gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Yo Yo Boyz n Girlz how is everyone? smileWas wondering what all you staff twirlers do when you're not doing fire in the context that poiing has glowsticks, beaming poi and bag poi. I have seen people in THE DROME (R.I.P) mad using staffs with a glow stick on each end. Having allready established that you can't really buy non fire staffs shocked was wondering if anyone had any ideas for constucting a staff that has a glow stick firmly attached (and replaceable obviously rolleyes ) on each end. If anyone knows of or has any ideas then please elaborate cause I really want to take up staff. smilecheers guys.I know I can count on all you lot grinpeace out peoplegarbo tongue[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 04 March 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I've seen a non-fire staff made of a curtain pole or hangar pole (not sure which)--a wooden pole about 1-1.5" in diameter. I think the guy had driven eyelet screws into the ends, and hung glowsticks and streamers off those. Pretty simple.Aluminum tubing is also pretty easy to work with if you have an electric drill and a pipe cutter.If you don't want the sticks flapping around, I think the ideal would be to cut windows in your pole/tube a couple inches from the tips, such that you could fit the glowstic in there, and cover over with any kind of clear tubing, even tape. This would be quite a bit more work, obviously.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Yeah, I would really like them to be firmly stuck but replacable. Maybe you could drill a hole a few inches from the ends and insert the glow stick up the tube and put a screw through the tube passing through the hole in the end of the glow stick, that might work.ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY IDEAS?cheers adamrice.peace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

sprytemember
45 posts

Posted:
You know I never got to see her use it but fairie Firebell has a plexyglas hollow tube she fills with glowsticks and necklaces.... You might want to talk to her cause that would be really cool.