caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
Hey people! I've been travelling around Europe for a month and just got home. Question number one is.. What have I missed ?!?!

Question number two is slightly more complex...

When I was in Interlaken Switzerland on a campsite I span some fire and a friend video'd it. But then I noticed this random guy takin photos of me! I didnt know him, he didn't speak to me or my friends. He just took photos with a really good camera, and like led on the floor and climbed trees to get good angles..then left! My questions are

1) Is this normal?
2) Should I be scared?
3) Would anyone else find this rude?
4) Does anyone know who it is?
5) Any clues on finding out who it is? (I want copies of the pics :-p)
6) Has anyone else had random people taking pictures of them spinning?

Thanking you kindly, Caz xxx

Caz

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
yes, no, kinda, no, no, no - there's normally girls spinning and they'll take photos of them instead. ubblol

If you're fire spinning expect people take photos!
He sounds like an amateur photographer who saw a good opportunity to play with long exposure and fire lighting and took it. However not asking or speaking to you afterwards is a bit rude. Maybe he didn't speak English and/or was shy?

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
I span fire at a little beach party a while ago, and found that a few people I didn't know started taking photos and what not. I was quite chuffed!

I only managed to get hold of one of the people for a copy of their photos!

smells like burning teenagers..

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
not nice.
those that take and not give are doomed to wonder at their bad karma.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
*mental note* share all of my pics with bender!

i am one of those photo geeks who would climb the trees to get better angles, what was it ppl were calling me at teh last nipp party, ahhh yes, an MTV photographer, cos i was rolling round, and taking weird angle shots all night biggrin

but alas, some ppl are just not at thought ful as other, somtimes they dont ask and just assume you wont mind, my point in fact being teh sydney spin i had this week that was bombarded with vid cams, and still camera from unis!

they were all ok, but no one asked if they could film me or anyone, and we had to tell them not to film what we wanted to keep private, ie some of the burns....

but this is their country and their terriory, and while they werent fire spinners, or i didnt see them spin fire, there was ther things that bothered me,

still, i would normally say to a guy like that, do you mind if i get a copy, over just ignoring him, (and its normally guys) but yeah, my 2cents

ill leave now biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

6,978 posts

Posted:
in OZland, it's prohibited to take those tiny camera phones into certain areas not including my pants, perhaps one day punishable by me taking off my pants.
/cues terrfied small child screaming "put em back on, it burns my EEEEYES"

I read a report about the problems of frequent convictions in Taiwan for 'misuse' of hi-tech ultra-compact cameras.

As C@ntus would say, it is pants.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
I was spinning down the end of my deadend street and some kids walking by saw it and actually came down my street and stood about 15' away and just watched, and left as soon as I was done without saying a word...

A little odd, but a little flattering

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

6,978 posts

Posted:
maybe they were captivated and intimidated by your fire or pants smile

Skippynewbie
38 posts

Posted:
Hi Im skippy hug

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ive never been filmed spinning, but theres this weird camera guy who lives in bexhill who I think has a fetish for bmx'ers
Sometimes when im up the skatepark he parks his car and gets his video camera out and start filming us! Once they boys 'trapped' him, by one bike in front and behind ect. and approached him with a crowbar (not the best idea but still) he shouted 'i've got camera's evrwhere! one in the bush! and one down the cliff! amd more! i'll be watching you! before speeding off and nearly running us over. Was funyy bur scary at the same time ubblol

Skippynewbie
38 posts

Posted:
Hey Caz86 GAME ubblol I love poi And you hug

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: bender™

As C@ntus would say, it is pants.

why would i say that? it doesn't even sound like me. That's definitely not my accent.....

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
betcha i can do better with sock puppets!!

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
I suppose that some people who see fire spinning purely as a form of entertainment could belive that it is there to be watched, therefore may see no objection to watching/photographing a burn.

I'm not saying that's what I think, at all. Just maybe why you get the odd-bods who arrive, watch, leave and remain communicationless.

C@ntus, I think you should challenge bender to a sock puppet war. Oh yus indeedy...

smells like burning teenagers..

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
its strange but in the year or so since ive been spinning ive been photoed lots of times...by random people who i dont know...and its kinda cool. if some random person took a pic of me going about my everyday biz id say WHAT THE FOOK?
but as we all secretly LOVE an audience and showing off n that...pics while i'm spinning are cool. imagine caz....he's home and boring the neighbours with his holiday pics and then comes to one of you and they say WOW! an interesting pic at LAST! i've never seen anything as cool as that before EVER!

It's smashing to be back x

caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
I guess it is kinda cool. I thought it was a bit rude he didn't ask if I wanted to have copies or anything! Thanx for making it un-scary nice people. And....thanx for loving me Skippy?!?!?!

Caz x

Caz