Forums > Social Chat > Where are all these chicks that dig scars?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
So I'm bumbling around this morning after waking up and the oft repeated and quoted 'pain is temporary and chicks dig scars' quote pops into my head. And then I realized...

Which chicks?
Where are these chicks?

I hang out chicks all the time. Never once have I heard them complimenting a guy on his scars.

Nice smile? Yup.
Nice butt? Yup.
Nice eyes? Yup.
Nice chest? Yup.
Funny? Charming? Good smelling? Rich? Honest? Sincere? Tall? Broad shoulders?
Yup!

Never once have I overheard a 'chick' say:

"Well, he's kinda ugly but I dig the scars."
"Yeah, my friends all hate him but... mmmmm... I just can't resist the scars."
"Yeah, he's cute and sucessful but he doesn't have enough scars for my taste."

I've been trapped in a Doctor's waiting room with only a Cosmo magazine and, yes, I've read those articles about what women are looking for in a man... and never once have I read how women really dig scars.

I've never overheard a woman complimenting an actor on his scars. Brad Pitt? Matt Damon? Ben Afleck? Carey Grant? I don't recall having many scars. I can only remember Harrison Ford having a scar, and I've never heard him complimented on it.

I don't think there are high priced doctors in Los Angeles offering "Scar Enhancement Surgery."

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and make a profound statement.

Chicks DON'T dig scars.

Call me crazy. Call me whitewashed by the media. Call me American for god's sake. But I think I'm on to something.

Ladies, you're at a bar and you notice two guys walk in. Once who's much better looking, one who has many many scars. Which one do you go for?

Yeah, yeah... I'm sure that there will be some knuckleheads who post on here that they love guys with scars just to try to burst my bubble. But what does that say about them? They like guys who are constantly injured? They want to breed kids with the 'clumbsy' gene?

"Oh look at him, I'm sure our kids would have HUGE gashes on their faces!"

I certainly don't want to be with a woman who's REALLY interested in me getting more scars. Yikes!

So when you're spinning fire, or skateboarding, or riding your tricked out BMX... Make sure you take the proper safety precautions. Cuz, despite what the t-shirts may tell you...

Most 'chicks', or at least most women, don't in fact dig scars.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
my boyfriend has a few (well more than a few) little scars mostly from skating, and there kinda hot on him. just adds character me thinks. but anyone the deliberately scars themself... thats not so cool. scars have storys behind them. sometimes funy mostly painfull, but intersting. my bigest one is form then i jumped of annised rock when i was little. didnt jump out far enough and sliced my foot. my friend tessa told me the eels where going to get me. i got out quick ubblol

but if you say to someone "how did you get that?" and they say "i cut myself coz i was sad" thats really not good and they need someone to help them. a friend of mine had some massive red ones from when he used to cut himself (and they whre old), and he was very embarresed of them, when i first found out what they were i was so mad at him for doing that to himself. he was the lastperson yourd think would do it too frown but he dosnt anymore smile

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Skating scars can be hot smile

but blading is bad... yeah I watch grown men in tights do it to themselves every week, but that isnt from depression.
Most of my friends had cut themselves on purpose, which sucks... but they wont listen... I've lost count of the amount of times me and some friends have had to run out of the room during class to keep an eye on a friend. it's really sad...

Page: