Page:
{anthrax}BRONZE Member
Look I've changed my title!
209 posts

Posted:
I was thinking about various fire arts and how cool the flames look. Then I started to think about the glowing jewelery and stuff you can buy.

THEN i thoguht, well why not try combine the two???

I will draw some designs tomorrow when Im at work, but so far I have thought of a peice to be worn on the arm that can be set on fire. It should be safe enough to disapate the heat away from the user and also prevent any other part of the body being burnt.

Or maybe im just crazy ubbloco
I think there is lots of variations on the idea and if anyone wants to chip in then your more than welcome, just think how cool these things would look when you as a person light up during a fire display!

anthrax.... it infects, then spreads..... fast

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
hmm... the only problem i can see with that is that if the taper is coiled then the flame will probably also melt whichever other part of the candle is nearby. And you still have the flame fairly close to your skin, like cody says you probably would have to hold your arm out all the time - although then, there is always goign to be that difficulty owing to the flames tendency to always go upwards whatever angle your arm might be at.... it's a neat idea, but if we're still talking about "jewellery" probably wants to be considered in combination with a number of other factors smile

Having said all that, candle wax - solid fuel, for this is a great idea, nice one polythene biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Polythene is lazy, and so always looks for the easiest route biggrin
when coiling the taper, the coils don't need to be touching, it'd take a few trial runs to get it just right. Also, to protect the skin, a round tea-light type holder could be installed as a feature.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
Hmm, keep going I like the way this is turning out.

Only problem is, wouldnt it be a little BIG?

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Yes, but jewellery ON FIRE was never going to be very subtle anyway wink

If you wanted something small you could always use a stub of birthday candle and keep replacing it...

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
why stop at jewellery?

thats should get yer brains going overtime ubblol

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
i met a guy called cormak in perth, australia. he was into making fire jewellery. He used clippers i think, adapted them with tiny plastic tubes leading arround the body with copper tubes where the jewlery was showing.. this would i did not see the workings in detail but the results were amazing...

he had a line of tubes down the spine with junctions off and flames out the top... he had a great bracelet that had a pressure valuve built into it.. ie. put pressure on and the flame got bigger....

i shall look and see if i can pull up his info... although it is a few years since i spoke to him...

kev

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

{anthrax}BRONZE Member
209 posts

Posted:
So were the tubes for gas to flow through? If so where was the bottle?

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
I bet it was propane. I hope it was propane. eek if you do it in short bursts, the "jewery" wouldn't heat up as much. You could use an electric barbeque starter. OOOOOOOO I like this idea. It's a smaller version of my frend Dave's flaming mohawk. (see my gallery wink)

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
If you're going to be candles, though, please remember to use only pure parrafin candles - like plain white shabbas candles or something. Any dyes, scents, &c. will make the wax hotter, and beeswax is particularly hot, and you want to be sure that you don't get hurt if the wax does end up dripping on you. If plain paraffin candles melt on you, you'll be fine.

E pluribus unum, baby.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
The best way to do that would be to buy wicking and paraffin wax, and dip your own tapers, that way you can custom make them to the length you want too smile

Page: