Forums > Help! > Fire In Brighton Issues.....

Login/Join to Participate

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
Im back in brighton for a few weeks and desperate to aquint a friend of mine with the joy of fire (he's only done practice and glwosticks before but is now ready) but i cant think where i can go to play with fire tht isnt going to result in instant removal by the police. Im wondering about preston park, is there any nooks or crannys that people can spin in and not be disturbed?

Im getting desperate now as i managed to miss ANOTHER falmouth meet *sniffle* and havent done fire for too long!

well any ideas on this one would be helpfull!

thanks Lux

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
There's a weekly meeting on Tuesdays in Brighton, but I'm not sure if they do fire there.

Every Tuesday Eve from 7pm on Hove Lawns, 1st lawn from the bandstand Starting August 10th

Circus skills, Juggling, Clubs, Poi, Staff, Devil Sticks, Fire Breathing, Stilts, Magic, Contact, Diablo, Invisibility, Unicycle, Yo-Yo, Frisbee, Kites, Acrobatics, Fire spinning, Levitation, Contortionism, Clowning, Plate spinning.
Or any other skills you’re into.
Bring your toys.
Free!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
Thank you biggrin i'll try to check it out! Apparently theres always people down at the level doing fire too so i'll try dropping in on them as well.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Hey Lux! I'm down the road in Lewes mate! How feckin wierd is that? I've got the kids with me, but i'm well up for meeting up for a spin. If i can blag my dad for some cash i'll pop round to Firetoys and grab a nice heavy contact stick too!

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Oh cool man! I'll check that out too! Thanks Durbs!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
oh oh get the train to hastings. we're all nice and lovely smile plus thers only 3 of us, we need more numbers!
we spin down by the side of the pier and have no trouble. apart from asylem seekers wanting to stroke me...so thats why we need you! to bet them off with big sticks!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I'd say, in addition to the Hove Lawns thingy (which i didn't get to), if you go to the Level on a Tuesday night, there's ALWAYS spinners and jugglers. Even if it's raining REALLY hard like it was last tuesday.

Altogether now: "Spin-ning in the rain, just spin-ning in the rain, what a glorious feeeeling, " etc etc ad nauseam.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988