Forums > Social Chat > If you were a Jedi.....

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I was talking With my friend (Darth) Paul and he said if he was a Jedi Knight he would probably go over to the Dark Side as the temptation would be too much. He's a really lovely guy and it got me thinking if he would go over to the Dark Side it could happen to anyone.......

So my question is this: If you were a Jedi would you be able to resist the temptation of going over to the Dark Side of the Force?

Are we nearly there yet?

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
^^^
EwokPic

^^^they're so kewl...and so cute *squish*

Kali-then you're gonna be in heaven living on Endor-plus you get a sling shot and a hand glider...LET THE FUN BEGIN

[ 21 June 2002, 06:59: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well...
if you go with the ages old "the color of your chains' glowsticks is the color of your jedi light saber" and "the color of your light saber determines which side of the force you're on" philosophies, then i'm a dark sider, as i prefer my chains have red glowsticks. narff. you think that the jedi's would figure all that out, and just not teach anyone who likes red light sabers..
however i constantly rescue bugs from sidewalks and other dangerous locales, and am a pretty disciplined (tho pshycho) religious fanatic, so i'd say that i'm a good guy.. in fact as i mentioned on the star wars thread i am the buff jedi guy with the tentacles -in real life- man he was cool! got to do something about that outfit tho... i mean, do we have to wear that blah old boring brown robe? where's the cool black and silver art nouveau style plasteel armor?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
I think that is an exellent question!!! I think I would probobly end up on the dark side!!

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
I'd go darkside, spaceballs style *darth style voice: piss me of and i crush your balls!* sound fun to me.

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Cassandra, I what you said is quite relevent. I know I'd like to believe that I'd be on the light side, but the dark side has it's own seductive appeal. Like you say until we are faced with the situation we cannot say how we will act/what we would do. Dr Spock???

Sunspot, I also find Ewoks incredibly cute and lovable. I wouldn't go so far as to want to be one, but I would love to live in a tree. My nick name many years ago was Ewok.

SNOOPoi, We'll be having a serious talk about this *you going over to the dark side* business

Onelove, Thistlefirepixie

[ 21 June 2002, 11:06: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Arashi, my favorite glowstick color is blue because it leaves the best trails...

But that's the ONLY reason.... If only the human eye was wired differently so that red worked...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i hate red....

*sigh*

but cool colors are pretty

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
I would like to think I belong to the side of good however.

I experience fear, and fear leads to anger, and anger leads to hate and hate leads to the dark side

so I guess I would end up as one of Darth's minions

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
John Howard is a Dark lord of the Sith,
Darth Mundano.
His 2 dark powers are econimic rationalism, choke grasp and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope. um.. his THREE dark powers are..

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I'm with Smiley. I may have to be a dark one too. But again there's something quite seductive about the darkside. It's kinda erotic in some strange way. Having said that I just want the cloak and the saber to whoop ass with!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
<> My name is Super', and im a Star Wars addict..

Just for informations sake, You construct your own light saber. its a very delicate task. They are a focused beam of energy controlled by reflecting the energy through natural crystals. Kellian Crystals are the best, which after the Empire took over are hard to come by. If you dont have Kellian crystals, youll have to make your own, which is very difficult, and the chances that your lightsaber will explode when you first diploy it more than triple if it was constructed wrong.

What does all this mean?? Basically, since you construct your own it can be any shape, color, length, ect...that you choose, as long as you have the skill and knowledge to do construct it. So if you can do it, you can have a purple/yellow poka-dotted light saber coming out of a rubber banana with a swivel handle....if your into that sort of thing...

Super

May the forcr be in your pants

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
---Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
its wrong, its wrong THE WHOLE DAMN SYSTEM IS WRONG!!! the force is just like religon. there trying to focus either on the good energy of the world or the bad. doing this only blinds you because the world and life and all the energy of the universe is ever changeing and completely chaotic.. and you need the good and the bad.. turning your thoughts from evil does not make it go away. it only allows it to grow inside you with out the guidence of your heart and mind..i would balance the force of all of that energy and go and the direction that circumstance takes me.
if being kind and compasionate seems like it will fly with whats happening around you then thats what you should act on.. but if your in a hostile situation you need to be able to instantly tap into the most evil and diabolical energies inside you to beat down the enemies of life and peace..
it may seem that your sinking to there level but you must not deny that you have the dark energy in you too, your just not gonna act on it unless its totally neccasary... if every good person acted like obi won and just let darth vader strike them down we would live in a world of negative energy. balance is the key...... ya thats it..

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
oh, and can you make me one of those polka dotted light sabers supa??? that sounds cool..

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
---Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear
Wow, that brings back some memories! As soon as I read your post I dug up my old journals and,sure enough, there was that same quote from Dune, scrawled in various locations in the journals that spanned the time from when I was 16 to about 20. That litany made a big difference in my life, growing up in a highly chaotic, unstable environment. Good to see someone else appreciates it!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
WOW, lightbug! I take it you weren't camping out in front of the theater for a week waiting for Episode II while dressed up as that blue thing from the bar on Tatooine that plays the organ looking thing. ("Jaba-Jaba doo-ah" :dee-dee-deet da deet deet:) It's a very respectable system. The Jedi are the keepers of the peace. They use their skill and almost stoic control of emotion and thought to defeat their enemies. Their power lies in the fact that they have complete mastery over themselves. ANYWAYS...

So, I'm on about the color of your lights being the color of your saber thing. I think I would give my left testicle to have a color-changing light saber...

:drools incessantly over the idea of two blue-red-green RAV'N lightsabers:

But if the color dictated your pre-disposition to the side of the Force you would become, then where would that leave me??? I guess I would get the best of both worlds. (RED, BLUE, and GREEN?!) But in the end, I would still be mostly good. KICK ASS!!! That means I could still fry your ass for walking into the middle of the dance circle!!!

quote:
I am a proud and noble warrior, dedicated to upholding the virtue of the Universe and giving killer lightshows. But I swear on the Force itself, if you do that one more time, I am going to seriously mind-f*ck you!!!

~Glowshow
YEE-UH!

[ 24 June 2002, 20:33: Message edited by: glowshow ]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I'm Qui-Gonn-Finn!

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
Well when talking color association, Im all about the red and black...too bad black wont glow..

As far as light and dark side is concerned...people cant "choose" per say which side they want to be on. You are either born with more "good", or more "bad". Now just because someone has been born on the dark side...it doesnt nessecarily make them a bad person either, just means the way they view things might be a slight bit more negative than a light sider.

I am a dark, no doubt about it. Even in life, jedi powers aside, I am an asshole and I will fully admit it without a problem at all. But that doesnt mean if a good friend was in need...I wouldnt be there before you could blink, cuz I would....I think you all get my drift..

*Save the Empire!!!! Join the Punk Rock Canuck as she tries to overthrow the terrorist government with her army of Kung Fu Meese!!!!!!*

educate yourself - knowledge is power

6,978 posts

Posted:
fear the badass lightshow!

Non-Https Image Link

Let there be no confusion that fandom can far exceed the sensible

On a less silly note, to favour one side of the force over the other side due to the colour of a lightsaber is kinda like a samurai choosing the buishido paths cus she gets to play with long sharp pointy bits
This is not the Arrakeen way.
"A Fremen warrior never sheathes their crysknife unblooded"
-Hayt the Duncan Idaho ghola

[ 05 July 2002, 13:45: Message edited by: Bender_the_Offender ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
how dare you blaspheme the name of lucas. this force orientation/color scheme is lucasian in nature and therefore must be accepted without question. INFIDEL! BURN HIM!!!!!

6,978 posts

Posted:
uh oh!
/flees to dagobah where the abundance of (slimy) lifeforms conceals my force (and what a big force it is! *sniggers*)
I shall not fear....
I see that Roy Orbison has trained joo well..

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Owww Noo, Not Roy ORBISONS apprentices. Whatever will we do!?! *runs around in a panic*

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay, well, maybe since you at least put in another dune quote we'll just tickle you until you cry big fat happytears!!!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
dont get me wrong glow show im all about the jedi but i just think that theres no way to say that your 100% good or bad we all have both energies pulling us. its ok to recognize the evil in yourself as long as you have good intentions and a respect for life... keeping in touch with that dark side will keep you balanced and open minded. it will also help you understand your enemy. you cant try to win a fight with a hostile aggressive enemy with a handshake, you have to tap into your darkside and take charge (peace through superior fire power). i would also have to say that the darkside combined with a person who is trying to protect loved ones or your home is much more powerful then the darkside in someone who is just trying to gain power for his or her self. they need a jedi with poi lightsabers that would be awsome.. i wish my glowsticks made lightsaber noises i wonder if you could break open one of those old light saber toys and attach the sound thinga ma bob to a glowstick????

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Never quit understood why they don't just point the fucking light saber at someone and make a really big one come out the end. Afterall they do control how big it is etc...with the force and suchlike.... Job Done, enemy with fuck off great hole in them...........
Grrrrrr starwars.....
(**Totally upset he hasn't seen Attack of the Clones or whatever it's called yet..........**)

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

DreadedChrismember
5 posts

Posted:
It would have to be the dark side! In the deepest smellist most twisted Gabba K hole!

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
LONG LIVE THE DARK SIDE!!

We should have a staged Jedi fight, but with poi sometime. Get into two teams and fight....but gently ofcourse....

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Good Side
Light sabre: Double ended purple.
Brown Cape

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

6,978 posts

Posted:
I would be the effeminate anphetamine jedi that doesn't slow down for any camera.

Non-Https Image Link

heh heh Qui-Gon never wins a lightsaber battle...

Page: