Forums > Social Chat > If you were a Jedi.....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I was talking With my friend (Darth) Paul and he said if he was a Jedi Knight he would probably go over to the Dark Side as the temptation would be too much. He's a really lovely guy and it got me thinking if he would go over to the Dark Side it could happen to anyone.......

So my question is this: If you were a Jedi would you be able to resist the temptation of going over to the Dark Side of the Force?

Are we nearly there yet?

IdubIHoP Lurker
272 posts

Posted:
nah, I'd just make some light-poi.

*Oh, just for a minute,* my bed said.
"Don't lie to me," I grumbled.
*But you're so tired...*

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
it might be a good idea to know both sides of that reality

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
As long as the light side offers beer.

Jesus helps me trick people.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I'd probably end up slightly towards the dark side.
The temptation of getting powerful faster wouldn't send me over to the dark side, but it's those little niggly things that really wind you up that would.
Stuff like people being really rude for no reason - I'd be so tempted to put them in their place.
Sooner or later, I'd end up using my powers for myself rather than others, so I'd get nudged very slowly towards the dark side.

Non-Https Image Link

[ 19 June 2002, 20:10: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

anniesparksmember
17 posts

Posted:
Slightly off point but an amusing paragraph I read in the new Festival Eye;

At the last census in April at least 10,000 people registered 'Jedi' as their religion, which is the number needed for a religion to be officially recognised.
"May the Force be with you"

anniesparks

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I be working with the light side....espically after I saw the way that Yoda went off with his light sabre, that little guy went to town!!! I got all excited and decided that the light is the only way to go... I just dont wanna look like Yoda when Im his age...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
I was one of the many who chose Jedi as a religion in the census but unfortunately although there were over 10,000 who also chose this it doesn't mean it's classified as a religion. The census is just for staitstical and informational purposes and the reponses cannot dictate whether something becomes a recognised religion or not.

Still, I sometimes like to think of myself as one of the founders of the Jedi movement for my vote, at least that's one thing that when I have kids one day they can be proud of me for!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Some of you guys make me wonder... none the less I would choose the Light side, ultamatly the Light wins soooo, I wanna be on the winning team.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Staying with the star wars theme, unless you've been living under a rock for ages, you'll know that Hayden Christensen plays Anakin who then becomes Darth Vader.

However, since Vader is almost 7 feet tall and Anakin is only about 6 foot tall when he's 19 (so he's probably finished growing), I want to know how he gets so tall.
Some of the extra height would be the armour, but I think the reason that Vader is so feared is that he's not afraid to wear stilettos

[ 20 June 2002, 03:22: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I think Darth Vader wears big platform boots like Gene Symmons from KISS. Who, incidentally, is more scary than Darth Vadder.

Are we nearly there yet?

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I know it is a "light" and "entertaining" question, but it is one I've asked myself for as far as i can remember regarding WWII... I know what i would like to *think* I would do ... but until I'm facing it, I'll never know for sure what i'll actually *do* ...

or was that off topic ?

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by TheBovrilMonkey:
since Vader is almost 7 feet tall and Anakin is only about 6 foot tall when he's 19 (so he's probably finished growing), I want to know how he gets so tall.
Some of the extra height would be the armour, but I think the reason that Vader is so feared is that he's not afraid to wear stilettos

Most of Darth Vader's body was destroyed in a battle with Obi-Wan and as such is a cyborg. The reason for the height increase is because they created the new body to be taller and more imposing.

As for me, I'm pretty lazy so I would probably be with the Light side. You have to be quite ambitions to be a Dark Sider and I'm not.
But the thought of using telekinesis to get stuff from the fridge or using the force to find the remote...

Don't worry, Valura, unless you're a member of Yoda's race you won't look like him ever. Besides, he's hundreds of years old. Humans tend to die out after just over one hundred.
Unless of course you use the Dark Side to transfer your body into a clone and continue on like the Emporer does.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

rasputinamember
23 posts

Posted:
erm...id probably stick with the light side. not for any moral reasons - im just too damn lazy, and lack the drive to be truly evil.

id be happy as long as i got to use a light sabre

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I would be neither..id come up with my own "Side" It would be affectionately called :

"Defend the innocent when need be/I dont have a problem with you, but you piss me off and ill squish your brain with the force/makes girls' dresses fly up/who cares if i want to open a beer bottle with the force and poor it in my mouth such that id be a lazy bastard/have fun at parties making simple minded people do stupid things/middle gray area" Side

In short id call it, the cool Side of the force.

"work, light beer, no parties, a Jedi craves no these things"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
At first, I figured I'd be a horrible Jedi, but then now I realize I'd be pretty good. I mean, I've already given up a lot of what the Jedi have to give up to follow my own dream, so perhaps Jedi wouldn't be that tough.

As for staying away from the Dark Side, it would be tempting, but I figure that if it's doable, then I can do it.

I mean, Yoda, using the light side, could spit lightning bolts. As long as the light side has all the same tricks, then I'd stick there.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
At first, I figured I'd be a horrible Jedi, but then now I realize I'd be pretty good. I mean, I've already given up a lot of what the Jedi have to give up to follow my own dream, so perhaps Jedi wouldn't be that tough.

As for staying away from the Dark Side, it would be tempting, but I figure that if it's doable, then I can do it.

I mean, Yoda, using the light side, could spit lightning bolts. As long as the light side has all the same tricks, then I'd stick there.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm... I would probably go for the side with the better force powers and cooler lightsabers. If a side gave me a black lightsaber shaped sorta like a Scimitar, I would go for their side b/c black is a cool colour, and a curved sword is just kool.

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
er... i'm not a starwars fan.

but can someone help me out as to what teh qualificatiosn are for light adn dark side Jedi's....????

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

rasputinamember
23 posts

Posted:
argh! bram!! now u made me go over to the dark side! as long as i got one of those swords u described...

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
er... i'm not a starwars fan.
*note to self: force Kyrian to watch all Star Wars movies until she can no longer resist the force and becomes a fan*

I would be a light - sider... but only if I didn't have to live on that creeped-out planet with Yoda!

[ 20 June 2002, 11:41: Message edited by: Nyx ]

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I think the Klingons would be dark Jedi
and the Vulcans would be the light side.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
i really wouldnt mind.. as long as they let me twirl with their light sabres id be rather content wherever

[ 20 June 2002, 11:56: Message edited by: sarah... ]

Fire... A bushmans telly

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
I think the Klingons would be dark Jedi
and the Vulcans would be the light side.
yeah but don't forget that time Spock tried to kill Kirk over a woman.... that pon far stuff turns em all to the dark side, Klingons just accept it more

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
Jedis are kool but I want to be an Ewok and live in the trees!

Om Namah Sivaya

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
I'm so there with you, Sun spot. Ewoks are wicked! And I just want to live in a tree in general.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I admitt. I AM A JEDI. I put that on my Cenus form as did both my parents, my brother and sister. I am NOT from this world. I am your father! (But with female genitals)

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Klingons ? vulcans ..; ??? *sigh*

I used to be sooooo in love with Mr Spock ...

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
My father with female genitals?

*shudder*

That's an image I can do without

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I would probably go to the dark side if they gave me a double sbare, kinda like a staff, b/c then I could twirl with it. And Rasputina I didn't specify which side I would go to. I just said the side that gave me a sabre like that would be the one I would go for. But it would be extremely awesome to get one that was like the black curvy one, but was a double like darth mauls

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
dude....ewok for life...

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Page: