Forums > Social Chat > Where are all these chicks that dig scars?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
So I'm bumbling around this morning after waking up and the oft repeated and quoted 'pain is temporary and chicks dig scars' quote pops into my head. And then I realized...

Which chicks?
Where are these chicks?

I hang out chicks all the time. Never once have I heard them complimenting a guy on his scars.

Nice smile? Yup.
Nice butt? Yup.
Nice eyes? Yup.
Nice chest? Yup.
Funny? Charming? Good smelling? Rich? Honest? Sincere? Tall? Broad shoulders?
Yup!

Never once have I overheard a 'chick' say:

"Well, he's kinda ugly but I dig the scars."
"Yeah, my friends all hate him but... mmmmm... I just can't resist the scars."
"Yeah, he's cute and sucessful but he doesn't have enough scars for my taste."

I've been trapped in a Doctor's waiting room with only a Cosmo magazine and, yes, I've read those articles about what women are looking for in a man... and never once have I read how women really dig scars.

I've never overheard a woman complimenting an actor on his scars. Brad Pitt? Matt Damon? Ben Afleck? Carey Grant? I don't recall having many scars. I can only remember Harrison Ford having a scar, and I've never heard him complimented on it.

I don't think there are high priced doctors in Los Angeles offering "Scar Enhancement Surgery."

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and make a profound statement.

Chicks DON'T dig scars.

Call me crazy. Call me whitewashed by the media. Call me American for god's sake. But I think I'm on to something.

Ladies, you're at a bar and you notice two guys walk in. Once who's much better looking, one who has many many scars. Which one do you go for?

Yeah, yeah... I'm sure that there will be some knuckleheads who post on here that they love guys with scars just to try to burst my bubble. But what does that say about them? They like guys who are constantly injured? They want to breed kids with the 'clumbsy' gene?

"Oh look at him, I'm sure our kids would have HUGE gashes on their faces!"

I certainly don't want to be with a woman who's REALLY interested in me getting more scars. Yikes!

So when you're spinning fire, or skateboarding, or riding your tricked out BMX... Make sure you take the proper safety precautions. Cuz, despite what the t-shirts may tell you...

Most 'chicks', or at least most women, don't in fact dig scars.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Im one of those chicks!!! Scars are hot!!! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
anyone else love the fact that that nyc mis-typed the word 'clumsy'...? ubblol

my theory: most good scars come with a good story - chicks like good stories.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I dont find loadz and loadz of scars attractive, but yeah i think scars look kinda good. And most of my bloke mates are bmx'ers so im always happy!! haha And yeah the stories are good aswell! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
i personally get kinda queasy

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
skateboarding and tossing fire around my dome.... my shins and bicepts make me look like I got into a tussle with a lawnmower. and by the way NYC... lot's of chicks do in fact dig the scars... they make a good conversation piece but a terrible introduction piece. keep it in mind and good look with the ladies

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
It's not the horrible missing half your face scars that they like.. But someone completely scarless is too dainty wink And theres always a conversation behind every scar... although I've got a few that I don't know where they came from ubbloco

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
MY scars are darn sexy, if I do say so myself.

edit:

oh, yeah, and I'm a girl. and I didn't get my scars from playing with fire. smile

ubblove We all know that you mean no harm, Mr. NYC!
EDITED_BY: rbmnyc (1092754272)

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
and what about the other way round? are there guys who dig girls' scars? cos ive got one on the back of my head that, if thats true, would be a major turn on

in state of metamorphosis

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol, was just going to say the same thing Griffin... only mines on my leg.

Small disagreement with a car when I was 11.

spank ubblol

Getting to the other side smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i've got a scar on my forehead, its a great story coz it looks like something i got in a fight but really i got it when i was two years old. It always gets a bit of 'awww' from the girlys

ive got three more on the back of my head. i was a very clumbsy child....

I'm all better now though.

Love is the law.

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Written by: Lurch

It's not the horrible missing half your face scars that they like.

That's true, its "normalish" scars I like. To me, some look really nice. The way every one will have some sort of story behind it, whether you know it or not. Like a free tattoo that's personalised as (I doubt) anyone else will have that specific one... smile

I know it's not a scar, but I have a friend who has a huge birthmark up his arm. He's a bit paranoid about it I think, but I love it, its part of him.

Chicks do dig scars. wink

smells like burning teenagers..

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Well if it is true that guys dig girls with scars then I guess I am one of the hottest chicks in the world...wooohooo for me...ubblol

I can't say that I dig a guy who is totally scarred all over but hearing the stories of interesting scars can be quite interesting...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
So what you're all saying is that NYC is wrong?

Hmmm, that's almost never happened before....

tehe. biggrin bounce

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Written by: C@ntus

So what you're all saying is that NYC is wrong?

Hmmm, that's almost never happened before....

tehe. biggrin bounce

NYC is right nine times out of ten, however that is generally because he has a superior brain which allows him to apply argumentative techniques never before seen on such a scale (the tenth time is generally him just pretending to be wrong to make us all feel better) hug NYC hug

As to the scar thing, I do find scars attractive, but not in a "omigod, macho-skinhead with heaps of scratchmarks has just walked in the room" kinda way.

I find them attractive on people I know well. For example, I used to spend hours exploring the scars of one of my ex-somethings. He had a scar on his knee from a footy injury, and bent weird fingers from breaking them too often playing sport. And it was just as much a part of him as his crooked smile and strong shoulders. I was fascinated.

I have a friend with a burn scar on his inner arm. And that is so much him. A point of unexpected toughness in a clean-cut, gentle guy. It gives a key to who he is.

I don't want my friends or bf's to get hurt, and therefore get more scars. However being a classic rescuer girl, when a person is hurt I will run to their side (metaphorically).

So NYC is right and wrong wink Tough guy scars are unattractive. However people are attractive, in all their human characteristics. People have scars, therefore scars are attractive.

And so is sucking up to NYC. ubbloco

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
my cousin has a scar on his cheek and i remember someone at my party saying "cool scar" but i dont remember if that someone was male or female...however he did pick up at my party, so maybe that tells you something ubblol

also, i dont necceasarily 'dig' guys with scars, but its the whole package. if the scar assists the whole look, then its hot! if not, it's juat a scar and it doesnt really bother me. so i suppose a scar 'if its done right' (lol!) would be hot.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

(Sole)Sparkfixerupera of strangness maximus
147 posts

Posted:
scars are tattoos with better stories ubbloco
but yeah ive got a couple of decent scars cant say its ever been a focus point with anyone really
i mean one on my leg looks like i came of second best with a grey nurse, real story I shattered my leg in a car accident when I was 8 and nearly lost my foot, but yeah its one of those scars that they didn’t bother stitching when they should have put at lest 15 stitches in and healed all monged, there’s a series of 3 scars about the same length i have no feeling in and u can semi see the fleshy layer of fat that lies under the skin its pretty freaky i hate it...

yay up to 5 beat weave only 4 more to get to 9 :P

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
At least on your leg you don't have problems covering it up...I have this scar on my face that I used to tell people I was attacked by a dog because I was ashamed of it.

Truth is I was born with a cleft and now I have scars where they have done many operations on me.

(Sole)Sparkfixerupera of strangness maximus
147 posts

Posted:
u shouldnt be ashamed u couldnt help it, anyway who cares what others think ur u and we love ya biggrin

god never gives us something we cant handle

yay up to 5 beat weave only 4 more to get to 9 :P

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
scars are cooooool. we love a good story, and scars have bucketfuls of them. when i go back to school im starting an expressive arts project on identity. I was thinking of getting makeup, and putting a scar across my face or a big birthmark, to see peopeles reaction in the street. should be quite interesting.
EDITED_BY: *Aimée* (1092734435)

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i'm a chap who thinks scars on gals are SEXY AS [censored]! i love snogging em...yum yum

It's smashing to be back x

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oops... OK... crap. I gotta take my foot out of my mouth for a second.

The ONLY scars I was referring to was those knuckleheads (IMHO) that don't use proper safety precautions and then brag about the scars they get.

I was referring to the "I do firechain wraps on my arms with dogchain so I can brag to my mates about how cool I am" bravado.

Genuine apologies to those that have received scars in other ways.

I certainly wasn't referring to those who survived major surgery. Or got scars in was I hadn't thought of at darker times in their lives.

Crap. I totally suck. frown

Wow. This may have been one of my larger faux pas if I really want to beat myself up.

Hugs to those that have been scarred in dark or traumatic ways. Hugs to those that have risen out of darker times. Hugs to those who got scars accidentally.

I didn't mean those.

In fact, I ignorantly didn't even think of those.

Honest.

frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:

No need to scar youself too NYC, im not sure its as bad you think. Certainly got a conversation going.

I'm flying to new york in the morning. I'll tell you all about my scars if it'l cheers you up.

Love is the law.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hug i know you're not mean nyc and as such hadn't read your post in any way other than the context you just described - i can see where it might have been misread though.

the phrase 'chicks dig scars' is usually used when someone hurts themselves in an avoidable way rather than in a situation where the scar is a result of a genuine accident or medical condition - "ah well, you've been stupid and hurt yourself but chicks dig scars so f*ck it!".

it usually projects a flippant attitude to dangerous activities and i'm guessing that's what you were gettingat?

either that or you're just jealous of us bilateral guys ubblol

its not your fault your hands are soft and you don't have any scars.

ya big wuss wink

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
everyone has scars.
that's the magic of the belly button
smile

*removes nyc's foot from his mouth*
I know you didn't mean anything badly, but don't mess with the scarred folk! they might be big and scary...eek

*wonders if she is putting feet mouthwards also and runs away*

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
NYC, we're on a poi forum, we all knew/know what kind of scars you meant. Don't worry about it boyo.

I've got three really tidy scars on the back of my wrist from where my piercings fell out, and I think they're sexy, even if "the chicks" don't.

My ex wouldn't look at them ubblol

Davy

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Lol, don't worry nyc!!

I had a car accident and ended up with a scar on my leg and missing front teeth... but hey... talking about it doesn't bring back any horrible memories or anything... (just feeling a bit stupid smile )

I think everyone (especially on this board) loves talking about their scars - cos it's something unique..

xx

Getting to the other side smile

MeleSILVER Member
A perth girl gone walkabout...
396 posts

Posted:

Not really one who digs scars, but if i dig a guy regardless, i'm definatly going to use it as a conversation starter and hope there is an interesting story attached and take things from there.... wink

I smile because i have no idea whats going on!! biggrin

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
I guess it depends on the guy... and what type of scar, etc.
As people have said it is a conversation starter sometimes... and the stories better be real, not some lie. You can sometimes also tell stuff about peole from their scars.

But scars can be bad... like if someone was being a try hard.
Then, there is stuff like what one of my friends did to herself.
She was totally in love with this guy (thats what she thought anyway) whose initials are AG. so she engraved AG into her arm, where she did it wasnt the smartest idea. Well, he got a girlfriend she stopped liking him. So she had this AG scar on her arm, now she is with this guy callec Corey, so she has HIS initials on her arm too... by the time this chick is older she's gonna have a million names on her, I know this will have a deeper meaning, but she wont say anything.
So yeah, scars can be bad but some can be awesome

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I have never really understood the need to deliberately scar....I think it is just damn scary and anyone who does it, no matter what extent, needs help.

Maybe I only think that way because I have WAYYYYYYY to many scars as it is.

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Yeah but people who deliberatly scare dont always think they have a problem, for them it could be, Fun

Page: