TheCleanermember
23 posts

Posted:
HELLO!! I'd like to introduce myself to my newfound family. I admit that I have not read the message board much at all. Just wanted to get my first post out there, and express my newfound love of this art. I'm a poser to say the best. However, now that I seen how far I have come and how FAR I have to go. I'm very excited. This is what I've been looking for. I look forward to talking with you all and hope that someday I will have something to bring or offer. Thanks in advance for any help and advice. I'm off to read some more!!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Welcome....and from your name, I have to say, all I could think is "Oh no, it's The Cleaner" from the movie Labyrinth! grinAgain, welcome and just remember who picked on you first. wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
HELLO!! so, how long u been poi'ing? (or do u staff?) Cained+Unable

TheCleanermember
23 posts

Posted:
To be honest I didn't even know what it(Poi) was called until two days ago. I've been "messing" around now for about a month. I had no way of knowing how fast or slow I was learnig because there isn't anyone around here to gauge from. Most of the skills are coming along well. I'm finding that my left hand is in it's own world. By far the weave has been my killer. Aside from the hole in my finger, the laceration on my head, and the blue shins, I'm LOVING every step of the way. However, to me, that seems like a right of passage smile Thank you for the hello and welcome. I'm greatfull to any and all advice.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey smile and welcome!!! it's always great to have a cleaner amongst us!!! grin (what's this movie about anyway?) whatever problem you have search this board, there's lots of info; and if in doubt just post a message of course smile...we'll talk more soon wink, for the time being happy swinging,Simos

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
That sounds like a pretty impressive list of injuries, but persevere with moves like the weave.Its really fundamental but when it finally clicks, loads of things just fall into place. good luck, smilec+u

sprytemember
45 posts

Posted:
WelcomeI havn't been on the message board long, But since I have been, I know how to do certain moves better, and it gets me visualizing what I can be doing. I've learned alot already from this board. And the weave was my worst too. I got it down pat now though. It took me about 2 weeks to learn it,Right after I did learn it,in only one week I learned 7 new moves and how to make them all combine together.Good Luck!P.S. Pele I thought the same thing smile I really like that movie!

zenbientmember
1 post

Posted:
I am also new to this form, and though I found this site through various links (thanks to the originating website that actually gave credence to this art), this is by far the best place to roost. Through trial and error, I actually had learned some basic moves just because they 'felt' right. Now, I have tapped a fountain, and cannot wait to keep drinking! My calluses are forming, and boy! will my niece's eyes light up when I show here what I'm learning from all of you (thus maintaining my lead as THE Uncle). Thank you all

For If I do not strive,who will? -Chuang Tzu