_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Ok so last night i went to see the Chinese State Circus. On the way in a said to my friend 'would'nt it be cool if they did poi or stuff?' So we go in sit down and what's the first act? Meteor! Ive looked at the programme and it calls the act water spinning. 2 bowels on the end of strings, presumably filled with water, spun in the same way a meteor is.
Its was bloomin' amazin! There were about 10 guys all doing it at once all syncronised. It was spectacular to watch. One bit was only as I can describe as 'breakdancing' meteor. Where they lay on they're back and spin around whilst spinning the meteor over and underneath.
Also they did some awesome throws, some of which were caught on they're foot, and bounced back up into the air again. and they did double meteor as well which i though looked pretty awesome.
found this pic on Chinese State Circus homepage

Non-Https Image Link

Once i get some more money, might have to see into buying a meteor from HoP biggrin

Aimz xx

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I saw The Chinese State Circus about 2 years ago. The Diablo-ing girls blew me away. To this day I can't explain in words what they did. It was so complex. I would recommend people go and see for themselves.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
i dunno if it was the state circus, but i saw a chinese circus
my fav bit was when we started a mexican wave in the crowd and when they tried to fit as many girls on a bicycle at once-it was loads-more the 10!! on a bicycle!!

in state of metamorphosis

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

you mean these girls?

505 posts

Posted:
yer!!!
ok, i saw the chinese state circus too!!
biggrin
was there 15??
hang on..1...2...3..
i counted 15, but theres so many arms and legs...wonder if my granny basher could hold that many...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah - the Diabolo blew me away too. VERY different to any other diabolo work I'd seen before, more dancey but some incredible throws.

The pole climbing was just freaky smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

505 posts

Posted:
oo did u see the little girl in the barrel, then spin around on two guys feet? that was weird... fun looking tho..

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hmmm there wasn't any diablo stuff in it this year. although they did say that it was an all new 2004 production. I think i remember seeing them when i was reeeeeeeally small but its hard to remember.
Thinking back they also had some double staff and double baton in it, but that was more dancy than anything else.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Written by: Spanner

Written by: *Aimée*

2 bowels on the end of strings,

eek

ubblol ubblol ubblol

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
oops ubbangel

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Probably a good thing those "bowels" weren't filled with anything flammable! wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
patick! i'm just...i'm NOT EVEN GOING THERE!
ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...