Whoever is spinning poi now, as I head for bed, I hope it is a good one smile

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Oh wow... how cool would it be if it was true.... but it is a nice thing to think about...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
i just span some weavesmiley poi while walking my dog, so i was that someone for a bit, wow

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
i just span some poi while walking my dog and finally managed to crack the backwards weave (i thin) so for a short time, i was that person spinning poi somewhere in the world, wow, whos next?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ive had that thought before to. I was out in my garden at sunset. t'was beeeeoooootiful.

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Thats so true and such a nice thought. I hadn't thought about it before weavesmiley

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
ha ha yeh i was trying to teach my dog the weave but she keeps doing a 2 beat one, she keeps forgetting the extra beat, silly mongrel, she gonna just have to stick to staff and fire breathing until she can be bothered to listen to my instructions! honestly!! ubblol

BzraelBRONZE Member
45 posts

Posted:
speaking of pets, dont you hate it when your cat attacks the poi on the downswing? grr

btw I am spinning right now, as I type.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
I hope you didn't forget which was poi and which was dog lead pyrowill, that could have been messy... eek

As for cats, mine have finally learnt to stay the hell out of the way, even of the tails which are just pure temptation for puddy cats.... Accidentally hit the cat a few times, that'll learn him! ubbangel

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
my dog is so cute, when i practise my fire poi in the garden she just sits and watches, my own little spectator, but my cats still just try and eat the tails on my cobra poi, and its funny when u spin it how their head bobs to it watching every beat

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I just been spinning for the last 5 hours. I love the thought that someone somewhere is spinning as i write this. Spanner, you feckin beauty, that's gonna make me smile for ages. biggrin

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
well if there is always somone spinning poi i hope there is somone spinning staff right next to them smile

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

RuneBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
I had the same thought the other night when at 1am I was wandering round the streets of my village taking my dog for a walk while spinning my glow poi (new toys!), wondering how many other people were also out spinning poi.

On the subject of pets, my cat loves to jump for my sock poi, but my dog after getting accidently smacked across the head by a glow hackysack poi keeps out of my way. On the other hand, my horse (a big 15.3hh monster cob) lets me do poi around his body and an inch away from his nose. I'm still trying to figure out if there is any way I can do horse riding and poi at the same time, and make it look interesting and fun. And not just like someone on horseback using Poi :-/

Kitty - Feel free to talk to me on messengers:

AIM: Rune Amgine
MSN: kirstin(at)kryptworks(dot)co.uk
Yahoo!: BloodSoakedRagdoll

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Its like off Amilie, she likes to sit and wonder how many people in her town are having sex at any one time.

My cats like practise poi, but I've yet to see their reaction to fire - do you think they'll be impressed?

RuneBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Completely random, nilid, but just noticed that it says you are from Hexham. I go by your area quite often, I'm at Featherstone Castle near Haltwhislte quite a few times per year, we also spin fire there at parties during the year. /random message over.

Kitty - Feel free to talk to me on messengers:

AIM: Rune Amgine
MSN: kirstin(at)kryptworks(dot)co.uk
Yahoo!: BloodSoakedRagdoll