for a reduction in the number of abortions, particularly late terminations.

Abortion row 'manufactured' The Women's Electoral Lobby (WEL) today accused Federal Government ministers and Governor-General Michael Jeffery of manufacturing a crisis about abortion. Spokeswoman Eva Cox said the debate should focus on whether governments should have a role in a woman's decision to have an abortion rather than who approved or disapproved of terminations.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
strangley enough, peter costello said today that abortion would be left up to the individual states!
he's probably going to be beaten up by tony abbott this evening... ubblol

Page: