James_HillyerGOLD Member
16 posts

Posted:
Hey guys n gals.

In about a week or so, after I finish my trial exams for yr12 Im thinking of starting a simulation program where one could choreograph all kindsa moves, and possibly make like a video of it. I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in it??

Wouldnt be so much for the pro's here, but still could help some beginners with completing sets, etc...

I couldn't find one out atm, if there is one just put a post here, otherwise tell me your thoughts.

a) Those who can, Do It.
b) Those who know, Post It.
c) Those who can't, Read It.
d) Those with ego's, Argue It.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
if you search through here you'll probably find some efforts others have done for this. May help inspire the direction and approach you take to it

Much like this

Let's relight this forum ubblove

James_HillyerGOLD Member
16 posts

Posted:
Yeah thats partially what I was thinking of.

What I was thinking though is more a front view where the user would select a move, say a normal 3b weave, and from that the user could select stages in the move to pull other moves, or continue on, so say we got to one side, the user could then say pull a twist to a backwards weave, and in the end have a movie of it smile
Not so much of a tuition thing but a put-together of moves.

a) Those who can, Do It.
b) Those who know, Post It.
c) Those who can't, Read It.
d) Those with ego's, Argue It.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
It would be fun to play with, but I think it's a *lot* more work than you're thinking to be able to pull it off smoothly

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
Im still working on the one linked here and it´s really very very much work.. Im trying to add those translations but probably need a newer vesion of flash... Tho theyll be trhere someday... If you need help with it pm me..:o)

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
That really is very hard to do.

If you thnk you can do it...then go for it.

Fail to prepare and prepare to fail......

Thats what my old PE teacher told me...

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
OK I'm pissed so Ignore everything I'm about to post.

I've got a basic poi model up and spinning in 3d using python and openGL/GLUT (If you're still reading I told you to stop)

I've discussed it with PSI and once the weather gets crap I'll start having a go. I'm pretty sure I could do one that would cover the basics without airwraps/Hyerloops. (For that my collision detection would have to get good.)

(Stop reading I tell you)

One of the main problems is every time I go to code it I think I'd rather be spinngin Poi. reckon this is why it's never been done before.

For programming moves it's gonna kinda be like sin waves varying the fequency on different axis. The probelm I found was I kept findin more and more axis to take into consideration and then you have to constrain them as elbows and sholders can't do certian things. (Mine can't but some poeples)

Then you have a library of moves described mathmaticly and you can work out were the points converging as to when you could change moves...

Sorry... I'll edit this in the morning to make more sense too....

I'm sure many people have talked about doing this so as don alot in the open source world ignore me untill I produce code to back up my retoric.

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
If it's done in Python (best language ever) then I'd be happy to have a look at the code at some point smile

"Moo," said the happy cow.

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
I agree with Sriralx above.

Python == Best Language ever

now get back spinning.. biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Garth, could you post your program somewhere, i'd love to have a look at it (and the source) biggrin smile
Mike
*wonders off wondering if he'll ever have the time to write the hyperloop simulator*

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
This thread is dominated by the HoP nerds I see.
=P

While the idea is super cool, I agreed that it's probably more time efficient in the end if you just go out and practice those moves.

In glowsticking, it isn't about the moves, but how you use the moves, and that is what defines your style. The inherent combinations of moves that you use tend to be inground in your head from series of moves that you practice, so each person has a unique inherent style.

But we all love our computer programs, sooooo carry on.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire