Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
OK - in my quest to learn some new stuff i've tried to do TTN and a waist wrap.

I've followed the instructions in my book to do a hip mill on the left side but i can't work out how to get the transition onto my right as i always end up in a weave. frown Any pointers?

Also TTN - no chance! biggrin tangles galore confused - again any pointers?

All advice/videos/explanations will be much apprectiated. smile

Ta Very Muchly
me
x

Gayle.....!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
There's a [Old link] about. I recommed [Old link] The waistwrap contains elements of forward and reverse weave, but you miss half the circles out with the 'carry'. E.g. For the front bit of a waistwrap you go from halfway through the reverse weave on your left (poi spinning in circles behind you - right hand on top of left) to halfway through the forward weave on your right side (poi spinning in circles behind you - left hand under right arm) and then the hands and circles move back to the front.

For TTN - chances are when you do butterfly it's always the same hand on top. Practice butterfly with either hand on top. Then after you've done that for a while, go from having your weak hand on top to your strong hand on top in a one potato, two potato style.

There's probably better advice on this board if you do a search.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Thanks Dom,

Last night i got the waist wrap and also a continous spinning moving weave which looks cool.

Now for the TTN which i tried again last night and still got tangled - i think the tails on my poi are too long. Bugger!

Gayle.....!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
take them off. all my tales come off wink valcro.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hell yeah - got the inwards TTN, just gotta try for the outwards.

Dam you tangles!

Gayle.....!

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
hey hon!

good luck with the TTN - I found it helped to really over-exaggerate the movements, to the extent where you fully extend your arms to change your hand positions. Oh, I dont know if that makes sense - PM me if you like, or maybe I'll see you at the convention?

was good to see you along to the fire night on Wed.
smiles
Lx

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
has anyone tried the TTN behind the back? help please!

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yup... i've only bothered with the baic two beat so far but 3, and 4 are possible and i'm sure 5 is within reach of some rubber armed contortionists! smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
yup worked it out. you just really have to lean forward but someone has to tell me if it looks any good...;)

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
Isolated TTN, do them normal than isolate as well as you can, trippy.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.