_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Ok so the idylic villig in cornwall that I stayed in last year has flooded, and christ what a flood. I was nearly crying as I watch the news report. I saw the pink house that I stayed in, with muddy water up to its windows and three cars piled up in front of it. I'd been there 3 times before and the place is just beautiful. Next dorr to the pink house is a lady who keeps an imaculate garden. What is it now? A lake... frown
First of all, my love goes to the residents of Boscastle in the hope that they're houses are ok and that no one got hurt, secondly to all the holiday makers that will be at the villige this time of year, I hope everyone is safe and ok. And last but not least to the rescue team helicopter people who are plucking people off of roof top and trees. Doing an excellent job.
Much love and hugs to everyone who is caught up in the tragedy hug ubblove

Aimz xx

Skippynewbie
38 posts

Posted:
Hey *Aimée* wavehello welcome And Wellcome To Hop I'm New To Can't wait to hear lots about you ubbrollsmile From skippy hugby by biggrin weavesmiley juggle

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah - thoughts to all those affected. As of yet no caualties (which is pretty incredible), 3 people still unaccounted for though...

The National Trust actually own the village and have several staff there too - so we have communications flying all over the place

Nature stamping it's authority on humans again I guess, but it chose the wrong target frown

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
yeh they said on the news that mobile phones wenrn't working, but they never work cos theres no reception down there. I think is just a case of finding them in all the mess going on around them. i hope they turn up frown

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
is there ever a right target durbs mate?

It's smashing to be back x

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Large factories, oil rigs, Polar drilling stations, whaling ships...
France wink

Or just any un-populated place
smile

Didn't mean to be contentious - sorry redface

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
spot the loony in the thread.......

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I still can't believe it! I was less than 25 miles away from Boscastle yesterday and the first I heard of it was a phone call from my mate's daughter in Portugal asking if we were ok!

hug to all affected!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
It must have been a terrible thing to witness. The shock of one minute your house/ business is normal the next minute thousands of gallons of muddy, rock/pebbly water comes shooting by and into your property. Seeing peoples cars and vans just rolling past the windows too must have been very frightening. And how scary must it have been in the buildings that collapsed? So far it seems no one was killed and for that we should be thankful.

To anyone affected if you need anything.....just ask. There are many people that read this forum, maybe we can help. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
on sunday just before the rains, i was so close to that part of cornwall.

so glad i had to start work and come home.

my love to the wet people hug

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I live about 5 minutes away from Boscastle and i know lots and lots of people who have lost their livelihoods and their homes.

15 people are still unaccounted for, including a good friend of mine. Nobody was killed (thank god) but a about 8 people were taken to hospital for minor injuries and hypothermia.

We've had phone calls from pretty much everyone we know asking if we're ok and asking if our mutual friends who live in boscastle are ok.

Last night i dont think anyone in my family slept well, we kept on hearing the helicopters fly to and from the harbour until about 2 in the morning.

Boscastle will never be the same again, buildings like the Pixie House (which was my favourite shop in boscastle) that have been there for 300 years are gone. The roads will be closed for weeks.

I'm just hoping there was nobody hurt and especially that there was nobody in the 50+ cars that were washed out to sea. My heart goes out to all my friends there and all the people who have been affected.

peace

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
*looks out of the window*

And its STILL RAINING!!!! looks even worse in the direction of north Cornwall!

frown

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
it is awesome
i mean that NOT in a good way, but in a literal way - it fills you with awe when you see the pictures on tv of cars and buildings being washed away. lets hope that none of the few people sill unaccounted for are injured

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
eek the pink house is on the front page of the daily mail! We got our holiday pictures out and compared it. its horrendous. Theres 3 cars litterally piled on top of one another outside the house.