Forums > Social Discussion > Meeting a Legend--Albert Lucas

Login/Join to Participate

Arcanemember
28 posts

Posted:
A few days ago I had the singular honor of seeing Albert Lucas perform live...

For those who are unaware, Lucas is a legendary juggler with 24 world records to his credit....

It was amazing to see him live finally and a thrill when afterwards I got not only his autograph on one of my Dube clubs (which also has Brian Dube's signature on it), but also to discover that he will be in my area until roughly Oct. performing and is willing to come to my home and help me with several problem area's in my own juggling...Also to meet my Wolves (We raise them in a protected sanctuary)...

It was an amazing experience...

Truely,

Arcane juggle

...you're going to blow WHAT out of your mouth???????

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Where in Texas??

I'd love to see him, and I bet Mand would as well.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
wow, how spesh!
that's inspiration that money can't buy!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
that rocks man biggrin

what was the show like/about?

and what are you working on that he's gonna help you with - you must be pretty damn good youself! smile

if he does come and hang out with you, please, please, please ask him nicely for a copy of his 13 ring video - no-one i know has even seen it but i'm guessing lucas himself probably has a copy hanging round somewhere...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Arcanemember
28 posts

Posted:
Hey all, sorry took a while to get back...

To address the issue's:

Spitfire:

We're in Missouri now, we moved and I never bothered to change my profile...Lucas is opening at the "Dixie Stampede" here in Branson.

Bender:

Yes, it was incredibly special...I've been aching to see him for years.

Coleman:

The show was awesome, he started with a great 7 ring Cascade (flawless), then he juggled 3 frisbees (inventive and cool, showing people you don't have to spend a fortune on gear ALL the time, then a 4 tennis racket routine on to 5, he did a 13 plate spinning routine, he did a FANTASTIC 3 club run with a LOT of different patterns, then he juggled 6 rings in one hand (awesome), there were some other bits and bobs like a nice 3 ball routine where he caught the balls in a neat belt rig....He ended the show with a 3 torch fire-juggling routine, which included throwing 'Alberts' (under the leg from back to front)...

I'm hoping he can help me with my numbers in rings and clubs, and do some work on various patterns that are eluding me in regards to ball juggling.

Forget the 13 ring video, make it to Vegas in Dec (16-21) at the WJF (World Juggling Federation) competition and convention! Lucas is going to juggle 14 Rings!!!

Go to www.jugglingcompetition.com for more details on that!

Laters,

Arcane juggle

...you're going to blow WHAT out of your mouth???????

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
no chains! i'm offended! tongue

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i would love to see lucas juggling 3 balls and 3 torches!

and that 14 ring attempt is going to be mental:

Non-Https Image Link

i hear jason garfield plans to break the ball juggling numbers world record as well.
i think its 12 balls so he has to throw more than a flash but i would be very suprised if he can even get close to qualifying it - we may just see 14 catches...

enough with all these huge numbers of objects for now - i'm off to see jerome thomas tonight smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

ber sealThe Official London juggling über spy. shh! dont tell any one
419 posts

Posted:
I hope one day I can be that good.

and maybe someone will want me to sign there clud's aswell.

oh I saw a mate of mine do 6 balls in one hand the other day.
he was using multiplexs. so does not count as 6 in one hand for real. but was still cool to see.

When people says "plz" cause its shorter than "please" I say "no" cause its shorter than "yes"