Forums > Social Chat > j.k.rowling - satan's minion or pure coincidence?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
rasputinamember
23 posts

Posted:
harry potter is indoctrinating your kids in the ways of satan!

thought i'd post the link to an old website which is quite amusing. takes some sifting through but its worth it.

i particularly like the theory that harry potter books are conditioning children to accept the coming of the next antichrist. or i think thats what they were trying to say

its one of those moral christians of america sites explaining exactly why harry potter is so evil they should not let their kids within spitting distance of a copy ( unless they're spitting on its evil, satanic teachings under parental supervision)

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, I deleted two of my posts. I'm not going to get into another religious argument today. Uh uh! You can't make me! Not even if all the other kids are doing it!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Mike, I'm doing the same thing. I have studied this extensively from ancients religions to modern incarnations...now that I got started, I am going to stop, other than to say this...

Long Live Fantacy (harry potter, bilbo baggins, aslan!)...because by them magic lives on in the minds of those who are too oppressed to create it on their own!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Pele:
Long Live Fantacy (harry potter, bilbo baggins, aslan!)...because by them magic lives on in the minds of those who are too oppressed to create it on their own!
I am actually kinda offended by that opressed remark. I personally believe that magic like Harry Potters does not exist, now that is just what I believe. I do enjoy the idea of magic heck when I was back home my friends that played Ultima Online would joke about Corp Por'ing guys who just bugged us. Thought it would be funny, but that is a fictional game and to say that I am opressed because I dont "create it on my own" is very... what is the word that I keep getting called again? Ahh yes Closed minded.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hmmm.. Ray, you need to read all the replies instead of just a few. I believe I said in one reply that magic, such as in Harry Potter does not really exsist.
However, fantacy helps us to appreciate the magic in our lives, yet the right wingers tend to not see it because they are too repressed by terminology to understand the "magic", "miracles", whatever that happen every day.
At very least these stories make us strive to include more magic in our lives, by making us realize that the monotony of the daily grind does not need to be all there is in a day.
Please read more thoroughly Ray before you hop on the offended train instead of the Hogwart Express.

Pele

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Whatever happened to purely reading for pleasure eh? There's always one person who has to try to ruin your happiness.

That essay was hilarious. Truly, the man has gone mad....
I don't really like the Harry Potter books. I've read them, but I don't really find them that enjoyable. Her writting is superb tho nonetheless, and beautifully imaginative. But to say it is corrupting children..........?
My Ass!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Pele, you were aboslutly right I needed to read all of the posts not just that one. Now that I have nuked Hogwarts Express and have fortified the Offended Train, I have some of my opinion to put out.

First off Pele you dont have a clue what your talking about. Show me the doctrine that you clame to know that says Jesus Christ was anything but perfect. You are wrong about Alsan, he was modled after Jesus. He was pefect he did nothing wrong and he laid down his life for that boy (I forgot his name) who did wrong. Now that is exactly what Jesus did for us. You are also only partialy right about the definition of Christian, To be a Christian mean to be Christ like. (I am not perfect but I do strive to be Christ like)

I am trying to find something nice to say about your obvius Anitchristian mentality, but I just cant. I will end my post now knowing that I will once again have the whole board on my back about this. Ohh well another day in the life of Raymund!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Aslan, according to CS Lewis is patterned after God, and the idea that the same god can be recognised by many people/cultures but by different names/appearances, which is why in one of the last books it came out the Aslan ruled over more lands than simply Narnia. AND when one of the soldiers of Aslans enemies died, it was Aslan who met him in the after life instead of the enemy god, saying that this creature served his lord with uncomprimised integrity, without questioning and with complete conviction. This meant that though the deeds the creature did were wrong, he did them with a pure heart and that is what it took to get into Aslan's after world, purity of faith.

I know Christians who strive to walk with God and not be like Jesus. To live according to the word of God does not mean to be like Jesus. There are many people in the bible, many stories that have nothing to do with Jesus, so then the teachings of God through them should be disregarded? That is what you are saying? Big difference there.

Have you read Jesus and the Mastership?
The History of Modern Religion?
The trial in the Old Testament? Any version of the bible that is not King James?
The Harlott by the Side of the Road?
The Book of Mormon?
Any of the other recognised religious texts of the Christian faiths?
That is where the missing years of Jesus turn up. And in those years he was no saint.
Have you studied theology? Or history as it pertains to theology? Such as, if a person could swim in many cultures, or even float well, he was concidered to have magical powers because this was not something a person did commonly. Jesus could swim.
Did you know that the Red Sea actually has a rift in it, a cliff? And every several thousand years a seperation occurs where the tides pull back and one can cross the rift...in a concept similar to the Three Sister phenomenon on Lake Superior.
Did you know that for centuries to share anything in times of famon was to be concidered godlike and therefore unattainable?
Did you know that words and their meanings change over time, as well as translation?
Did you know that old text reads that Noah took 7 of every animal on the ark except those which were "dirty", those of which he took by two's? And
that god created man in *their* image, not his?
(I just copied that one right from the Bible I have in my home on my shelf. Yup, that's right Ray, I have an old testament [not King James VERSION] and I have read it cover to cover!)

Ray, just because I find flaws in the storyline of the bible does not make me anti-christian, and I really resent that remark. I am not anti-anything. I really don't give two what people believe. You can be a Satanic loving, demon calling priest for all I care, unless it in someone way touches someone in a harmful manner. If all it does is serve to upset someone else because of the name of the faith, then that does not count. Faith is a blind conviction, which is why it is called faith, because there is no die hard proof. I do think people with some form of faith tend to have more peace in their life, or more conviction maybe, but faith is where you find it, either in a church or in your garden, I don't care. However, the bible is a collection of stories to give moral lessons, just like the Tales of Anansi, The Mythos of Greece, Gaels, Rome, Egypt, Asia, Indigenous Tribes, and that list goes on. The Christian faith offers a pantheon for people to take part in. There is no hard core evidence of the truth to any faith, people create that for themselves, which is why it is called faith. And along those lines I fully believe no one is right or wrong. However, I know what I have studied, and if we were talking Greek Mythos, I would be saying the same thing. You read hatred in a challenge because you do not understand my faith, or else you have anti- anything but christian in your heart.

Where exactly did I say I hate Christians? Where exactly did I say anything bad about them? I just re-read this entire thread and nowhere did I even insinuate it. And if you would like to go back to the oppressed comment, where did I mention Christians in that? I didn't. I said those too oppressed, and I know people of all faiths who are oppressed.
Since you chastised someone for putting words into your mouth or intentions into your words (another thread I believe), I am asking that you not play the part of a hypocrite and do the same to me.

"If in all the truths in the world you pick one and follow it blindly, it becomes a falsehood and you a fanatic."- Jack Marshack. This quote seems to fit the article as well.

[ 22 June 2002, 17:52: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele

2,905 posts

Posted:
This is what I reconize, The Bible is the one true authority on the life of Jesus Christ, all other works are shinanigins. If after you died, I printed a book saying that your were a cold blooded killer that was just never cought 1000 years down the road would the world believe me?Ohh and how many centuries after the assention of Christ was the book or mormon written? hmm some 2000 years, wow.

Ohh and I have read severl different versions of the Bible, IE The living Bible, NIV, NKJ, KJ and a few others. You are right, man was made in "our likeness" I do believe that, that was said in accordance with John 1:1. In the begining was the Word the Word was God and the Word was with God. (chalk one up for Ray)

Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus could swim? (I am not doubting the fact, but when you think about it how many fishermen could swim?)

Ohh and about Noah he took 7 of the clean animals because they ate them. People have to eat ya know.

Your "Christian friends" who wish to live like God and not Christ are missing the point.

To a point I am anit-everything but Christian, I feel that every religion that does not believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the One True God who was cricified on a cross and risen from the dead three days later for the forgiveness of our sins, to be a false religion a hoax a shinanigin.

I never said you hated Christians, I said "Anitchristian mentality". If that means to you that I said you hated Christians you are mistaken and I should have clarified myself a bit better. You can be anit-somehting and not hate it.

The Bible is more than just a story book, yes it has alot of stories and parables, it also has cold hard proven historical facts, laws (most in the old testiment, ones that we are no longer called to live under). In fact the only two laws that Christians are called to live under is "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, body and streangth and Love your neighbor as yourself."

There is something that you missed, the Chruch is the body of Christ, his bride, not I repeat not a building.

History prooves the Bible as fact, science can not disproove the Bible. It takes more fait to believe that the Bible is false than it takes to believe the Bible is real. Take evolution for example, none of it makes scence, primordial ooze or the evolution of man, please dont make me laugh.

Just a few things you said on your posts on this thread gabe me an anti-Christian vibe. Satan may not have been used in the Old Testiment(I can neither agree or dissagree with that), but Lucifer (AKA Satan) was cast out of Heaven, this is mentioned in the Old Testiment. How could hell be anything but part of the Christian faith. Also the Isrialites (Children of God) were the first to have what we now call a religion.

I dont understand alot of logic you use to come to your ideas is either demented or flawed I cant decide.

Perhaps I put words into your mouth for this I apologyse. Pele you can do all the research you want from the Bible to the movie The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ, untill you live the life you will never understand it, and from what you said before it seems to me that you have no intention of doing this. Untill you open your heart you will not understand. Do what you want believe what you want, our debate is futile because neither one of us will ever admit the other is right.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
*Dibs walks into the thread and reads what has been written............... she leaves rapidly*

Ouch! Anyone got any Ibuprofen? I have a banging head ache. Too much information man......... Mouse can I have another plaster?

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Stop assuming Ray, it looks bad for you. I *was* Christian. I have been baptised. I was a member of the choir and went to bible school, and church every Sunday with my family.

That is the only part of your last post that is even worth a response in my eyes. The rest is judgement on your part and all I can say to that is "Judge not lest ye be judged".
All religious texts from all faiths have historical basis Ray. You missed my points in the Noah thing and swimming because you were too hell bent in trying to argue that your scope of understanding is not allowing other perspectives in.
This is what I know Ray. That you go to church when you can and you get this sense of peace, of joy, of wonder and really, truly feel the touch of God with you...and you want to share it because it feels right for you. And that is wonderful for you, truly, and for others who feel it. But you know what? Not everyone does. I understand the bible. I understand the teachings behind it and I find church to be absolutely nauseating, literally. I have *never* been to one where I felt comfortable, or felt peace and joy and that the word of God was truly touching. I have never been inspired by a sermon or moved by the healing energy in a church. I know pastors and preachers who are amazing to watch, theatrical or calm, but none have moved me. I find those emotions elsewhere, and that is where my faith lies, that is where my church is. What does it matter to you where anyone finds God, or what they call him as long as they live a good and pure life?
I bet you were taught that anyone who does not believe the way you do is wrong, that prayer is done a certain way and that if you don't do all these things to be as close to the bible as you can be then you will burn in hell..the standard in many Christian faiths. That is how you were taught and so that is what you believe, and there is nothing wrong with that....FOR YOU. I was taught differently. Many of us were, and you know what? None of us are completely right or wrong, and you have no authority to say as such. As much you are a product of your environment and education, so are we all. I know what I have learned. I know what faith is right for me. I *KNOW* I will go on to a better place because I am a good person, and no one will ever be able to tell me otherwise, because I know what I have been taught and that is right for me.
You think I will burn, but since your God (and yes he is real for you, that I acknowledge) has no bearing in my world, I know that isn't right for me. See, that's the thing about faith, we can all have the same God and believe in him differently. We can all believe in our own gods and with enough conviction, our beliefs work out. Anyone who is religious and dedicated to their faith can "prove" it is real...ANYONE OF ANY FAITH Ray, so do not think you are alone in this. There are no rights. There are no wrongs. It is all about perspective, and Ray, your religious perspective may be right for you, but you need to understand, it is not right for everyone. The only absolute in this world is that at some point everything dies.
I am not trying to change your mind, just open your eyes to the fact that you are not the end all beat all and that in this matter, your opinions and beliefs about this are not for everyone, and that doesn't make them less of a person and it doesn't mean they will burn in hell, it just means there is difference in this world. And if you can not understand this, then it isn't worth my time trying to explain it any further.
Congratulations to you in your faith with your conviction Ray, but you know what? Congratualtions to everyone else too, because if you read up on the different faiths, or experience them with those who have conviction, they are all beautiful and they are all convincing and they all have merit, not just one.
Long live the difference, the choice and the free will!
I am done here.

[ 24 June 2002, 13:27: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele

2,905 posts

Posted:
Pele, what can I say? You have slammed the door in my face, you and I have both assumed things about eachother. You have your way of thinking your faith and I have mine. I have only one more card to play so to speek. I pray that we all come to our sences before it is to late.

Good bye Pele, may your god forgive you for all you sins and welcome you into his arms, because I know mine will. All you have to do is ask.

All I ask is for everyone who reads this to remember that there was a guy that loved you enough to tell you there was a way to be happy, and in telling you rememberd what it was like to be truly happy with himself.

[ 24 June 2002, 15:39: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i have the ability to love you...
and i believe we can be happy

p.s. i was an evil wizard on the new harry potter movie and it was lovely in nocturn alley

i think i was a real mission for the make-up ladies tho
-tricky to turn me into evil looking !!!

warm feelings in tummy`s everyone

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

Page: